Ask user who manufacturers chef knives pretty much anything. pic related

ask user who manufacturers chef knives pretty much anything. pic related

Why did you drop out of high school?

Based on the picture you posted, I would say Lamson Sharp.
I'm a smart monkey.

hey loser why do you pay for a Veeky Forums pass?

Is it fun

working through college

>pic related

Why did you claim to make "chef knives" but then post a picture of a santoku?

night shift is fun like many other places. day shift is full of cry babies like most places.

its one of the few things im proud of we make. :)

happened to have that picture on hand user.
thats all

Do you hand make them or are they made by machines?

for lamson and a lot of victorinox everything is done by hand except for cutting out the stainless steel

Is it folded?

what kind of knife do you recommend for cutting through chicken bone

What exactly do you do? Can you explaine the process? Like, do you work from a blank cut to shape, or do you just do just do one small particular part of process? Could you take the knowledge and experience you gain at work and make a knife from scratch?

A poultry cleaver, dummy. Or use the heel of your beater chef's if you have one.

nope just a pretty thick sheet of stainless steel.

My longest standing postion is the lasermarking department. its like any normal factory with most being speicalized in a department and the rest that are bitch boys. I probably could make one from scratch with most of the knowledge I have but there are still gaps in knowledge for it to be a good knife. i could probably make a really shitty beater knife by myself.

Do you even fold your knives a million times to create the strongest and sharpest blade?

Best chefs knife on a budget for a college kid?

>implying a santoku isn't a chef's knife

Not OP, but go to Walmart and buy whatever full tang chef knife they have on sale. Get a steel/honing rod too. Don't any more than 20 for the knife.

What is the most expensive chef knife you can make at your plant? What's the cheapest? How different do these two knives preform: for sharpness longevity, flexibility, balance?

Why are your poultry shears so fucking expensive?