I'm in my first year of grad school studying Statistics. 80% of my fellow students are Chinese...

I'm in my first year of grad school studying Statistics. 80% of my fellow students are Chinese. Is this supply/demand phenomenon? IQ? Curious for feedback.

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/investigates/special-report/college-sat-one/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Prob. S/D.

Country?
Number of students?

Think most of the stats people here are some form of Asian. The older Asians are almost always algebraists, though.

This is true for every STEM discipline brah. The shit stipends are actually a decent salary over there. This is also a nice ticket to leave their shithole for good. If they go back, they do get worshiped for their western education, so it's not even all that bad. Let's not even forget that they're already among themselves too, so it's almost like being in the old country.

>This is also a nice ticket to leave their shithole for good

Except that's not what they do at all. All the Chinese students want to get an American degree, then go back to work in China.

The real reason there are so many Chinese grad students is they come from wealthy families that the university can take more money from.

Universities aren't required to disclose tuition costs for foreign students, so they can change them as much as they want with impunity. The university wants to find as many foreign students as possible willing to pay an inflated price for an American degree. It's free money for the university.

chinese companies know better than to trust degrees from chinese universities, so anyone with money (meaning party connections) sends their spoiled shit spawn overseas to get an education. And there's a hell of a lot of those.

the west wants to take any talented chinese individual it can

It's because in Asian cultures familial / social pressure can lead you to doing shit like that. Most Asians I've met would rather be doing something more worthwhile to them at a slightly lower employment rate and starting salary but their family would fucking disown them if they didn't try to become an MD.

Bet you half want to off themselves.

Chinks really are the lowest form of humanity. They spread like insects and infect all areas they occupy with their dusgusting presence. Often times its hard to believe they are actually humans. They should all be enslaved and exterminated gradually.

Sorry, I believe you meant to post this on /b/, as racism is against the rules outside of /b, according to Global Rule 3. It's an easy mistake to make, so no worries.

Have a nice day!

>hillary is sick
>people this stupid are voting for trump
Oh god

i'm doing a masters industr. engineering and my class is 50% chinky.
>they don't even get good grades
>they don't even realize when theyve bought a child's bicycle

Wow I like a ton of the asian people in my courses. U fucking degenerate racists fucks need to get out more or just kill yourselves!

Nice dubs tho.

Probably depends on your school.
My computer science department is full of Indian/Asians. like 8/10. 9th is white guy, 10th is girl.

My math department however is 8/10 white guys.

Funny because this kid is a total player. He's a pick-up master. He sat down on a couch, had fun doing his own thing on the Nintendo DS playing some game. He doesn't need to sperg out any alpha male body poses or any stupid shit. Looks like he put no effort into getting the girl! Wrong, this guy is a genius masterm everything calculated. Notice how he's playing the chick who's much older than him, yet he has her full attention, and she decided to sit by him. When's the last time a girl did that to you? This young man has his priorities straight. The chick can sense it as well. That's why she decided to approach him, and not the fag taking the picture. Did he fail in picking her up? Nah. These scenarios happen so much he doesnt give a shit because its so common. Yet he never had to buy any drinks, go to any clubs, lift any weights for hours. Fucking master player right there. Take notes anons.

>8343632
The Chinese are masters of science. Therefore you can reech these keedz by bonding over some of the best science of our time:

Rap Music.

I'm a chem grad student in nyc, out of the 23 people who entered the program in my year, it's 10 chinese dudes, 2 chinese girls, 2 indian girls, 3 west asian guys, 2 white girls, the 4 white guys

Everyone is white or some kind of asian, which is a surprise given we're at an extremely PC public uni in NYC, but I'm not going to complain about it

That's probably his mom

Because they are the smartest people on earth, of course

reuters.com/investigates/special-report/college-sat-one/

The GRE story is coming soon

Or sister

USA and Canada have terrible math education (farthest most high schools go is calc I)

if you're european i have no idea

I wish I had a mom like that.

where do you live

Shut the fuck up, Wang.

Culturally they just value smart people higher.

>Universities aren't required to disclose tuition costs for foreign students

Really? Wow. This seems unethical and likely to lead to two or more otherwise similar people paying different amounts for the same service

If you're in grad school in STEM, you don't pay tuition, and actually get a 20-30k stipend. Also, upwards of 60% never go back to China.

It's roughly the story at my school (prestigious US, east coast). I wouldn't say 80% ... Maybe 60%? Faculty is less skewed, though it seems those profs who are Asian primarily have Asian students.