Who else loves beans? They're easy to make and really fitting for this time of year

Who else loves beans? They're easy to make and really fitting for this time of year

It's Lima beans and cornbread for dinner tonight

I'm doing pasta with cannelini in a tomato sage sauce along with some sauteed spinach. Beans soaking right now. Will take 20 min in pressure cooker.

Not easy to make at all, shit takes too long and if your water is too hard you're fucked and need to adjust with baking soda.
With a pressure cooker it's a whole nother story

>babnanay are easy to mske
What? How do u mske banaas?

For me, it is the black beans. The best legumes

Or are they pulses?

Overall, it's pretty hands off though. If I'm working on something else, I just have to check them every once in a while.

For me, it is the McChicken. The perfect bean food sandwich.

>smooth creamy beans

It's called a pressure cooker you pleb
For me? Black beans, the best tasting legume.
Honorary mentions for kidney, lima, and haricot

I picked up some smoked jowls today at Kroger, I sautéed them in old bacon grease with onion and garlic, then added the already soaked beans on top

In two short hours, they should be done.

Nothing better on a cold winters evening than limas, great northern or navys simmered with some onion, garlic, celery, smoked pork and a few dried hot peppers. Start mid-afternoon and the kitchen smells lovely too.

update:
The water cooked down into basically gravy
The beans are creamy and delicious
8 minutes until the cornbread is ready

Pictures don't do them justice, they kinda look gross though

Nah you can tell how thick and creamy they are. Looks good.

I like a bit more broth, but whatever. If it was too thick, I'd add liquid. It's still homemade beans. Not much better food than that.

They look good user! Don't bully your beans!

I wanted to give you shit about not rendering that fat better, but the end product looks great.

Dry bean master race.
Only talentless hacks need to use frozen or canned beans.
I prefer soaking my beans overnight the day before I cook them. If pressed for time, I'll use the boil and simmer method, but I firmly believe that an overnight soak results in a more tender end product.

It was sliced pork jowls, how should I handle them differently next time? When my dad makes beans, he normally throws a ham hock in, I figured they were kinda similar.

Gonna make pintos tomorrow. Remind me to soak beans in the morning.

Thank you :,)

Just soak them now user?