What books encapsulate that feeling of feeling like you're the only one who feels a certain way...

What books encapsulate that feeling of feeling like you're the only one who feels a certain way? I am currently reading 1984 and I previously read The Catcher In The Rye, they both have themes of profound alienation and isolation. I like that, but also, there's not really anything that unusual about them, besides the contrast between their perspectives of the world and those around them.

If you'd allow me to go on a little rant, I feel this way all the time, that's why I'm so interested in such a book. In a sort of vague way, I feel so many parallels in my life to the life that Winston lives in 1984, just without the fear of being killed for my thoughts. . I feel so depressed that I have to live among other humans, it seems to me like they're all empty minded simpletons whenever I look around, then I think about the superficiality and uselessness of all of the information that I'm able to process. I don't mean to sound conceited, even though I guess I am, I really believe that I don't know how to enjoy living in a world where I never fit in in the first place.

I don't feel compatible with this planet, although I feel I have my own structured idea of what the world should be and what my ideal world would be. I'm not depressed and suicidal, I'm more of an idealist who's starved of any sort of satisfaction, and indeed it's left me with a deep seated resentment and dissatisfaction with life. Most of the time I'm just bombarded with thoughts of how much I hate myself, because of how my thoughts have betrayed me, how they've misguided me into saying something regrettable. That's one way I really relate to winston, is that I feel that my own thoughts betray me, in the foray of existence I'm forced, by any principles of living for the sake of living, to live through.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fgc9Gq4xzVs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sabbath's Theater is brilliant

Doesn't look like the kind of book I'm looking for.

Joyce Carol Oates. Pick anything.

I'm guessing you're a teenager

War and War.

Is there a problem?

No, I'm in my 20s. Now please drink beach.

Neck yourself, faggot

>people are sheep mentality is limited to angsty teens
i wish this meme would die, the adults that do nothing but browse facebook and watch etv are mostly good people

but that's still all they do, on any level other than surface, they don't allow themselves to operate. It doesn't make them inferior, but it does make me sad, because i remember when i made the shift to an analytic perspective, and i'd never go back.

Confederacy of Dunces

Autism Spectrum Disorder and De-Escalation Strategies: A Practical Guide to Positive Behavioural Interventions for Children and Young People

Look mom I burned him twice!

>people are facetiously insulting me on the internet
>better resort to irony to protect my fragile ego in an anonymous thread

fuck off to (you know where)

>in 20s
>drink bleach meme
>supercilious as fuck for probably no reason

Seriously go fuck yourself faggot

>What books encapsulate that feeling of feeling like you're the only one who feels a certain way? I am currently reading 1984 and I previously read The Catcher In The Rye, they both have themes of profound alienation and isolation. I like that, but also, there's not really anything that unusual about them, besides the contrast between their perspectives of the world and those around them.

>If you'd allow me to go on a little rant, I feel this way all the time, that's why I'm so interested in such a book. In a sort of vague way, I feel so many parallels in my life to the life that Winston lives in 1984, just without the fear of being killed for my thoughts. . I feel so depressed that I have to live among other humans, it seems to me like they're all empty minded simpletons whenever I look around, then I think about the superficiality and uselessness of all of the information that I'm able to process. I don't mean to sound conceited, even though I guess I am, I really believe that I don't know how to enjoy living in a world where I never fit in in the first place.

>I don't feel compatible with this planet, although I feel I have my own structured idea of what the world should be and what my ideal world would be. I'm not depressed and suicidal, I'm more of an idealist who's starved of any sort of satisfaction, and indeed it's left me with a deep seated resentment and dissatisfaction with life. Most of the time I'm just bombarded with thoughts of how much I hate myself, because of how my thoughts have betrayed me, how they've misguided me into saying something regrettable. That's one way I really relate to winston, is that I feel that my own thoughts betray me, in the foray of existence I'm forced, by any principles of living for the sake of living, to live through.

Finally. I have found an appropriate use for this image.

But c'mon lad. Get over yourself, for your own good.

This is some secondary school shit you're peddling.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fgc9Gq4xzVs

just had your first history of phil class?

What kind of idiot reads a massively popular novel that tons of people relate to, and uses it as a vehicle for being "unique"?

The more I read this the more I realise how great a piece of bait it is. Well done OP you master ruse man.

>asks what kind of idiot
>then describes it

This irony is too precious.

Revolt Against the Modern World

but Demosthenes, we have not reached the essence of what this "kind" of idiot is.

Sorry to offend you honestly, I really just get on edge whenever I use this forum. I took implying that I'm in my teens under the connotation of being a vague insult, which in the right context probably would be an insult, and could have been being used as an insult. I apologize if that wasn't your intention, I don't like inciting distress on the forums

'I' 19 times
have you considered this?

It's your kind, dear. That's why the joy I am experiencing is so great.

But everybody uses 'what kind of idiot' that way...

everybody is an idiot but mine body which is smart

Ergo, everybody is an idiot, in your eyes.

When he says death makes life absurd what did he mean by this? I thought absurdity was just the meaninglessness of life or the want for meaning and its nonexistence?

OP pic looks like one of the covers for Italo Svevo's Confessions of Zeno.

try reading

Sabato - The Tunnel

Dostoevsky - Crime and Punishment

You might also like

Houellebecq - Atomised

(also why the fuck do you want to feed your confirmation bias?)

My guess is that it's because mentalmasturbation is fun.

How do I not sound like this?

I feel like I'm stuck at this stage or that if any conversation becomes even slightly existential I'll sound super faggy.

>also why the fuck do you want to feed your confirmation bias?
I was actually just looking for recommendations of books that I may have never heard of before, or books that I wouldn't have immediately realized were pertinent to the way I'm feeling.

He'd just had philosophy classes at school

he was just parroting what he'd heard

I doubt he knew what he was talking about

Yeah it sounds like it.

We never had philosophy classes at my school and that's a bummer but I feel like it would also become insufferable at times.

This nigger kept his egginess into adulthood which is commendable since it implies he really was superior all along

Noone can be an edgy adult while keeping a straight face if not by real superiority

Narcissistic misanthropy.

Read some Schopenpooper.

The Temple of the Golden Pavilion
Notes from Underground
Faust
Your diary desu

For a language that does not have proper conjugation overusing pronouns is fine.
It is more a matter of dealing with the plebness of english.

Maybe "Wittgenstein’s Mistress"?
Probably it is a book not so much about being an outsider in ethics, but in perception of the world.
There’s also a similar novel by Peter Handke, called "The Goalie's Anxiety at the Penalty Kick".

I hope you're a troll. You want to sound misantrophic, but just sound like a faggot; saying you hate yourself, but aren't depressed; calling yourself an idealist. Before that you say yo are depressed because you have to live among other humans. Well, big fucking shit. People are shit; but so are you, and so am I. You can shit on other people being shit only if you admit to yourself you are shit. If you think you're better than somebody else, that you have a tighted grasp and inside of the human experience; you haven't. We're all shit, just diffrent shits. Get fucking over yourself. The Catcher in the Rye is profound in the sense of isolation and alienation only if you're 15. I'm drawing a parallel on myself because I first read it in that age. Then, I tought it was so smart and awesome, but later realised it's just an edgy YA book, only, unlike others, it has good prose. My point: stop being a faggot.

>tighted grasp and inside of the human experience
*tighter grasp and insight in the human experience

>You want to sound misantrophic, but just sound like a faggot
wow, you ever just read something so stupid that it just sucks all the energy right out of you?

On the Heights of Despair by Emil Cioran

I have a first edition hardcover of this book.

I've wondered this too. It's would seem existentialism is out of style.

your illiterate

Existentialism was purely reactionary, and mistook its culturally specific insights for perennial truths about mankind's condition. In a generation that isn't bogged down by what it was rebelling against, it has little left to say to us.

The Stranger does the job in a different way. The Metamorphosis is also a decent one. I hesitate to type this but The Fountainhead also features a main character with whom you may be able to relate.

How is questioning one's reason for living not a perennial issue?

Just read The Book Of Disquiet and then shut the fuck up forever