When you cooke pasta should it be a vigourous boil, medium boil, or slow boil?

when you cooke pasta should it be a vigourous boil, medium boil, or slow boil?

Or all out max boil to the point the water almost spits at you?

Highest heat

I've always put the dried or fresh pasta into vigorously boiling water, with a bit of canola oil and salt. Cooked and stirred until al dente, then drained and tossed in a bit of oil, covered, then served. My work place does the same thing, but cools the pasta in an ice bath to 40F, then portioned and held at 40F for later orders to be reheated in a bain-marie.

What would happen if I boiled pasta in oil like fries?

Raw pasta? It would probably burn the wheat/gluten, making it turn to a darker shade of brown. It would not absorb much oil, those not expanding. The pasta may become a bit more flexible and soft, but only as long as it is in the hot oil.

Fresh pasta would become dried and thin, and like the above example, likely burn.

this, just make sure to put paper towels around the base of t he pot to catch the foam that comes out

Please don't do this. This is how you make a kitchen fire. If your pasta pot is boiling over, consider adding some salt and oil if you haven't added any, and turn the heat down a little bit. Most importantly, stir your pot. This will break down the bubbles to reduce the amount of foam.

someone asked a question, and someone answered it properly.... no shitposting, no trolling, why are we still here then?

We are here to cook, and eat, and to discuss everything that it relates to.

>Responding sincerely to a joke
>Don't even have a correct answer

Nigga you really dumb

I don't want an user to burn their house down because they read about leaving paper towel next to a heat source. That does not invalidate my intelligence.

What is the correct answer, by the way? Those actions are what I do to reduce foam.

If you do what he suggested you deserve it

The correct answer is a wooden spoon, oil is also an old wifes tale meme

just put a wood utensil across the pot and it won't happen

What about cooked pasta?

As in al dente pasta? Same as fresh.

TO THE MAX

I doesn't matter.

*it doesn't matter, I meant to say

>boil in oil

high heat, with enough salt to make the water salty, and a splash of olive oil

you should have the water salted before the pasta is in...

Just stir the pot. Additionally the foam that is coming out of the pot means you have too much water in the pot. You can cook pasta using an absorption method if you really want, that's how little water you need. But again, a happy medium is better...

>but cools the pasta in an ice bath to 40F, then portioned and held at 40F for later orders to be reheated in a bain-marie
That doesn't sound that good.

I've worked at three franchises these last 6 years. That's how all of them have done it

Nts: keep not eating pasta at franchise restaurants same as the last 20 years.

I tend to boil my pasta without salt, drain it, then add some olive oil to the pot I was boiling it in then add the pasta back in with the sauce I was already cooking and mix it together.

I think it turns out pretty well.

Please don't do this. You should never add oil to pasta water.

Alternatively, don't let your pasta boil over, and don't put paper near something hotter than the flashpoint of paper.

>doing everything wrong
>bragging about it

Brrring waterrr to a rrrroling boil
add salt
add the pasta
let boil for 2 minutes and stirrr to prrrevent sticking
put lid on a turrrn stove off
now wait forrr the indicated cooking time
>P E R R R F E C T I O N

>cools the pasta in an ice bath to 40F, then portioned and held at 40F for later orders to be reheated
Where the fuck do you work where pasta is not made to order?

It doesn't matter. Any heat you apply to the water will not increase its temperature if the water is already boiling. It will only make more vapor.

High as it goes until the water boils
Add the pasta
Turn the heat down a bit. Adjust until is boiling gently
Once the pasta is done to desired softness take off heat and drain
No salt no oil