Is Canadian food actually Canadian or is it just repackaged French?

Is Canadian food actually Canadian or is it just repackaged French?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BeaverTails
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>canadian food that isn't poutine

Okay

Dude shut up

Yes.

yes, pic related, traditional canadian food

Is american food nothing but a bastardisation of other countries recipes? Yes. We're both just wayward colonies.

Full retard.

It exists but it's pretty much the same as bullshit traditional American recipes from the midwest, pretty much everything is either a casserole or a pie, usually with some kind of potatos that's drenched in either gravy or cheez whiz; if anything it's more repackaged English food than French

> full retard

Hopes by saying such he can obliterate 400 years of history. I wish you luck. A number of people have tried before. Guess what? It didn't work.

I don't think there's any poutine in France, it's probably too "vulgar" for them. The name is french but the "dish" is Canadian.

Donairs are from the middle east.

I don't know what you'd classify Timmy's as.

That pretty much covers Canadian cuisine.

We also have a dessert or two
This, and I think those little butter tart things

Donairs, if made well, are GOAT.
I've had some shit donairs though.

forgot pic

Every "Canadian" dish is a poor man's version of something else, with the exception of Poutine.

>montreal steak seasoning
>eskimo pie
>canada dry ginger ale

Ginger Fucking Beef

The gas station slash motel in Beaver Creek, Yukon has really good nanaimo bars at the front counter, in case anybody wants to try one.

>The name is french but the "dish" is Canadian.

The name is Quebec English. As in 'Poot-een de cheese, tabarnak.'

Canacucks are fucking dumb faggots, I hope murrica nukes them next year.

Chines pate

I guess you can call native food Canadian. Bannok, taco in a bag, and Canadian Club.

Most of the fake chinese crap at "chinese" restaurants in american originated in Canada.

that looks like chinese food.

>They figured out food, ALL food, centuries ago and its all perfect and nothing can be done to make any of it better

You are so dumb

t. Ping Ling from Vancouver

trold

lol came in to say this

NEWFIE JIGGS DINNER

All Canadian food is actually Portuguese.

according to Being Canadian (a documentary) the only thing canada can claim as it's cuisine is maple syrup. apparently even poutine isn't canadian

>Canadian food

There is no such thing, except poutine.

Do beaver tails count? Beaver tails are alright.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BeaverTails

>has an entire section titled "President Obama"

You guys make me sad.

wat does it say

Just last week I saw a small news report on how people might react when Trump does his obligatory visit to the Canada (for those who don't know, it's unwritten tradition that the first foreign dignitary every US president meets is the Canadian PM) and they somehow still manage to shoehorn in a discussion about how Obama bought a beaver tail, and laso some shitty maple cookies at a pastry shop in Ottawa, and how ever since, that place sells ''Obama cookies''.

And I knew what they were talking about, because this Obamacookie shit had gotten national attention last time Obama visited too, as well as the time the whole thing happened. Canada's really pathetic sometimes. Food and cultural identity make up the most of them.

>Canada's really pathetic sometimes.
>sometimes
Trust me, we're basically always pathetic. Half of our culture is just being passive aggressive holier than thou dicks who look down at Americans for no real reason. Everything up here has been nonstop crying over Trump (which gets my dick rock hard since I love the salt). If Hillary had won the election, I genuinely think that we'd have ended up having some national womens ceremony or at least a limited edition stamp here to commemorate it.

I'm dead serious with that. It might sound insane but that's exactly why it sounds reasonably possible here.

You're the depressing guy in the kitchen at parties that other Canadians learn to avoid

Nanaimo bars are nice

I prefer restaurant food in Canada to the states because it tends to be a lot less salty and oily

not if he keeps it quiet

i support trump and hate other liberals (despite being fairly liberal myself) but i keep my mouth shut and just shitpost on /pol/ instead like a normal disgruntled leaf

WHAT ABOUT NEWFIE JIGGS DINNER, B'Y?

>national dish is bread
>too vulgar

poutine is fucking based you mongoloid

>but le french are arrogant and picky

we eat literal moisture

>repackaged French

If you mean Quebec French, most of their shit (smoked meat, bagels, etc) is swiped from Jewish immigrants anyway

>Country full of pretendy French people
>National dish is fries, cheese and gravy

How?