Daily reminder that Veeky Forums is a Mexican board

Here's a serious question. How do you make mexican food as good as real mexicans? I'm not Mexican and I have to know. Not talking about calimex or tex mex, but ACTUAL bonafide Mexican food.

Rick Bayless recipes are as good as anything out there. If you made half of his, it won't be enough.

Talk to an actual Mexican person, it's like a weird secret among them

Thing is, Rick Bayless isn't as half as talented as the up and coming young chefs in Mexico.

use bay leaf, onions, cilantro, tomatoes and any kind of chili, liberally
also lard

more lard.

Okay, bud.

Learn a bit of Spanish and look up recipes written in Spanish, they're gonna be more authentic

Also, try to find out if the recipe you're making is authentic, the south of Mexico sometimes has different versions of northern foods which might taste very differently, sometimes the south has better variations, it all depends on your preferences, but I personally prefer the food from the north

NOSOTROS ERAMOS TLATAONIS Y MIERDE

Don't use any spices ever
Use plain gross tomatoes
Use plain gross beans

make tortilla's out of masa and eat the with frijoles negroes, tomatillo and cilantro.

This is bait

White guy claims a oakie cooks tradition mexican food as good as actual mexicans ... Hipsters get riled up claiming whatever they tried in a few spots was so much better

Fuck all sides of this shitpost, mexican food is likely not even for you just keep your trap shut, enjoy what you enjoy and share that with those you love, that doesnt include fagwads on imageboards

This and dried chilies and variety of herbs & spices. Find a Mexican market. Make friends. & they're about 10x cheaper than the big box grocers

Build that wall!

He travels throughout mexico and provides recipes based on his interaction with local amateurs and chefs of the varied regions adapted for the home cook. He uses the local ingredients but recognizes some might be hard to find for an american even with access to a spicmarket, and recommends substitutions.

The next best option, albeit more difficult by an order of magnitude of say, 1000000, would be to learn spic fluently and travel to spicland.

So no, shitskin, my post was not bait.

What kind of Mexican food you trying to make? Food in the north is much different than in the south.

Mexican here
AMA
Eating some calabaza rellena atm

you can start with your recipe, thanks

> as good as real mexicans
Real mexican food is gross watery lime-soaked tortillas and beans
Texmex is the only good mexican food

What's wrong with Cali Mex or Tex Mex? Those were created by Mexicans, dude. When I go to my local Del Taco for lunch, 90% of the employees there are Mexicans and so are the customers.

Because honestly, authentic mexican is leaps and bounds better