What are some Veeky Forums memes I should be wary of? I don't want to fall for any memes

What are some Veeky Forums memes I should be wary of? I don't want to fall for any memes

Other urls found in this thread:

gawker.com/poll-five-percent-of-americans-would-vote-harambe-the-1784603044
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gravity's Rainbow
Infinite Jest
The Unbearable Lightness of Being
Book of Disquiet
Stoner

I'm not a meme, OP.

You can trust me.

I enjoyed every single one of those, some even before I knew they were memes

gawker.com/poll-five-percent-of-americans-would-vote-harambe-the-1784603044

>pleb detected

Are you a 20 year old white male from a upper-middle class background by any chance?

We've already had one ape in the white house, what's the issue with voting for another one?

White Literature (which was stolen from the Africans anyway, but the white cavemen only managed to understand the basics, and thus mangled the narratives).

The only thing you should be wary of here is people who call certain books "a meme", like this fagtron over here .

Did you enjoy some nice 'za while writing this post up?

>acting like the Africans didn't steal it from the Chinese
不然

brain dead liberal detected

This.
White cis men should not be read any longer. All their narratives were stolen from POC's.

Talking about stuff like this. Are these books genuinely good or am I missing some ironic inside joke? I am from a third world country and not white, so I don't know if I would enjoy any of these books.

lurk moar

David Foster Wallace and James Joyce are legitimately, unironically good authors, if nothing else they use language really well, even if you don't like their messages.

You're half right, anyway

>being this triggered

kek, hitting a nerve

Sophomores all of you, yes?

>'I enjoy the patrician writings of such great authors as David Foster Wallace and Thomas Pynchon. I'm quite into postmodernism, you see'

pic related, it's basically you

But I need to read while I'm lurking, and if I read, I read Veeky Forums's recommendations, and if I'm going to read Veeky Forums's recommendations, I need to ensure that I'm not falling for any memes, for if I fall for a meme, I am a laughingstock.

THEY STOLE UR HISTORY
DONT SUBMIT TO THE WHITE DEVIL ANYMORE
LEARN YOUR OWN HISTORY
GET WOKE

If you're from a third world country then the epic postmodern irony, lamenting 'banality', endless metafictional self-awareness, and innumerable popular culture referencing works of DFW and Pinecone will -- as a result of their universality -- resonate to your core.

Do you write OP?

The most popular meme is patrician vs plebeian. You shouldn't listen to user when they claim books are either of those, ask for reasons.

>Start with the Greeks.

>Kundera, Murakami, Pamuk are worthless shit.

>A necessity to identify anything remotely descriptive that uses similes as obnoxious purple prose.

Memes that a lot of Anons believe deep in their user hearts.

>being this buttblasted

Don't you have to shitpost somewhere else today?

leave

Memes necessarily bad. Memes are just repeated ad infinitum.

memes aren't* I need to fire my editor.

Reminder that 'start with the Greeks' is not a Veeky Forums born meme.

Harambe

I've read all these save Kundera, and I don't understand what Veeky Forums's problem is. They're all great books.

Is it not? Where did it start?

The Romans

Everyone starts with the Greeks since, well, the Greeks.

American Literature

David foster wallace is not a meme.
For some reason people around here like to treat his works like a joke, as if we only put them on people to make them suffer.
Well that's bullshit and i'm here to tell you he is a genius writer that must be read.
I would post an excerpt that is my favorite but there are too many.
Sincerity with a capital s is the key in his writings, he is known as someone who enagages with themes liek technology consumerism entertainment addiction and depression but the dichotomy between sincerity (honesty) and iorny is key.
Again and again you will here the wretches of Veeky Forums tell you he is a meme but this is because they cannot look sincerity in the eye, they are afriad of the old guard...
Millenials, raised on burger king ads and cartoons like south park, sincerity terrifies them
Everything you have heard asbout dfw is false he is entirely worht reading, that's the meme to avoid
Memes, even, the calling of a writer a meme is a key sign of irony...
Enjoy dfw, you owe it to yourself, you owe it to others, whose lives you will impact, and you owe it to dave ... i swear he is not a meme... infinite jest saved me from the anals of ironic detatchment, and it can save you too

POE'S LAW
O
E
'
S

L
A
W

no u

Stoner is a meme?

Scott Bakker
Don't fall for it.