Redpill me on the "aquatic ape" theory. Any validity?

Redpill me on the "aquatic ape" theory. Any validity?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UERWk4fXfWY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Evolutionary "just-so" stories are generally unfalsifiable and unverifiable.

Pretty sure fat stored by humans is very different from blubber

Um, no. We evolved from tree dwelling apes to apes that stood upright due to climate changes in East Africa when the trees were replaced by savannas.

We are upright walking apes which has nothing at all to do with swimming.

I don't think we lived on the savannas. I think that criticism is valid. However I don't think we were that aquatic. Even the genetic evidence points to us evolving on eastern african coastal areas. Humans simply don't have the adaptations needed to live on the savanna. Our water economy is too high; we need a lot, and we lose to much through our urine, breathe and sweat.

absolutely nothing in archaeological records or our biology suggests that we were ever aquatic at any point since our ancestors evolved from amphibians to basal synapsids

Idiotic, we do not drink seawater

if you live in the desert your body will conserve water
source: i lived in the desert

>science

you could also watch that documentary about those motherfuckers who live in the hottest desert on earth
their piss has much lower water content and in general their bodies are much more suited to living in the desert
or you could believe in some aquatic ape hypothesis that justifies your retarded opinion that fat women are somehow healthy despite all the scientific evidence supporting the opposite conclusion

Not him but people adapt. Same thing happens if you move from low to high altitude.

Genetically, humans were bottlenecked to small coastal areas in Africa which probably led to us fishing a lot and spending a lot of time near water. Humans are really adaptable and we succeeded even in shitty circumstance.

Was fishing helpful for brain development?

Based off of nothing other than some feminists feelings

How come michael phelps isn't fat then?

Cause he is a sexist, classist, albelist, racist, cis-white male. He should be banned from the pool.

I have no idea.

As for the picture, there are people in Ocenia (forgot which country exactly) that adapted a fishing and diving lifestyle, and they aren't fat whatsoever.

blubber is energy storage for long trips in water without food. that doesn't describe humans at all.

>it unironicallly mentions mentions dehydration as a reason for humans living in fucking salt water

good one mate

as we all know salt water is great against dehydration

I just watched:

youtube.com/watch?v=UERWk4fXfWY

It seems interesting to say the least, but I have no pertinent education to judge whether it is valid or not.

Woah, CHEERS for the insight friend.

How about the fact that our fingers and feet skin wrinkle when exposed to water for some time, greatly increasing adhesion but decreasing sensation, wich is very helpful for slippery surfaces like rocks in water.
And btw it's the nerves that do this shit not the skin, people with paralysed hand or fingers don't have the wrinkling skin.

It's not about intake, it's about excretion: sweat, lost moisture from breath, lost moisture from dry enviroment. It's not idiotic at all, you are an idiot here for failing to see anything beyond the most obvious.

>"evolved"

You still need a lot of "tools" to survive in desert environment. You need special clothes that will decrese perspiration and will provide temperature regulation, you need artificial ways of storing water, you need artificial ways of preserving food. It's obvious that it is not our origin habitat, our intelligence allows us to survive there but our bodies didn't evolved to flourish there.

But ur bodies are very well designed to surive and be very well in coastal enviroments, without use of any complex survival techniques.

>believing in anything but the endurance running hypothesis

>"protestants"

>absolutely nothing in archaeological records or our biology suggests that we were ever aquatic at any point
First of all, by "aquatic" they mean "coastal", and humans have a pretty strong preference for coastal living.

There's lots of stuff in our biology that *suggests* significant parts of our evolution happened due to the demands of living on beaches, just not a lot of solid proof.

Back off, this is my board.

>aquatic
I think you meant upright, m8.

>redpill me