For those of you who are in relationships... Does you partner study or have a career in STEM? If not...

For those of you who are in relationships... Does you partner study or have a career in STEM? If not, what do they think about your field of study or career?
>in b4 REEEEEE

I'm doing PhD in EEE. My gf is doing PhD in industrial design. She thinks I'm a retard who can't comprehend anything about real life.

>PhD in industrial design
Why the fuck would you do a fucking PhD in it and not just work?

Im doing a masters in astrophysics and shes doing biology. Asks me to look at a graph and part of me dies each time.

my gf is not a scientist, and I think she thinks my field is cool, but realizes she has no metrics by which to evaluate my work specifically, so we don't really talk about it

I've got a BS in environmental engineering. My wife was an art major. She likes it when I 'talk nerdy' to her.

i have a phd in theoretical astrophysics from a top university, and my gf is a psychology major. she thinks psychology can become revolutionary

>be me
>doing a double major in Mathematics and Information Security
>gf studies journalism and is doing a research on the patriarchy

>give her tips to secure her comms when talking to sources

"Mmmmmmmm thats only for important agency people"

>talk about mathematical proofs and interesting things
"Geee user, math is boring"

>she proceeds to talk about gender issues
>I point out that its all a myth and show her proof
"Although I cannot understand your graph and proof. I can say that gender issues are real"
>she proceeds to provide '''''evidence''' of people she interviewed
>she only interviewed women majoring on "Gender Studies"

This is real guys, I love her a lot. But I cant even have a conversation of real things. All she is interested in is dates, movies, fashion, SJW things, etc.

I did history BA. Ex had a Physics Masters

Never understood anything she said when talking about her course. Nodded along until she got board of bouncing thoughts off me and we'd go drink

Me and my girlfriend both study pharmaceutical chemistry.

No. She's a elementary school teacher. She's real artsy too. Whenever she asks what I did today she just says "Wow user! You're so much smarter than me!" and gives me a kiss.

877 cash NOW.. 877 cash now... Call J...G...Went..worth...877 cash nowwww

Boyfriend is in school to become a machinist. I'm doing biological anthropology.

He finds it dank

I study higher category theory, she studies evolutionary biology. We trip on LSD and talk about philosophy a lot, and how our fields are related. She actually enjoys learning about the topics I show her, and she quickly comes up with ways in which they apply to her field.

Partner does not have a career in STEM. Mostly, she sees my studying as competition for my attention and throws a tantrum when I work on something for more than an hour or so without stopping to listen to her talk about her friends' Facebook posts.

Relationship probably won't survive my graduation desu.

here

One other thought: our relationship is fucked for a whole bunch of reasons, but the absolute worst one is that she has no interest in anything I'm studying, whatsoever (and actually gets upset when I try to talk about it with her). So advice to young STEMfags looking for love: shared interests is an absolute necessity.

It's your money, use it when you need it.

>I love her a lot.
why though

She's a biology/comp sci major. I'm an engineer. Everything is ok.

she's ph.d. in computer arithmetic (to get things ez). We met during my ph.D.

We're both in stem.

The only reason we function as a couple is because we're both massive autismos who couldn't pull anyone else.

You've got chemistry, user. That's not a function; that's a formula.

Why?

Study math and geophysics.
Girlfriend is a barista.
She doesn't enjoy how much attention my workload gets. Isn't very interested in my rock talk either.

Math and geophysics is absolutely based, user.

I'm currently completing my PhD in Atmospheric Science and my gf is still an undergrad planning on getting a PhD in something anthropology related. I guess we have statistics in common but that's about it.

Were those last two sentences supposed to be double entendres?

But is the pussy good?

That's girl code for "I'm amazed by you and love you"

I'm studying Comp. Eng and Mathematics and my GF is doing a degree in clinical Physc. She thinks my degree's are valuable but she hates the STEM culture at my school, many of us have chips on our shoulder and love debating literally everything which annoys her. Overall we both respect each others studies though. I sometimes view some of her colleagues as sheltered SJW twats, but shes not one of them so I'm just happy for that,