Hey Veeky Forums, I tried reading Wuthering Heights, but couldn't finish it. I reached ~page 130...

Hey Veeky Forums, I tried reading Wuthering Heights, but couldn't finish it. I reached ~page 130, but found it just got boring. So, should I continue?

Other urls found in this thread:

counter-currents.com/2011/03/on-wuthering-heights/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OP here, should probably say that I finished about a quarter of it rather than how many pages I read.

Read this first so you realise why it's so important: counter-currents.com/2011/03/on-wuthering-heights/

If you don't understand why Wuthering Heights is good, then there isn't really much hope for you, user.

The characters are some of the best literature has to offer; and with masterful prose, finding the book boring is extremely plebeian.

Don't bother, the song is better.

I unfortunately only reached the point in which Cathy went to the Linton's, so I suppose I really couldn't get a firm grasp on the book's characters. Perhaps I didn't give it much of a chance. In all honesty, I wanted to continue, but I had to return it to the Library; maybe I should check it out and finish it.

I too love Kate Bush

This

The themes and tropes are brilliant and the characters are as original as they come. I don't think anyone can deny it's uniqueness among Victorian fiction. Finishing it was extremely satisfying. It's a shame it was E.Bronte's only novel.

I suggest you give up literature. I don't mean to be mean, but if you can't appreciate what is generally considered one of the greatest works of literature in the English language then maybe reading isn't for you.

That, in all honesty, is more than enough time to get a firm grasp on the book's characters.

I would highly suggest that you buy a copy of the book and start over from the beginning. Not doing so would be a huge disservice to yourself; if you really care about literature, that is.

>he doesn't rank Wuthering Heights

I shall, thank you dearest sir or madam.

I named my fat orange cat after Heathcliff. He's a bro. Pic related.

OP here, you have convinced me to give the book a second chance. I shall read it once more as soon as I finish th book which I am currently reading.

>reading women

numale cuck

Your clairvoyance is stunning.

Real OP here. I'm not convinced yet. Idk who that other guy is.

HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS

Then you obviously have no respect for any work of literature in any language due to the sole fact that you were displeased with one novel.

Read it and like it or you will be executed by a barrage of bullets

I'm OP not whoever that was.