How does a "george foreman" or "health" grill differ from a regular grill?

How does a "george foreman" or "health" grill differ from a regular grill?

And by that I mean putting your cooker on the grill setting.

The USP of the health food grills is that the fat drips away, but that occurs in normal grilling too.

Normal grills use a heating element to cook food via radiated heat, "george foreman" grills use a heated plate. Does this make a difference to the food.

"call me george foreman cuz im sellin errybody grillz"

george foreman grills are great
things cook twice as fast since it cooks from both sides at once
you don't have to close them if you don't want to
the fat dripping away is very noticeable when compared to cooking something in a frying pan or a flat top
it can also be used as a sandwich press

>The magical negro made the grill marks change direction.

I don't know about health benefits but I have the first edition and it actually works pretty well. It cooks super fast and evenly. I've used it for sandwiches, quesadillas, and chicken breasts. Only downside is that it sucks to clean, but I think the newer models have removable heating plates that you can throw in the dishwasher.

>the fat dripping away is very noticeable when compared to cooking something in a frying pan or a flat top

Yeah but I'm talking about one of these.

No when you cook something on a normal grill the fat lays there around it on the foreman the little grooves let it run down into the collection bin

They clean pretty easy if you just use paper towel when its still hot

This is a normal grill, not a flat top

>touch grill while still hot
>with thin paper

Smart very smart

>things cook twice as fast since it cooks from both sides at once

While it does have a speed advantage from cooking on both sides, it also has a serious power DISADVANAGE because it's a plug-in appliance.

In the end it's slower than using an actual grill or the broiler in your oven because the power output is so much lower despite "both sides" being hot.

Only the paper will burn, dummy.

I mean I guess if you prefer that then use that some really prefer the foreman grills though

>paper is now such a good insulator that it will completely stop you from getting burnt

Wait a minute the grill marks are going the wrong way

Hey, he's right!

Whoever did the wax work should be fired

I never got these. If you want to get rid of the fat just degrease it in a paper towel. Otherwise burning fat actually give meat a very nice aroma.

Use more than one sheet dummy

the fat reduction is just a marketing meme, it's a pretty solid appliance

I don't know about that
I feel like it makes my hambubgas faster

here's what I do, I put the bub in the pan next to the bacon, when the bacon is done I flip the bugga and fry an egg in the bacon grease. when egg is finished the bug is done too

I shall simultaneously put a bubber on the george and at the end see which one is more cooked

I use a George Foreman grill to cook either marinated boneless chicken or burgers every day for dinner. Every time I clean it I leave the grill plugged in and wipe it down with a paper towel while it's hot. It works surprisingly well and I've yet to burn myself.

How did you not know this

>simultaneously put a bubber on the george

My sides

guys, I think I Fucked up

>tfw went for this image before even reading the filename

Is it true the George Foreman grill was originally going to be called the Hulk Hogan Grill?

the way it went down is the company had two products, a grill and a blender
they wanted hulk hogans endorsement on one of the products and he chose the blender, so george got the grill

you can see how that worked out for them