How does it feel to live during the only time in human history when being a straight white male is a hindrance to one's...

How does it feel to live during the only time in human history when being a straight white male is a hindrance to one's literary ambitions?

>tfw minority writer
I can smell the awards already.

Other urls found in this thread:

theamericanconservative.com/pdf/The Myth of American Meritocracy-Unz.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's not though. Read Delillo and be glad that plebs don't care about literature anymore.

Doesn't much seem like a hindrance judging by the contemporary authors people on here read. They're almost exclusively white men.

Is this happening in countries outside of the US?

being read by Veeky Forums != being a success

Four you.

It's not happening anywhere outside of the twitter-universe.

Unfortunately, Veeky Forums posters cannot resist giving them attention.

heh, you should try the redpill for once and see how bad the situation really is

being a success != making a ton of money writing garbage for adult-children

no one talks like that

>a hindrance
oyyyyyy i'm laffin

Only a hhhwhite male would know it's actually "an" hindrance.

still don't get it

>200000BC-2015AD

RIP straight white men writers, we had a good run

>It's not happening anywhere outside of the twitter-universe.

How can you say that with a straight face? Hillary Clinton, probably the next President, literally talks about "white privilege." And that's just scratching the surface of mainstream acceptance.

If you are a white male in today's America you are basically a dhimmi.

Is the anti-straight male thing a meme? I have a middle aged coworker who goes on rants about it but, imo, it's a completely made up thing manufactured by the media just to enrage white men to make them tune in for advertisements.

Does the fact that my coworker would be completely oblivious to this "issue" without access to the media make it less valid?

I went to a HYP for undergrad, and a HYS for grad school. In both cases straight white men were the majority. Make of that what you will.

>people say white people are privileged
>this means that white people are disadvantaged

>muh identity politics

Kill you'are'selve.

If you're born a rich black/white/male/female/homosexual/straight person you have privilege.

If you're born a poor black/white/male/female/homosexual/straight you don't

Just make up a name if you think it's so important (it isn't).

"White privilege" is anti white male rhetoric, plain and simple. White males are constantly attacked and demonized by the media, by politicians, and by ordinary people. Even most white males have been taught to hate themselves. If you are a white male you are automatically disadvantaged when applying for college or any job.

Hillary Clinton doesn't talk about "rich" privilege, she talks about white male privilege. It's an attack on white males not the rich.

>Hillary Clinton doesn't talk about "rich" privilege, she talks about white male privilege. It's an attack on white males not the rich.

Yeah, she's as stupid as you for buying into this identity politics shit.

You said:
>If you are a white male in today's America you are basically a dhimmi

If it isn't class-based analysis, then it's faggotry.

So kill you are selve

I'm describing the reality of anti white male activity and rhetoric not the reality of who may or not actually have "privilege." The reality is people are attacking and demonizing white males.

>"white" existed as a category before at the earliest 1600

sure

>muh rhetoric and microaggressions

Go back to tumblr/pol

"White" as a category is literally an American plantation-owner invention.

People have always formed caste systems based on skin colour. Arabs and Persians in the first millennium wrote about how dark-skinned Africans from the south were subhumans or animals.

>If you're born a rich black/white/male/female/homosexual/straight person you have privilege.
>If you're born a poor black/white/male/female/homosexual/straight you don't
Empircally wrong.

As a Black Male.

Dunno & don't care. Just work hard and you'll get places.

Not an argument

You don't actually seem to be responding to my posts but rather to some parallel discussion going on in your head.

>If you are a white male you are automatically disadvantaged when applying for college or any job.
As shown by all those studies with fake names on job applications when immigrants suddenly do better.

Meanwhile in the real world...

As much of an argument as your post.

Really makes you think

You are the inverse of the identity politics cunts on tumblr. You think of struggle in terms of some intangible nebulous 'identity' rather than material reality.

>>>/tumblr/

> You think of struggle in terms of some intangible nebulous 'identity' rather than material reality.

I think of struggle in terms of what is PRESENTLY OCCURRING IN THE REAL WORLD. Rich people may be the ones with real privilege (although class-based analysis is so discredited at this point I'm amazed you bring it up) but the actual crusade is against white males.

>mfw people think only white men should be killed

Would you rather be born a black person, a woman, a white man, or a fucking Indian in the US?

Like that study where they compared blacks with names like "Laqueesha" and "DeJarius" to whites with names like Bob and Sue? Hmmm, I wonder if the authors of that study had an agenda???

If two people who are the same in every way except for race/gender apply for the same job the minority/female will get it over the white male.

forgot pic

I know, that is my point

I'm not saying racism and xenophobia are new. I'm saying that particular group definitions rarely last more than a few hundred years. Even in certain neighborhoods in eastern US industrial cities, where I'm from, you'll be treated differently and called antique slurs if you belong to the wrong 'white' ethnic group. You can seriously get jumped for being a paddy or a dago or a pollock. There have been times when the irish allied with the blacks because they had a common enemy in the italians.

There's this delusion /pol/ has that if you deny white as a legitemate racial category youre somehow against europeans. And theres this delusion among tumblr that even though theyre so sure race is a social construct somehow white is a very real category and it's inherently evil. Yall are both completely wrong and all you need to do is read more what people wrote about race before like 1960, not because it's accurate but because you see the divide between their perception and ours, and how fleeting our parameters for race are.

it would be nice if you could prove how there is a crusade against the white man

>inb4 muh rhetoric

tumblrina detected

[citation needed]

Muh bootstraps

THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES IS LITERALLY DENOUNCING WHITE MALE PRIVILEGE

This is on par with being asked to "prove there is a crusade against the Saracens" after Urban II speaks at Clermont.

Muh laziness and entitlement

>muh 'entitlement'

A white man because I recognize that they are inherently superior. Nevertheless in the present-day US white males are an oppressed dhimmi class.

>If it isn't class-based analysis, then it's faggotry.

>materialism
>in a world of emergent nationalism where identity obviously trumps wealth

top kek stupid liberal

>being against white male privilege is a crusade against white men

What do you mean by this?

Kek because somehow fighting for collective rights is lazier and more entitled than trying to exploit the status quo to my personal benefit

im not asking for welfare im asking for steady a job i can live off of and cant be arbitrarily fired from

>liberal
?????????????

No, the mere concept of "white male privilege" is a crusade against white men, which manifests itself in the vitriol heaped upon them by the mainstream media and even the average citizens of the nation.

>they are inherently superior
asian kek

There is no "emergent nationalism," globalist progressives are quite obviously winning as they have been for the last several hundred years. The mere fact that the massive barbarian migrations into Europe have not been met with armed opposition proves that nationalism is so dead even its corpse has been gnawed clean.

>average citizen
>white male

Then go get a job, what's the problem?

Anything but a white man. I'd have a lot less student debt. I'd probably reroll a handsome black man, bitches seem to love a french speaking black dude.

Can you name even one important Asian mathematician? How about 10? How about one who lived prior to the 20th century?

>the mere concept of "white male privilege" is a crusade against white men
Wrong.

Not wrong.

>important mathematician
>important

Wrong.

Okay. But like what tangible effects does this actually have on you?

White dudes still seem to be running the show. And in the lower ranks, like a college classroom, we're still very well represented. Not once have I walked into a lecture hall in my very lefty-friendly Canadian university and thought "not enough white dudes here".

Still represented, still given the benefit of a doubt where other people might not. Not once while applying to grad schools did I think race/gender quotas were fucking me over. Or for job interviews.

He's going to cite media reports which are nothing more than manufactured BS bait for clicks

Seriously lol. If you can't get a job it is rarely someone else's fault. If there are no jobs available, that's either a changing local economy, a disaster or a failure in governance. Not Sandeep, Jamal or Julia's fault.

Lol yup. inb4 Breitbart

>White dudes
>dudes

Only self-hating leftists speak use the term "white dudes," it's obviously derogatory.

>White dudes still seem to be running the show.

So Jews and Chinese are the wealthiest ethnic groups but somehow white men are "running the show"? Mass migration with the explicit goal of making Canada "multicultural" and displacing the white population continues at a frantic pace but somehow white men are "running the show"? Courts called "Human Rights Commissions" with a 98% conviction rate (i.e. show trials) prosecute white men and only white men for "hate speech" while giving everyone else free rein to bash whites any way they want? The only white men with any amount of power are a small group of self-hating globalists who assist in the attacks on their own people.

>And in the lower ranks, like a college classroom, we're still very well represented

Women are now the majority of college graduates and have been for some time. Because of affirmative action that fucks equally qualified males out of university places.

>Not once while applying to grad schools did I think race/gender quotas were fucking me over. Or for job interviews.

Because you're oblivious. Just because you notice something doesn't mean it's not happening.

samefag

I'm pretty Canada became multicultural when white people showed up.

That's impossible because Canada was founded by white people.

Lots of anecdotal evidence, my friend. Also I only got one (You) for that samefag.

As for my acecdotal evidence, I am in a grad program in a very black city, but the composition is like 80% white with equal men/women.

yeah but that's because blacks are inherently inferior to whites.

You are fucking stupid go read that comment thread again I wasnt railing against immigrants you illiterate retard

None of this:

>So Jews and Chinese are the wealthiest ethnic groups but somehow white men are "running the show"? Mass migration with the explicit goal of making Canada "multicultural" and displacing the white population continues at a frantic pace but somehow white men are "running the show"? Courts called "Human Rights Commissions" with a 98%

is anecdotal evidence. It's a matter of public record.

And white men are inherently inferior to jews chinese and women. What's the problem?

no, white people creasted western civilization, i.e. the best and most developed part of the world.

are you really this stupid??

>western civilization
Literally based on jew worship.

take the redpill already, you self-hating numale cuck

Convincing counterargument.

ha. black male here, I was just about to post this.
no it's not a thing. there are immeasurable factors that guide a person's narrative, race becomes negligible in the vast majority of situations.
>Make of that what you will.
they're the highest demographic in our population by such a wide margin as to outnumber all minority races combined what the fuck do you think

fact

any innate trait you bring to the table, race, sex, religion, etc. doesnt mean a damn in the real world. If you want to do something there are not magical race-obstacles keeping you from doing it, in fact you have a better shot academically if you're a minority. "oppression" nowadays has more to do with your feelings and less to do with your capabilities.

go back to tumblr or twitter or whatever other circus you crawled out of.

>developed
Spooky.

>they're the highest demographic in our population
Men are a minority you genius.

"White" was the distinction there

>no, white people creasted western civilization, i.e. the best and most developed part of the world.

>I never picked up a history book
Without Blacks and Chinese in particular Western society wouldn't even be a thing

>In both cases straight white men were the majority.

It was one of them along with "straight" and "men".

>Without Blacks and Chinese in particular Western society wouldn't even be a thing

I'm pretty sure you're the one who has never picked up a history book.

It's actually a hindrance mang... If the noun starts with a consonant it's a, if it starts with a vowel it's an.

lol you probably think I'm being particular to America too

>white men

According to official statistics those would have been Jewish men, because white men are only 20% of the Ivy League student population (white privilege at work!)

Anything China has ever contributed is minimal even in comparison to other ancient Eastern civilizations.

white privilege only applies to men?

Sorry, I wrote "white men are 20%" but the actual figure is whites, period, are only 20%.

Ron Unz also basically proved that Jews are not performing particularly well academically in high schools (compared to whites and Asians) and thus must be getting their insanely high number of Ivy League places via nepotism and/or privilege, but you never hear people talking about Jewish privilege.

>Unz Unz Unz Unz

We saw what happened last time people talked about 'Jewish privilege' :^)

I'm just triggering you, calm down

There is no way this is true. My school was like 65% white.

theamericanconservative.com/pdf/The Myth of American Meritocracy-Unz.pdf