QTDDTOT - Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

In "Brave new world" by Aldous Huxley:
The savage really killed Lennina?
Bernad was a cuck?

>cuck

go away

0/10 shitpost but good thread

Anyone know where I can get Maude's work on Dosto and Tolstoy online for free in pdf, MOBI, or ePub? Also i have P&V and Garnetts copies of most of either their important works, who's should i read if i can't get Maude's

lmao you buttmad cuck?
Got the Sanders donation refunds yet?
Crushing white-hetero-patriarchy by letting you girlfriend sleep around user?

"The Eternal Husband" by Fyodor Dostoyevsky: Pavel Pavlovich was in love with Velchaninov?

What are the most accesible russian books?

What do I read to regain my motivation? Currently I could probably lay down and die if it weren't so painful to starve.

they aren't really difficult. start with pushkin's short stories

whoa, we never have one of these threads. i'll give it a try.

yes?

A Hero of Our Time - Lemontov

stop jerking off, wake up early, make a routine and stick to it. you're gonna die someday user. time to get some shit done.

But I don't mind dying nor do I care for achievements. I'm mostly asking for help because there's nothing else to do. I guess what I'm asking for is a read that'll fix my reasoning, help me fear my mortality or some such.

Can I go through an entire life (70+ years) being a virgin? Or will I go insane first?

What is the best translation of And Then by Natsume Soseki? Also, what is the best translation of The Gate?

Ask that to Newton

Seneca - On the Shortness of Life

>What is the best translation of And Then by Natsume Soseki?

You literally have only one option, so it's a pointless question.

The Gate has only been translated twice too, so just read excerpts of them yourself and decide.

> QTDDTOT
Why not just call it the "/sqt/" (Stupid Question Thread), like on /g/?

The SQT is an established institution. "Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread" is more precise, though, and doesn't carry the stigma of ignorance that coms with the word "stupid".

I dont think so. Not in romantic sense, anyway.

>No answer to this question yet on this board full of Dostoboo fuccbois

Kys everyone

HELP HELP! me find a shorty story that was posted here by some user.

It was by some female writer (failry well known..i want to say Sylvia Plath but i can't be sure). It was about a teenage pubescent girl who's alone at home and an older guy in his 30s or so comes to her house and teases her and asks her out on a date or something. She locks herself up and thinks of calling the cops but is too scared. She keeps wondering what to do as the guy keeps coming in closer and closer to the door. She keeps talking to the guy and his strange friend who's sitting in a strange old car. It is just before sunset time and the guy is pretty adamant. She gets scared, picks up the phone etc....something something....i'm avoiding the spoilers about the ending.

It was posted in a thread about how to understand women. I didn't save it. It was beautiful.

>"Dosto"
>Maude

Come on mate..

It's not Plath.

In 'The Last Man' (Thus Spoke Zarathustra), Nietzsche makes a point of critiquing hedonism (contrary to his sort of bohemian 'free love' reputation).

His critique rests upon the fact that the higher man should instead have a 'mission'. What mission does he speak of? What is Zarathustra's mission?

Most of all, what was Nietzsche's mission?

I imagine it would be something to the effect of bringing about the Overman.

Which should I read first? Lolita or Speak, Memory? I want to get the most enjoyment possible out of these books.

What are the recommended translations for the brothers Karamazov and notes from the underground?

>What are the recommended translations for the brothers Karamazov and notes from the underground?

I've learned there's never an agreed-upon translation for the Russian classics.

It seems to be one of the most ambiguous languages to translate.

What's a good, reliable English translation/edition of Don Quixote? I feel it's high-time I read it.

I want to know this too.

You will get zero enjoyment out of Speak, Memory. It's just some cunt Russian finding obsolete words to ramble about butterflies. Nabokov basically obscures his sentences in a cloud of dictionarrhea words and strikes fool's gold maybe once or twice in the entire drag that is Speak, Memory (which he initially wanted to name Speak, Mnemosyne cause he thought he was cool).

I feel it's HIIIGH NOOOON.

Just get the fuck out.

>disliking buzzwords
>must be a liberal

Underneath the original 3 Laws of Robotics, can a robot ask a human to order it to destroy itself?

The third law loophole allows a human to order a robot to self-terminate but does it also violate the rule if the robot, through their own choosing, ask for it?

Read the last 2, throw into the fire the first one :^)

Do you read reviews/critical analyses of works you read? Any specific sites or anything you recommend for particularly good analyses?