Is Borges the most Veeky Forums writer?

Is Borges the most Veeky Forums writer?
>autistic as fuck
>awkward with women
>contrarian as fuck
>all of his work is retarded fanfic meta wank and referencing completely obscure events and characters
>DUDE I'M SMARTER THAN YOU LMAO
>fuck fascism
>fuck communism
>fuck literally everything other than my own little snowflake mindset

kys

You say that like it's a negative thing.

Someone seems to be triggered.

I love Borges.

>referencing completely obscure events and characters
>completely obscure
no
>DUDE I'M SMARTER THAN YOU LMAO
where the fuck ever? no
>fuck fascism
why stop on a roll

why don't you read some borges before you kill yourself

>he thinks that he knows more about Borges than a faggot whose entire work is studying the life of a dead writer

>he thinks the time he's spent misunderstanding Borges matters to anyone but himself

>fanfic
have you read anything my boy JLB wrote?

One of his best works (according to him) is a literal fanfic of Martín Fierro.

>Wasn't progressive nor idealistic enough to be awarded a Nobel prize
>Academic community have purposely and systematically buried his contributions
>In a populist move he declared himself an Anarchist (like every other author and their dog), "acknowledge me Sempai!"

>>he thinks that he knows more about Borges than a faggot whose entire work is studying the life of a dead writer
>he unironically wasted his life

as for the immortal, pierre menard, forking paths etc...

Is OP the most Veeky Forums poster?
>autistic as fuck
>awkward with women
>skims Wikipedia of a famous author
>shitposts only in memes and buzzwords
>mistakes his own retardation for wit

The sad fact is that the most lit writer is joshua ferris.

did you read Bioy Casares' 1600+ page diary about Borges? No, so fuck off

You know what's funny? I can't think of many writers that claim Borges' influence. Gene Wolfe is obviously one, and I think someone said that Pynchon was partly inspired by Borges, but for supposedly one of the greatest writers of the 20th Century he doesn't have a lot of disciples.

ooh mr. pynchon taught me about him
the argentinian anarchist segments were the worst parts of that entire book

Robert E. Howard

That's pretty cool but he's been surpassed by Cortazar in the realm of the short story.

Who wants to read some autistic encyclopedia entry about Berkeley anyway?

Yeah, except that he pretty much defined the next 40 years (and that's conservative) of latin-american literature and is pretty much THE posterboy for magical realism, a movement that became pretty much mainstream after post-colonial literature.

Also, Pynchon wasn't partly inspired, he was blown away by Borges according to a letter to his editor some user posted here once.

Cortazar is one of my favourite writers and an all around better (or more diverse, at least) writer than Borges, but even then, his early prose drips with "notice me borges senpai".

Funny thing is that Borges would agree with you and Cortazar with me on who's the better writer

Calvino

Eco has a bunch of library/labyrinth imagery in Name of the Rose, right down to a monk named Jorge de Burgos

The whole new wave in SF

Did Borges say that Cortázar was good?

>what is JOI's cinematography

I think Howard could have gone on to write some fantastic standalone novels, if he hadn't topped himself. It's a shame his only contribution was turned into pop culture merch

people think all the labyrinths in his story were a metaphor. it was just because he was blind. when you're blind, pretty much everything is a labyrinth.

Cortazar short stories are
>dude life is so boring
>half of the stories are mundane tasks and generic descriptions
>oh yeah, don't forget about the INEXPLICABLE MAGICAL GIANT TIGER THAT LIVES ON MY HOUSE
I think he relied too much on the 'wacky stuff' and not on the important stuff.
Honestly, i can safely say that the writer who carried the real Borges spirit is Sabato.

Yeah, it could be said that Cortazar was Borges' disciple, even if Borges hated having disciples.
He wasn't considered a big part of Borges' social life (unlike Sabato or Bioy Casares), but Jorge helped him to publish his first works.

He wasn't blind when he wrote his labyrinth-core (Ficciones/El Aleph).
The blind fase is more about tigers and daggers.

Yes, there's a book of his on Borges essential reading list or favourite books or something like that, should be easy to find. Sorry but I'm on my phone and can't be arsed

so you've never read Borges?

I always wonder how can people enjoy Borges not being Argentinian/Uruguayan

So much magic is lost with the translations

Pynchon literary wanted to be Borges

>translations
>Argentinian/Uruguayan
What translation-related difference is there to other spanish speakers?
>So much magic is lost with the translations
Like what?
I've read some Borges both in the original and in translation and found that the flavor of a word or two could sometimes be distorted, and that his writing style (themes aside) was clearly recognisable only in spanish, but that very little was different otherwise.

I loved his stories on the immortals and the aleph.

> muh translations

Found the retarded Argie.

Borges is literally Derrida/Deconstruction. So every reading is already a translation.

>>In a populist move he declared himself an Anarchist (like every other author and their dog), "acknowledge me Sempai!"
Oh Borges ...

Borges was blind, too

All you did was lost memes and buzzwords, user. You need to get off the internet for a while because you're soon going to become fucking unintelligible