Do upper class people just not eat carbs, and instead draw their energy from the blood and tears of the peasantry?

Do upper class people just not eat carbs, and instead draw their energy from the blood and tears of the peasantry?

>pheasantry
FTFY

>Do upper class people just not eat carbs
You probably meant to shitpost but actually you are right.

I am British and most familiar with the class system, although I consider myself to be working class, I have mixed with various types and even eaten with nobility!

Within the higher echelons, carbs tend to take a backseat but are introduced during dessert, with rich pastries and puddings.

>!

I don't understand your point?

A silly image and a green text doesn't tell me much . . . .throw me a bone kiddy.

Potentially interesting thread ruined by 'reaction image' kiddies.

the traditional upper class british dinner was soup, several courses of meat and greens, and then a small portion of sweets after the fact, so you are correct.

higher levels of education and more time to devote to personal well being mean that 1-2% of the wealthiest portion of the population are obese, compared to 60% of the general population in Britain and the Americas.

being fat literally marks you as a pleb, a lower form of life

I've noticed this. Poorer people have a diet high in carbs and fat and low in protein.
I'm in a rural part of Spain and a steak dinner consists of a pile of very oily fried potatoes (probably more than half the calories of the whole plate from the oil), a very thin, almost paper thin sheet of meat and a salad and bread. Desert might be a sweet bread.
Have also found similar meals in Central America, with more yucca and rice and fried plantain.

Eating less carbs = live longer/healthier/less expensive lifestyle (if you eat smart)

>less expensive
no
poor people eat large amounts of carbs because they are cheap

They do both.
Source: filthy rich dad, filthy rich extended family

Lower class people traditionally are farmers, which means carbs are more easily available to them. Farmers also need carbs more since they do constant physical labor from sunlight to sunset.

the tears of poor relatives are the best vintage

>be japanese
>nearly all of your calories are rice
>live to average age of 90

>all calories from rice
you realize they also eat a lot of vegetables and depending on the area fish or meat right?

Here's a thought.
Does traditional upper class food count as a centuries-long study on human nutrition?

I mean, if a baron ate badly and had poor health, he would be less fertile. Any children he did have would learn the same bad habits, etc. Unhealthy food selects itself out of existence. Traditional food is the stuff that kept breeders breeding, kept them lively and sociable, etc.

This doesn't really apply to peasants or poor people because they ate whatever they could get their hands on. Only the old aristocracy had the kind of consistent, pre-packaged diets that supermarket moderners have, so it's a much purer "experimental" environment.

I don't think you can say much about the selection power of upper class food though. Because they already have a lot of power so whether their children stay upper class would depend on so many other factors.

Its funny cause being fat was a sign of nobility back in the day. Now its the reverse lol.

Poor people are fat because they tend to also be stupid.

I drink them in my Riedel glass, no added salt necessary.

Oui, mademoiselle. But if we don't keep them bloodied and crying, it might be our blood and tears that flow!

>I have never been to Japan however this it what my animu leads me to believe

"upper class" person here

generally we eat less carbs all round, which is why we avoid obesity
we do less manual labor, so nobody has one of those disgusting appetites where people just get home and gorge themselves

we often have several courses for most meals, cheese and wine after dinner, fruit plates with breakfast etc

another factor is we don't use "low fat" anything, if it's fatty we just have a smaller serve

you know we still eat carbs, the ubiquitous quinoa salad with pork
some token soba noodle salad with sushi
made scallion cakes with peking duck last night

Family connections?

How common is it to employ a full-time cook?

upper class food is french food
the french usu. get their carbs from a separate bread plate