Life is ENTIRELY dependent on luck...

Life is ENTIRELY dependent on luck, where you're born and what genes are dulled out to you at conception is entirely based on luck, if you're born in a shity environment with good genes you'll have more opportunities to thrive in that environment than a person with bad genes in a bad environment, if you're born with good genes in a good environment you'll have more opportunities to thrive in that environment than a person with bad genes born in a good environment.

life is a fucking lottery.

Prove me wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=How do you check to see if you're retarded
youtube.com/watch?v=wOlcB-JxkFw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

More than luck its just that everything was predetermined since the very beginning

That is,if we even believe that the universe has a beginning or end.

>life is a fucking lottery.
true but it's a lotterly because quantum uncertainty
other than that everything's determinisitic so yeah u cant even do anything about it, everything is set in stone already save for the 50/50 spin up spin down type of things

You could have said that with much less text.

>true but it's a lotterly because quantum uncertainty
Retard detected.

>quantum X
>:(

>everything was predetermined since the very beginning
Retard detected. Show proof or BTFO.

>Born in poor family
>Born with shit memory genes
>Born with depression all around me

Still managed to be get a degree in physics and gain 70k/year.

It's about who fight more

>anecdote

I bet you're actually convinced this is the case

There's no "good genes" or "bad genes". Only genes, which can make you fit in a certain environment, or unfit. If you're not successful in your current environment, maybe you should go somewhere else and do something else.

Some group of genes are objectively "better" at creating machines that can thrive, a mentally retarded person with a leg growing on is back is less able to thrive in almost all environments than a 140 iq 6'3 ALPHA MEGA CHAD, both their predicaments are almost entirely based on how lucky they were in the genetic lottery.

Really hope assisted suicide is legalized soon.

>Some group of genes are objectively "better" at creating machines that can thrive, a mentally retarded person with a leg growing on is back is less able to thrive in almost all environments than a 140 iq 6'3 ALPHA MEGA CHAD, both their predicaments are almost entirely based on how lucky they were in the genetic lottery.
Indeed. Also, in any case, being in an environment where your specific set of genes is favored is entirely to do with luck. And you're better than some people with different sets of genes in that environment? So what? You weren't even responsible for that so fuck it.

Life, if it were the result of some intelligent act or desire, must surely be a cruel joke performed on those subjected to it.

>Life, if it were the result of some intelligent act or desire, must surely be a cruel joke performed on those subjected to it.
Do humans get the shitty or the good end of the stick by being able to realize this fact?
Would it not be better to suffer a deplorable fate ignorant of how bad it truly is?

"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide"

That's my favorite Titus Andronicus song!

>As freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide"
It's funny that most philosophers that deal with the matter of suicide come to reject it.. Obviously because the people who don't probably aren't around long enough to tell of their findings.

kek a natural selection of philosophy.

Indeed. It's like how religions that are opposed to spreading themselves are fairly rare to completely nonexistent in the grand scheme of things. Like all the religious prophets/seers or whatever you know of, they all had some epiphany and decided they had to share it, and the people they told decided they had to share it too. Because if they didn't, you wouldn't know about it. Almost analogous to the anthropic principle.

>life is a lottery

Do you believe in a soul OP? If humanity learned how to make a conscious AI. And then made an AI that is in a permanent state of happiness. Would that AI be lucky?

No, existence is suffering user.

>what r superpositions????
brainlet detected

>Do you believe in a soul OP
No

> If humanity learned how to make a conscious AI. And then made an AI that is in a permanent state of happiness. Would that AI be lucky?

I would rather be the AI than me right now, so i'd personally say yes.

Well, death seems better than accepting the fact that you were fucked from the start and there's nothing you can do about it.

>They way you wrote it though seems like you think that there is a way your "soul" could have ended in a different body.
No the way he wrote it was that you have no control over who you're born as, and this sucks since you're potentially subjected to a shitty life through no fault of your own. This is true irrespective of souls.

>he needs assistance to commit suicide
Kys user

While this mindset is the closest to the truth, it's also a lot more dangerous than honestly believing that everyone can be great through hard work (though what one believes is also dependent on genes and environment).

He's trying to m8

I guess this is why I'm a libfag. The selfish part of me wants to say "I earned this, this is mine, fuck off and get your own shit". But I'm really just operating to the best of my prescribed abilities in a prescribed environment, I'm really just lucky/privileged. It's hard to say I "earned" it when I make more money and do less work than a lot of other people. It's kind of fucked when I think about it, the market says an hour of my life is worth $X0/hr and someone who busts their ass twice as hard makes minimum wage, my entire existence is literally worth more than someone else's for a reasons neither of us can control.

yeah, no

>Takes the bait
Retard detected

Why don't you tell us the way it really is then?

You are absolved of responsibility.

Do you feel better? Now you know its all luck you can try to improve your odds for better success in the future. Prepare yourself to be ready at the right time and place to take advantage of random chance.

>born in a poor family too(divorced parents)
>ultra-bad concentration
>depression/anxiety cycle almost every week for 4 years
>literally started and tried to change +1000 times in less than 2 years
>Finally learnt how to make a habit and control my mind more
Got fit, thus more mentally stable, started planning and having a future in mind(like never before), also I got rid of my social anxiety. I learnt how to avoid getting depressed and do the same with anxiety with more success rate.

I can confirm: It's about who fights more.

Only if you imply better=more fit
>a is determined by b
>and b is determined by luck
Cry more ;^=)

I sometimes find myself being kept up at night, wondering if it's better to tell people convenient lives for their betterment, or ratify their entire perspective on things with the small chance that they can bounce back from it.

Provided they aren't defaulting to the mechanisms that brought us community, solidarity, and security, so to be standing here now.

I just don't know about the ivory tower.

because i dont want to waste my energy on idiots

It's never binary.

>it's about who fights more

Are you responsible for the fact that you weren't born a retard? this would've completely eliminated any possibility of success through "hard work".

I want a yes or no

Guess not, but it would ensure that I could better react to every other person (and thus get things done and quit obsessing over not being "normal") if I could rationalize to myself about what the overall best method would be, and get on with it.

Instead of taking the time to methodically take apart every person I meet, including struggling with those who are complete wildcards, fickle and possibly slightly insane.

How do I know I'm not a retard?
Should I check If I have an anomaly in my brain?
Should I check I've got an extra chromosome?
Should I use the pseudoscience methods?

This link has the information you're looking for

lmgtfy.com/?q=How do you check to see if you're retarded

What cards you were dealt doesn't matter as much as you think. If you put in the time and effort, you'll find a game where the shitty cards you have is a pretty decent hand.

>if you have down syndrome
>eliminated every possibility of success
That depends on what does "success" mean for you.

At higher levels of IQ, you're more likely to be more, and more retarded. Alpha Mega chads, creating subpar kids/children is common. Look at most outliers who create kids who're average, or even subpar.

What I wonder about is how much of a change can you make? How much can you go against your biology?

I mean could I theoretically keep studying 16 hours a day every day? If I get tired could I ignore the fatigue and keep studying? What exactly prevents me from doing it?

What use is learning all that math if it doesn't fill the void in your heart?

Just get a pet to fill that void.

if you're smart you only study about 6 hours a day any more will do the opposite of good. You're brain also needs a lot of rest and good nutrition. Social contact and having fun is also important so some leisure an active sex life and doing things you like will probably be more beneficial then force feeding yourself data.

What I mean is how much can you push against your discomfort? What are the limits to this ability? Why do I give up so fast? What gives others the ability to endure longer?

>high iq
>born to shit family
>abused to the brink of a breakdown
>shit secondary education
>worked myself to the bone in college to make up for bad parenting decisions
>got sick
>family told me to go fuck myself
........... i didn't ask for this.

you really don't want to, working hard is a meme.
OP is right, most of life is luck. what you do with your circumstances is only a small part of the equation. to view it any other way is crazymaking!

>dumb
>lazy but i really am doing my best
>still mediocre at most
i didnt ask for this

>tfw dumb but lazy

The way and the much you think are determinated by your genes. The much of effort you can put are determinate by your resistance, determination, insistance, willpower, etc. Which is determinated by your genes... And you can even drink coffee to stay wake longer, but the coffee you have is determinated by your necessity of it, or the ammount of money you have, which is determinated by your job or something like that, which is determinated by your inteligence, or whatever are the qualifications for it, or by the ammount of EFFORT you put to get it.. So, yeah, everything in your life is, in a very basically way, predeterminated by your genes, and there's nothing you can do about it with your boring and dumb speach about effort and hard work...

>everything is determined
Implying this, it's no use to speculate personally about one's self capacity and "destiny" if the faggot isn't even doing it right.

>can't derive mentally
>studies integrals 10 hours a day
>Why is this shit so hard?
Science and math need two Solid requisites:
-Master Arithmetics
-Master Pre-Algebra
Problems need an effective and generally different POV frame for each student.

This is my first post in this place, the green stuff are like "subliminal thins" you're telling me? I'm new on this place, so I'm still trying to understand most of the posts, besides the obvious information in black...

>everything is determined
This green text represents a resume of your post
>can't...
This is a narration, or an example of an upcoming conclusion/explanation.

damn user that's some impressive levels of empathy. not many people who make a lot of money think this way

>Prove me wrong
No need, you're right. However, your lottery ticket isn't worth shit if you don't get off your ass to go pick up your prize.

>selfish part
Do you mean, the justice part?
> But I'm really just operating to the best of my prescribed abilities in a prescribed environment
How do you know that?
>It's hard to say I "earned" it when I make more money and do less work than a lot of other people.
It's simple. A lot of people can study for 1 year every day something and successfully learn it. They prefer to spend 2 hours a day watching TV or some unproductive shit.
Also, why do you have to say it?
Do you mean, on public?
Around not-successful people?
>my entire existence is literally worth more than someone else's
That's relative.
>neither of us can control
So, you gave up.

its either APLHA genetics or BETA results

>It's about who fight more

this faggot knows

you can whine all you fucking want, but if you don't really want it, you'll be shit all your life

Nothing at all to do with luck.

Luck is what losers believe in. Hard work is what winners believe in. This is empirical fact so, might want to consider that.

luck doesn't exist fuccboi

yes its a lottery now man up and play with the hand you've been dealt.

what field u working in? just graduated in physics, and failed to get a job in software consulting.

what areas of buisness can actually use the skills of a physicist?

good genes in a shitty environment, doesnt change the fact its a shitty environment, shitty people will be the higher ups as well, and ou can get fucked because of others limited understanding

so you studied physics to work as a programmer and are wondering about business opportunities

maybe you chose the wrong career path?

I studied physics for pure interest and to learn what i thought were valuable skills.
I want to work in industry. I would love to use my core learning, but i dont know where to turn to for a decent living.
I was not thinking of it until they contacted me personally. STEM is a go to basket for dev ops i think.
They claimed to train candidates, but i feel it was my lack of Java and other hard languages that held me back.
Fucking kek is that my roomie (sociology undergrad who converted to a masters in IT fields) applied after me and got the offer.
he spent one year doing Java and Python.
im happy for him because he really knew he wanted it. i was unsure and fucked the interview as a result. so i guess i actually fucked it because i thought it was a wrong path. i am 23 he is 25. i feel like at 25 i would be more ready to commit to that sort of thing.

anyone really feel that starting in industry young is the way to go. are the 9-5 blues worth the wage packet?
How get qualified in Java c++?
is self taught good enough?

Stop being a fucking retard, diverting your laziness onto 'circumstance'.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

-Reinhold Niebuhr

I hope you retards aren't actually being serious.

The fact that the environment disfavors sets of genes that produce lazy machines while favoring sets of genes that produce machines with "persistence" means being born with sets of genes that produce "laziness" is bad luck because you could've been born with a set of genes that produce machines with "persistence" which would've increased your chances of thriving in the environment.

as another user has already says, you're born and you either have sets of genes that are favored by the environment or you don't

>as another user has already says, you're born and you either have sets of genes that are favored by the environment or you don't
>it's 50-50, either it happens or it doesn't
REEEEEEEEEEEE

Is that false? if you're born with a disease that kills you after 10 minutes, then weren't you born with a set of genes that are not favored by the environment? is the kid that was wasn't born with the sets of genes that cause the death of that machine shorty after birth responsible for the fact he wasn't born with those genes?

Working hard is too hard lads.

>born American
>HURR DURR LOOK WHAT I ACCOMPLISHED
weak bait

ITT 12 year old manlet is sad about life.

Here's a (you) for effort, you'll be funny one day.

If we suppose you're correct, the question is, what then?

Will you just waddle in self-pity for the rest of your days; trapped in an imagined bubble limiting your potential?

You have to try to make something of yourself, no matter the hand you were dealt. Complacency is your enemy. There is, of course, elements of luck to anything in life, but I promise you working hard AND working smart will get you where you want to be.

Achieving your goals in real life is the most fulfilling thing you can do, so do it. Whatever it takes, if you accept your current circumstances but you're not happy with them and you won't do anything to change them, then you may as well be dead.

>hard AND working smart will get you where you want to be.

How can i work hard and smart if i have a set of genes that create an unintelligent and lazy machine?

Someone answer this.

By working harder than those that have better genes than you but are lazy. They have a higher potential but rarely reach it. There's no reason for anyone that cares to make less than 50k a year eventually.

>By working harder

But how do you do this? This is the core of the question. You seem to imply that you can ignore all your mental limitations and become driven even though you were lazy all your life.

By replacing bad habits with good ones trough repetition.

being able to replace bad habits is dependent on the set of genes you posses, a retard has a set of genes that makes him/her unable to do certain things.

intelligent people have a set of genes that allows them to process information in ways that unintelligent people who don't posses these sets of genes are unable to.

So fucking tired of reading bullshit like this from lazy fedora tippers. Never was persistent in all his life and blames everything on his genetics. Fuck outta here, lardass.

>Life is ENTIRELY dependent on luck
You should watch this OP:
youtube.com/watch?v=wOlcB-JxkFw

Fight for your success.

>and blames everything on his genetics

This is Veeky Forums. Genetics and your environment, two things out of your control, make who you are. Do you believe in a soul or something?

You can change your environment. Not always, but for alot of people.

>You can change your environment

By then it's too late already. I meant the environment you grew up in.

But user, everything is about genetics and environment.

>Never was persistent in all his life and blames everything on his genetics

are you implying people have free will?

And? What is stopping you to use that set of cards you were dealt and making most out of it? Truth be told you're already extremely well off if you're in a first world country and have internet access around the clock.

This doesn't really change the fact that environment and your genes pretty much determine everything about you.

>And? What is stopping you to use that set of cards you were dealt and making most out of it?

I am always tired. I find it hard to focus. There is a limit to being able to concentrate despite physical and mental discomfort.

I have a hard time understanding difficult concepts. I often need to be hand-held through solutions to every problem.

I think slower than others.

I am unable to come up with unique ideas.

>I didn't chose to become a degenerate who jerks off to drawings of alien girls
Whatever you tell yourself to sleep tonight.

Was going to call you a retard, but i can't hold you accountable for your belief in free will.

if you could choose to be whoever you want to be why wouldn't everyone choose to be successful? Why do people choose to work for minimum wage?

Work out, eat well and meditate to feel less tired and to raise your focus and concentration. Everyone has a hard time understanding difficult concepts, no need to feel inferior because underage anonymous people tell you otherwise. Who gives a fuck that you think slow? In this day and age you get enough time, you just need to use it.
To be creative change your pace regularly and try new things out.
Because working hard is hard. The later you start the more anxious you get about starting. If you already are worried in your twenties for your late start and poor education, how much a 40 year old and even older people feel? At some point acceptance for stagnation sets in and that's when you're done.

>Because working hard is hard.

But if it's equally hard why do some people choose to work and others don't?