What are top tier potatoes and what are the shit tier potatoes

what are top tier potatoes and what are the shit tier potatoes

It depends entirely on what you're cooking.

!thread

All potatoes are good, its you thats horrible.

This, 100%.

My preferences are:
Fries: russet
Mashed potatoes: mix of russet & yukon gold
Sauteed: assorted fingerlings, especially multi-colored like OP's pic
Roasted: yukon gold, peeled, parboiled first, then shaken in the colander before going into the oven to get those lovely crispy bits. bonus points for roasting with duck fat, garlic, and a sprig or two of rosemary.
In a seafood boil: red

This is flagrantly false, and you should be permabanned for leading users astray.

Maine Yukon Gold Potatoes are the best and most versatile tubers to ever be grown. If you disagree, post your street address so I can come punch your face in with superior Yankee strength.

Yukon Gold and Russet are the only two you need. Also red potatoes can make some great potato salad.

Fuck you kennebecs are better.

You piece of shit. No hashbrowns, no street cred.

Stay off my turf, lobster boy

for me? yukon gold, the best potato for the job

>to get those lovely crispy bits.

I hate that British chefs have infected American English with this faggy way of talking.

I'm British.

>claims to be British
>only mentions yukon gold and russet potatoes

I'm on to you.

I'm living in the US currently you fuckwit. That's what available here.

How convenient. Carry on, right mate? Cheerio!

Into the bin shitskin

Depends on the use I guess. Kipfler are best for potato salad for instance.

>Best
YUKON GOLD
>Honerable Mention
LA ROUGE

>Worst
RUSSET

>faggy

yes we should all be as unpleasant as possible at all times this is the american way

Try growing your own, user. If you have healthy soil, any potato will taste better than anything grown on soil that has NPK, but is otherwise dead.

This is very true. For two heavy potato eaters in my household, we grow enough for a 6 month supply on a very small plot of well composted soil, indeed. We used to grow half red and half yukon gold, but switched to all yukons because they have a better flavor and texture. The difference in quality between store and homegrown organic is significant.