Anyone else pretty much eat one thing a week? Make a giant vat of something and eat the leftovers all week?

Anyone else pretty much eat one thing a week? Make a giant vat of something and eat the leftovers all week?

I'm too picky to have ever tried it. Do you really eat the same thing for every meal and/or snack throughout the day for a week?

Not that I'm judging you, that would just drive me insane.

For the most part. If I eat anything different then it's just rice. I'm usually making big batches of soups, curries or chilli.

i have tried but they always go bad

no. I could do it if I were starving, but given a choice, I'd rather not eat the same thing for more than 2-3 meals at a time. when I lived alone, I would make big batches of soup, chili, etc and freeze the extra. if I didn't, I'd get tired of it and either have to force myself to eat it or it would go to waste.

the closest I've come is where I would go through streaks of eating the same thing for lunch every day for weeks or months. I did that with pb&j sandwiches for a while. then suddenly I was sick of them and I couldn't bring myself to eat one for a couple years afterwards.

I rarely ever want to eat the same thing twice in a row, let alone all week

I assumed he was talking about meal prep but I guess not.

I like getting my lunches and dinners ready on the weekend. It's super convenient.

Breakfast is usually some rotation of breakfast cereals, then I make one kind of lunch and one kind of dinner for the week. I don't bother prepping snacks cause it's mostly fruit and biscuits.

I do in winter - stew or borscht or other heavy one-pot meals.

I do that for lunches quite often, but for dinners I rarely eat the same thing two days in a row.

dinner, yes, it happens
breakfast is pretty varied tho

most of the time im making portions enough for 3 dinners and ill have at least leftovers for the next day. soups are good and easy to warm up. i usually have enough time in the week to make enough so i dont have to actually cook after working

I do that for every dish because I am poor

I usually do that during the week cause poor student.
I'll cook up a batch of chili/curry/stew/casserole and store it for lunch and dinner during the week. For breakfast its cereals or coffee and fruit. I'll throw in a shakshuka once a week for lunch or something. I still cook during the weekends though.

For dinner, sometimes.

There are a few things that I only know how to make or are only worth making in giant batches; the two I make most often are lentil soup and pea soup. If I feel a lazy period coming along, or need to eat on the cheap, I'll make a batch of either and have dinner for a week. I try to eat different things during the day so I don't get sick of it, though.

No, I hate reheated shit.

Not intentionally, but when I do make soups and stews, sometimes rice dishes, etc etc... they're often in large batches just because it's a waste of ingredients to make just a single portion.

All the time, but I eat out a few times to balance it out

used to do a ham dinner on sunday then eat omelettes and sandwhiches all week, then pea soup on friday night. was a poor fag though

Once I miscalculated a recipe and made 2 kilos of pelmeni, ate it all week long.
I now understand the life of a slav

Nothing with meat is going to keep 'all week'. Three days at a time, though, sure.

>Nothing with meat is going to keep 'all week'.

Properly seasoned chili lasts for like two