Took my first ever college test yesterday

>took my first ever college test yesterday
>it's gen. chem, easy as fuck
>it's gas laws, fucking easy
>take the test, confident as fuck, felt like I knew everything
>get grade today
>it's a fucking 89
>turns out I made two careless mistakes and lost a point in the free response

How do I not kill myself? Holy shit I feel horrible right now, and I'm not feeling confident at all for my next tests for harder classes like Calc II. How do I recover from this?

>harder classes like Calc II

Might as well kill yourself while you can if you think Calc II is going to be hard.

Well no, it's not hard yet, but I've heard bad things about calculus at my university.

Calc 2 is harder than calc 3 and linear algebra

89 is fine, maybe you should just kill yourself for being a tryhard. not like you can't recover.

plus calc is more important, study for that

I don't feel like it's fine, man. The test was basically high school level,and the average was an 81, so no curve. Also, in this class, you need a 93 or above to get an A, and I need A's from these easy first year courses so I can have a nice safety net for my harder higher level courses.

2/10 bait

how is this bait? because no one can possibly be this dumb? Cause here I am, mr. stupid in the flesh

>muh sequences
>muh series
>muh Taylor expansions
>muh McLauren series

Not difficult.

I'll upgrade the bait to 4/10 which will probably be the best grade you get (its a 40% just in case you don't know)

Thanks, now I feel worse, at least that'll make you happy :^)

The biggest mistake is wasting your time crying over it here.

I need to vent somewhere

I have a really hard time thinking spatially/imagining 3D concepts so Calc 2 was wayyyy easier than 3 for me

/thread

>he can't visualize 3D space, let alone infinite-dimensional space

brainlet

My first uni test was a gen chem gas law test too, got an 82 on it though

don't pay attention to them

they literally hand out the methods to solve the problems

>Being this upset over a B
>Especially on a first exam
Turboautist detected

You'll feel crappy now but as you age things like this don't matter as much anymore unless you lose your job, house or family.
Try to let this one slide, still aim to do your best and don't feed to much in the impeding sense of failure

Brit here, holy fucking shit dumb burger posters, I took all those topics in A levels, a COLLEGE ENTRY EXAM, fucking brainlets all of you

not that you're going to listen to me, but...
it scales

what do you mean?

>How do I not kill myself?

1. don't be a massive normie whose self-worth depends on his grades
2. actually set meaningful goals for yourself

And yet you still work with Pakis at the local grocery store. Faggot.

In my experience it's harder than calc 1,3 diff eqs and way harder than linear algebra.

This is just sickening.

Americans with their ridiculously dumbed down courses. They can't possibly be so fucking stupid as to think they're getting a real education.

And then they actually take the grades of these courses seriously?

What the hell is wrong with you? You should be far more worried that you're attending a meme university where the average grade isn't 50% like it should be and the fact that you're over 18 and writing tests on primary school level chemistry.

>easy as fuck
>lose 11 points.
You better snap out of the mentality that you are hot shit quickly. Everybody else at your university is equally as qualified and dedicated, if not more so, than you, and they are out to be on top no matter what. While you are bitching on Veeky Forums, others are learning from their mistakes.

True. I sometimes go through past exams from american unis to practice before a test and I can't believe how ridiculously easy they are. It feels like a high school exam. I mean, multiple choice questions?? Come on...

Calc II is hard because it's probably the first math class a student has ever taken that isn't just memorization. Doing integration during a test is 10% memorization, 40% algebra, and 50% luck.

The only way to learn integration is to do every question in your textbook, plus every question in every other textbook your library has, plus every practice question you can find online. And then pray to god on test day. Literally anything out of whack can knock you off your integration game and force your score down to a C+ because you can't answer 2-3 questions.

Hell, I DID every question in my book + other books and I still only got a C+ for the course. I normally get As. It seemed like when I was doing practice problems, I had to get up and ask a TA for help every 10 minutes because the integral required some new and stupid obscure algebra sorcery.

Sequences and series and shit are easy as fuck, they're not why Calc II is hard.

Ha jokes on you, I'm taking actual Advanced math an actually intellectual university

>Brit here

Stopped reading there.

I made an 85 on my first gen chem test, the rest were all A's. If you can't just get over your 89, more 89's (maybe lower) will follow.

>The only way to learn integration is to do every question in your textbook, plus every question in every other textbook your library has, plus every practice question you can find online. And then pray to god on test day. Literally anything out of whack can knock you off your integration game and force your score down to a C+ because you can't answer 2-3 questions.

This is literally the most retarded shit I've ever read. Please switch to a women's studies degree you actual brainlet.

tbqh memorization is important.

In my last calculus test there was a part called 'Apply the fundamental theorem of calculus to evaluate these integrals' and one girl didn't know what the fundamental theorem of calculus was (I know because she later texted me to ask me) and just from that she failed.

Even though the part before that said 'Evaluate these integrals' and even though you could do riemann sums there, obviously everyone used anti derivatives, even her, but from not knowing what that method is called she basically failed.

Memorize your theorems, bois.

>50% luck.

This is so true. If you are not particularly creative or talented at math then any problem that needs a trick you have not seen before will kill you right there. You basically need to be lucky enough that all the problems your professor randomly picked all problems you also know how to solve.

Math major here and tbqh calculus is such a dumb class but you can't really go on without it because you will always need integrals for differential equations and other courses.

>Hell, I DID every question in my book + other books and I still only got a C+ for the course. I normally get As. It seemed like when I was doing practice problems, I had to get up and ask a TA for help every 10 minutes because the integral required some new and stupid obscure algebra sorcery.
Maybe you would have been better off practicing your algebra then, because the "obscure tricks" you are referring to will come in handy in more advanced courses (and are really nothing more than having a solid foundation for algebra and using your mathematical intuition).

>Sequences and series and shit are easy as fuck, they're not why Calc II is hard.
You're probably saying this because you spent all your time "studying" them (I put quotes because you weren't actually studying, you were memorizing). People usually think this is the hard part because they are lazy but smart; they have the 40% algebra and 50% luck part down (really it's just 90% algebra) they just don't want to put in the work to memorize anything.

don't complain

harder = hard
are you retarded?

lmfao

is this for real ?

research experience will take you further than scoring highly on a test you fucking brainlet

>mfw there are people worried about getting 89% on an exam