Please, Veeky Forums. Share your tales of woe regarding encounters with plebs, libraries, book stores, etc...

Please, Veeky Forums. Share your tales of woe regarding encounters with plebs, libraries, book stores, etc. I am hungry for bad times.

> younger brother, about 18-19 years old, wants to become a writer
> buy him some accessible classics to help him out
> he never reads more than one book a year
> most of the time he screams at people on F2P console shooters (he's spent £100 on Warframe and spent £200 on GTA Online)
> often hear him on the headset saying "woof, woof, haha, lol, hyyyaaaaa, nyan" etc in an annoying high pitched voice
> his writing is full of typos, over-use of hyphens and semi-colons, cliche similes and metaphors (you'll see "white as snow" on almost all the pages) and tangents that don't lend themselves to the theme, building of the world, character development, subtext, etc.
> he says he never uses outlines to write stories because "i can't be limited like that, I don't want my stuff to be put into boxes"
> he literally cried when I told him calmly he took too much trifle for dessert one day and screamed at me to "quit bitching, get fucked"
> he literally identifies as "otherkin" and says he's sexually a dragon

I wish I was kidding but he's like a walking parody of himself.

> tfw someone who reads casually - romance, YA fiction, mainstream bestsellers - tries to strike a conversation with you about reading and because you don't read what they read they instantly think you're trying to impress them/that you're pretentious

S-sorry, guys... I just like reading sometimes, OK....

>go to bookstore
>ask if they have Ivanhoe
>clerk: "how is it spelled?"
>annoyed, explain how it's spelled
>clerk: "do you know the author's name?"

I'm sure that in the future, if we do have a future, this age will be called the great regression

Anyone got the bookstore pasta where the guy keeps farting and everyone has a rape whistle?

Your brother isn't just a disgrace to aspiring writers, he's a disgrace to otherkin. Plz kill.

Disgusting.

As someone who knows very little about what "otherkin" is, please could you tell me the difference between someone who identifies as otherkin and someone who sees themselves with a spirit/power animal? Sounds like the same type of thing to me to be honest, senpai-a-lam.

Absolutely Harambe.

This would be forgiven if you were 14 or 15.

OP's brother will deliver the new era of post-post-irony

>first real job out of college
>girl at work is reading atlas shrugged
>I make some chitchat about ayn rand and how gross she is
>girl says she doesn't really know anything about the book and asks what I would recommend instead
>I say if she likes really long American books she should check out Moby Dick
>''oh cool, I'll check him out what's your favorite book by him? ''

Entire company ended up going bankrupt two months later

A queen of trolls.

>2016
>Reading Banabus and Scribbler by Moby Dick
I would prefer not to.

What did the company do?

Thank you, user.

Nah dude, how do you reach adulthood without knowing what Moby Dick is, you don't even need to read to know what it is, it's so universally renowned

>Be in senior year in high school
>Reading Brothers Karamazov
>Teacher sees it
>"Wow, user, do you have a pretentious bookshelf at home to keep that on?"
>Other students chime in
>"I saw you carrying that a month ago. Are you even reading it?"
>They all feel superior reading their Newberry Award winners and John Green TRASH

Being a patrician is pain. This also happens to me down at /mu/ when I post an "obscure" album.

>>"I saw you carrying that a month ago. Are you even reading it?"
That one sucks - there is no winning in a situation like that.

>>Reading Brothers Karamazov
>>Teacher sees it
>>"Wow, user, do you have a pretentious bookshelf at home to keep that on?"
What thr fuck?

>Entire company ended up going bankrupt two months later
Been a long time since I heard this mene

Business event planning

In hindsight, I dodged a huge bullet

>talking about books with female friend
>ask if she has any recommendations for me
>she asks if I've read Infinite Jest
>can't take her seriously any more because of fucking memes
Thanks Veeky Forums

Philosophy professor looked at me weird for not having made a dent in the book within 2 classes

Tell us more.

>courting qt3.14 seems somewhat cultured
>"Hey poetry really changed my life when I was 17! William Blake and T.S Eliot are some of my favorites. Shakespeare's the best though, I really love his tragedies. Especially Hamlet and Macbeth"
>"I hate Shakespeare really, except for Othello. As far as poets go, Shel Silverstein changed my life"
>gradually discover the only artists she likes are black or female. She doesn't even like Shakespeare except for the "inclusive" one with the cuck plot for fuck's sake.
>every conversation about art, supposedly her focus in college, is a fucking drag.

>Having this little self awareness

>Sat beside a girl on the train home
>Reading Peer Gynt
>Girl sees me reading and asks me what it's about
>Before I even respond, she moans about some loud hooligans a few chairs down, which I'd been ignoring anyway
>Look up at them for a moment, and then she starts talking about the Harry Potter books
>Asks if I'd seen the last film
>Shrug a bit and give a completely non-committal/indifferent response
>Trying not to be visibly repulsed as this 6/10 plebeian keeps talking to me, moving from Harry Potter to True Blood and then Game of Thrones

23 years old and I've just given up on trying to find an intellectual equal in women. Good thing I'm bisexual-lite and into traps/etc.

>work at university library in one of the most cucked universities in all of cuckdom
>have to tolerate an entire year of every single other student employee being a tumblr person
>one of them reported me to management for calling women "chicks" colloquially, which is common here
>another one, after talking to me about a black girl I dated and who got me into caribbean music, somehow interpreted it as "She was Caribbean and wasn't into Caribbean music, therefore she was a bad Caribbean," said nothing to my face but gossiped about me
>finally, about to quit
>tfw wearing MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN to work every day
>tfw spent like $40 on this stupid hat just to systematically irritate every single one of my fellow employees
>tfw not even a trump supporter
>tfw it was worth every penny

wow great post

Your autism stopped you from getting laid. Should've just played along.

Nothing about that post implies he didn't fug her tho

The possibility of finding a trap that would have similar literary tastes will be very slim.

I agree she had plebeian tastes, but it is better to find a girl with a curiosity to new literature. That way you can cultivate her into it.

The other side of the spectrum, they will have very particular authors and dismiss outright any suggestions you will have for them.

Rather a sapling than a gnarled thornbush as they say.

Thanks, do you also like hats?

I love hats! Which hats are your favorite, user?

>!

>The possibility of finding a trap that would have similar literary tastes will be very slim.

I live in hope.

>I agree she had plebeian tastes, but it is better to find a girl with a curiosity to new literature. That way you can cultivate her into it.
>Rather a sapling than a gnarled thornbush as they say.

You might be right. I hate lowering myself to other peoples' levels however, in relationships and otherwise - no patience for it. It just feels like 'playing dumb' desu, which doesn't seem fair on either the person in question or myself. More to the point, it feels like acting - and like lying, you can only keep it up for so long before the mask slips.

Otherkin is not spiritual (the wolf is a power blah blah blah), but psychological (I am a wolf bark bark)

I sometimes giggle at one bookstore chains "Philosophy & Psychology" shelf.
>self-help
>pop psychology
>"how to survive a narcissist", "highly sensitive person" stuff and so on
>art of war and some business consults books on "success"
>in the middle of it all, Zizeks Violence

sorry, no better stories here

it may not sound funny but damn I thought it was, especially since it was a translated version and the cover is Zizeks face looking like this