Is there a way to kill the brain of an animal but keep all the other bodily functions of the organs and the digestive...

Is there a way to kill the brain of an animal but keep all the other bodily functions of the organs and the digestive metabolism going?
Would that be a fair way to make foi gras?
The animal is dead and conscienceless and not processing anything, but still being force fed.

Would it work?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_Headless_Chicken
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're an idiot.

No. I am clever.

with electrodes in place in the right places at the moment of death...

There's no "fair" way to eat animals. You take the good with the bad.

Sometimes suffering is an intrinsic part of the flavour.

I have a tattoo of a goose being force fed on my arm AMA

pics or gtfo

There is, but it's needlessly expensive and extremely easy to fuck up. Bacteria and fungi tries to decompose the body since 0 brain to determine the microbes a threat and react, for starters.

You could just remove the cerebrum so the duck is essentially a plant in terms of intelligence, while the vitals are still able to be regulated by the medulla. This would be needlessly expensive though.

That's...actually pretty cool

The brain doesn't determine if microbes are threats.

Ive seen it done with chickens . But not ducks.

>A human being unironically walks this earth with THAT tattood on his body

ugh time to suicide myself

Literally rèddit: the tattoo

If I ever got a tattoo I'd probably go for a foie gras tat, both because it's the best food in the world - and also just to piss some people off - but I'll admit that one is kind of lame. He's posted it a number of times and has admitted that it was something like a drunken/impulse type thing.

The brain regulates the body functions through a negative feedback mechanism which is actually pretty stupid. IE if a person lacks the iodide to make thyroid hormones, the pituitary gland sends a hormone to enlarge the thyroid to make more thyroid hormones that it can't make in the first place.

That's not a defect in the system, it's a defect in the gland.

Blood calcium is regulated with negative feedback.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_Headless_Chicken

lmao what

listen here, your brain doesn't do shit during an infection. Your immune system is what protects you from the millions of creatures that try to kill you every day.

too bad they can't stop jews from sucking our bank accounts though

He's right, you're an idiot. Even if this is bait it's retarded

>Is there a way to kill the brain of an animal but keep all the other bodily functions of the organs and the digestive metabolism going?

Force it to listen to rap and hiphop

why did you get this tattoo

>Force it to listen to rap and hiphop

Alcohol and cheap blow

>kill the brain of an animal but keep all the other bodily functions
You mean a zombie?
To dangerous my friend... to dangerous. ..

Soooo... like a spinal block?

I listened to an NPR story, I think it was on Planet Money. There's a guy in Spain that has a farm where geese willingly engorge themselves, which he then kills and processes.
Summation of it is: No fences, no equipment, just lakes, marsh, fields, and plenty of food left lying around. Makes it as attractive to migrating geese as possible. They come, land, decide they like the joint and stick around while stuffing their idiotic goose faces. Foxes and predators take some, but those are acceptable losses because the goose won't engorge himself if he's inside of a fence or trapped.

Sounds pretty idyllic to me desu. Chilling Eden, eat as much as you want, and some day you pay the piper. Think that's the most humane way to do it

There is literally nothing inhumane about the current method of producing foi gras. All the bitching comes from an inexcusable lack of knowledge on duck biology paired with anthropomorphism

I'd rather get a tattoo of that french bird meal people arent allowed to eat anymore