Are memes anti-intellectual?

Are memes anti-intellectual?

Quite the opposite. Dankness is the conclusion of everything.

Not necessary. Because if it be true looking at the mirror would be

extremely painful.

Yes. Memes are the absolute opposite of intellectualism, they appeal to the most base of tribalist "I understood this reference" emotions. The most dangerous by far are the ironic memes because they actually give users a sense of superiority when really they are what they are parodying.

not if they're post-post-ironic
then they're as intellectual as it gets

>"I understood this reference" emotions
Isn't Ulysses' greatness due to that? At least this is what I understand when I read people explaining why Ulysses is great.

Is there any literature regarding this specifically yet?

>3 layers of irony

post-post irony is fucking cancer
Humor peaks at post-irony, everything else is trash

I agree. I also think they are used as forms of discouragement and as prevention measures to keep people from pursuing topics that are contrary to society's narrative.

wow. really made me think
wtf i hate memes now
what did you mean by this?

Pls monies

Hahah- oh, wait.

... I think he's literally being serious, guy senpais...

try to guess which irony layer I'm currently op'ing on

Can someone explain to me what post-post irony is?

vaporwave, rare pepe, trump-voting

it could have been post-ironic, but you're actually a little sincere about it. you like the nice rhythm of vaporwave, you do collect your rare pepes with enjoyment and you will vote for trump.

So its actually sincerity camouflaged as irony

Thing is, making references to classical texts and pieces of common folk knowledge isn't just a litmus test for "getting it".

When well integrated with the text mythological or historical themes aid in understanding the event displayed through shared context or juxtaposition.

>camouflaged as irony
camouflaged as irony in an ironic way

(Goddammit) No, you plebs. It is not that.

Post-irony is where you're being ironic, but there's a tinge of soncerity into it. So you're not just being dramatical satyre, you're ironically saying things you kind of believe in.

POST-post-irony -- on the other hand -- transcends explanation. It can only be witnessed and intuited. Post-post-irony is to post-irony as post-modernism is to modernism (to butchersome it)

That image is one for my archives.

This comment is intellectual smegma

All of you are contemptible. Especially me

This thread is disgusting.

n-irony culture ended when it was mathematically defined in Postmodern Analytic Memetics.

i really think alot about memes
so much that i'm really damn mad at them
as in i'd like to devote my life to fighting memes

No.

underrated post

funny jokes, good call, not worth it

no

no this is just post-irony
this is almost lucid

this is actually an insightful post for as awful as i want to think it is

"no"

yep, they reduce complicated phenomenon or issues to a narrow dimension that has mass appeal, they inform the national conversation, they are don't need to be based in fact, and they are ruining this place.

they must make the job of ((them)) much, much easier.

I'm the ironical master, cowards

"under"rated

no?

Memes work as satire. They are like culture-jamming, very dadaish.
They help you see stuff in a different light, make the normal look stupid and abnormal.