Kripke was labelled a prodigy, having taught himself Ancient Hebrew by the age of six...

>Kripke was labelled a prodigy, having taught himself Ancient Hebrew by the age of six, read the complete works of Shakespeare by nine, and mastered the works of Descartes and complex mathematical problems before finishing elementary school.[4][5] He wrote his first completeness theorem in modal logic at the age of 17, and had it published a year later. After graduating from high school in 1958, Kripke attended Harvard University and graduated summa cum laude obtaining a bachelor's degree in mathematics. During his sophomore year at Harvard, Kripke taught a graduate-level logic course at nearby MIT.

How does it feel it be a brainlet, Veeky Forums?

>modal ""logic""
>philosophy

I will do far more than him with an engineering degree from state school.

>>>modal ""logic""
>doesn't even have an engineering degree yet

so you dont know shit yet?

I was mad when I first read it. Now I just feel sad.

What is impressive about reading Shakespeare at age 9? Any literate 9 y/o could do it, even if they didn't fully appreciate it artistically.

Kripke also happens to be from an extremely active, supportive, and conservative Jewish family. He obviously had potential, but he also had the gift of a home environment when he was young that was able to nurture his talents. I don't fault the guy for achieving so much; I'm probably also nowhere near as intelligent as he is: I do, however, acknowledge that I've been playing catch-up in that the first time I was ever exposed to these sorts of topics (which I've since taken to) was about half-way through my undergraduate career.

He's also himself an incredibly humble and sincerely practicing Jew. Definitely not the kind of guy to meditate on the fact that everybody else is a brainlet.

>aside

On the subject of Kripke, the only work of his with which I have much familiarity is that on Kripke structures in the context of model checking. While I see how they're useful for recognizing discrete event sequences that satisfy (or don't satisfy) temporal logic expressions, I don't understand why the convention of temporal logic in model checking has limited itself to the deciding power of the Kripke structure. As far as I can tell, the class of languages recognizable by Kripke structures is still regular; generalizing Kripke structures into even pushdown automata would give us power to efficiently recognize temporal patterns in a way that may be a little more efficient (in terms of both expressiveness and the number of states required for any modeled system). than we're currently able.

I probably won't get any comments or input on this because Veeky Forums tends to lean towards the 'computer science is for retards' mindset, and, even among computer science students, formal verification tends not to be the hot topic right now. Would appreciate any insight, though.

What's the most impressive one you know of, that would put Kripke to shame?

>taught himself Ancient Hebrew by the age of six

All practicing jews learn hebrew. It's what gets read at every temple service. It's not like Christianity where they do their services with English translations of the Bible.

Where's his phd? Did he plan on getting a honorary one?

Hs's too stupid to have gotten one.

Haha

im wondering what kind of school MIT is if they allowed some dude with only a BS in math to teach a grad level logic course.

>with only a BS in math
actually i misread. he didn't even have his BS before teaching logic

It has to be garbage. My uni is garbage, I'm third year and I'm teaching two courses of logic starting next semester.

The point is that math and logic aren't hard. This frustration you feel is that which results from your circlejerk being broken.

#1 in the US for almost all of the STEM fields; recognized internationally.

I'm not frustrated, I'm impressed.

>i will do far more cock sucking than him

Good for you buddy, thanks for sharing!

At least I have hair.

He didn't bother. He was already doing teaching and research when he finished his Bachelors.

But where is his honorary phd?

>no fields medal
>no abel prize
>no nobel prize
Why should I even care?

>A talking engineering undergrad!?

and everybody could claim to have done so because people who read it are just a smart as they were before (it's shit)