This book was a minor meme here for a while

This book was a minor meme here for a while.

Woolf, Nietzsche, and Henry James all adored it (James with some reservations). I'm thinking of checking it out.

>he hasn't read middlemarch

>He thinks that anyone serious ever memed about middlemarch

bump

>serious meme

Less of a meme more of an actually good book

Woolf is watered-down Joyce. Nietzsche was insane. Henry James wrote some of the dullest prose ever.

Middlemarch is shit.

How to be wrong: the post.

>Middlemarch is shit

Kill you'are'selve

What editions are these? I've seen the Iliad and the Metamorphoses with beautiful covers in the same style.

or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Plebeianism

>2016
>not post-ironically memeing

Penguin Hardcover Classics.
They're expensive but pretty.

Is Middlemarch not a meme anymore? I had almost read a book written by a gril, close call.

>he falls for the woman can't write meme
Good goy, wouldn't want some of the best literature to become accessible to everyone

No, I'm sure they can write. I've just never read one, and if I were to I'd only want the best. I was considering this, Jane Eyre, or something by Woolf.

You're the meme, friend

I'm going to ignore all the memeing and just say that Middlemarch is brilliant. Its prose isn't anything in particular, in comparison to Mann or Mellville etc, but it has the deepest characters out of any novel I've ever read. Eliot understood humans in a way few do.

>it has the deepest characters out of any novel I've ever read

It's literally written by a women. There's no way this is true, or you've only read Harry Potter and Twilight until now, roastwhore

>Nietzsche

Gonna need a source on that.

If you want to read the best piece of literature written by a woman, read Wuthering Heights

Call me Tyrone, because that was a top kek