Are you smart enough to find the next number in the sequence, Veeky Forums?

Are you smart enough to find the next number in the sequence, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

oeis.org/search?q=1,3,5,7,...
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Could be 9
Could be 11

Could be anything else for that matter

It's 1111748.

The sequence is 1,3,5,7,1111748,2,2,2,2,2,2, ...

Faggot

This is what I never understood about IQ tests and math in general. Are you just supposed to pick the obvious pattern, or do you need to work out as many pattern schemes as possible given a minimum sequence?

What if I have a pattern that the first 4 odds, then the first 4 evens, then the next 4 odds, and so on.

nine

oeis.org/search?q=1,3,5,7,...

The next number is 8.

Sequence is A187224, Rank transform of the sequence floor(3*n/2).

wrong

Notice for the polynomial f(x) = 2x^4 - 20x^3 + 70x^2 -98x + 47
f(1) = 1
f(2) = 3
f(3) = 5
f(4) = 7
but f(5) = 57.
So the next number in the sequence is 57.

This type of stuff is not math just shitposting

It's -1/12

You pick the first obvious solution and your IQ is determined by how fast you came to the obvious conclusion over a long series of such puzzles.

There is no next number since the sequence is just odd positive integers less than 9.

>Are you just supposed to pick the obvious pattern, or do you need to work out as many pattern schemes as possible given a minimum sequence?

This.

This right fucking here. There's like 20 patterns to most shit like this and you have to pick from like 4 answers and there's 3 answers that have patterns that match.

They are all pretty obvious, brainlet.

>Try out the special Facebook bait quiz to find out how much of a special snowflake you really are!.

Just get used to them.

IQ is literally graphic pattern and a filter against ADHD autists. Just train your mind with geometry and analisys, it helped me getting from 110 to 135 last year on MENSA.

10?

trick question because ? isn't a number

It's literally just odd numbers. The next number in the sequence is 9, and the sequence can be generated as x=2y+1, where y is a rational number greater than or equal to zero.

>where y is a rational number greater than or equal to zero.

1/2 is a rational number, but 2 isn't an odd number...

I'll give questions like this as bonus questions to my students sometimes, trying to avoid ones where there's a ton of "obvious" answers.

Usually the criteria is either that they give me a general, non-boring generation rule (so it can't be "1,3,5,7,1,3,5,7..." or I'll tell them that they have to discover the rule in question and that if they'd like I'll generate more terms for them.

It's neat when it's things like the look-and-say sequence.

you mean positive integers and 0 i hope

hidden under the question mark...
I'll let myself out

I would say 9.

However some will say 11.

These questions are kind of stupid. There is no objectively correct answer. It could be 18489899234329

what's the next color in the sequence:

purple

brown

orange

green

Why the fuck would anyone say 11?

Tortoise

Meem

green

MEEMFACE

No it couldn't be, because that shows no pattern

It can't be 11, its 9