Name a journalist/essayist as honest and epic as George Orwell

Name a journalist/essayist as honest and epic as George Orwell.

Other urls found in this thread:

dartmouth.edu/~milton/reading_room/areopagitica/text.html
irishleftreview.org/2012/03/21/george-orwell-saint/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

David Foster Wallace

Different species of writer.

Orwell is the GOAT among political writers.

>orwell
>honest
>"epic"

no (you)

>honest

The nigga literally fabricated half of his body of journalistic work and borderline plagiarized 1984

James Baldwin

@8354193
Literally a rat fink, he's the antithesis of honest

Bit of a fraud actually. He wanted people to accept his persona more than anything else. Have you ever looked up his favorite book list? Created just to add to the "mystery".

As a devout Catholic I feel obliged to dislike Orwell.

>epic
Wow, I didn't know Orwell wrote long narrative poems about heroes. Please learn to use literary words correctly on a literature board.

>look how unpretentious and average I am despite the fact I'm a walking encyclopedia and went to Amherst and Harvard

Look up on youtube: Original Tapes -- David Foster Wallace & David Lipsky (1996)

That's the most David was ever actually honest. The truth is more painful than anything else.

I can't believe nobody has said Christopher Hitchens, probably outdoes Orwell in all honesty

The delivery in the part where he says he was in a pink room is entirely different than it was in the movie. Bad form, cinema, bad form.

Cinema is always attempting twist things to be easily digestible.

Just checked it out, what's with the random Bryan garner appearance?

Lived with his aunt in Paris when things got too tough for him.

Also perhaps I'm being too cynical but u feel like he knows he's talking to Rolling Stone and he's still sort of putting on a show when he says "nestled against a tit" or whatever. Just sounds very rolling stoney. Also probably lying when he says he feels like they're friends

>17 replies
>still no John Milton

dartmouth.edu/~milton/reading_room/areopagitica/text.html

real talk man. Him, and to a lesser note, Peter Hitchens.

I love reading that generation of English writers: Huxley, Orwell, and Lawrence. The three are so different yet so good.

Nah he means that a lot of Orwell's work only drops from raids, garrison rewards, and from maxed crafting professions.

Montaigne

Kafka

>epic

Sorry, I don't want to help you.

Winner

Try pewdiepie

>favorite book list?
Where's his favourite book list?

He was butthurt that the Irish were better looking than he/all of England was.

> protestant """"""""""""""""literature"""""""""""""""""

no

he was a bigot

irishleftreview.org/2012/03/21/george-orwell-saint/

wahey lads look what we've got here!!!

But you just gave him one.
OHHH
Is this pomo?

Depends what you like. Reading Gore Vidal's complete 'United States' essay collection influenced my aesthetics more than anyone else. And not only that, his decision to write about all of the writers and events that influenced him acted as a great jumping off point for me as well.

A dilettante's Gore Vidal

lads.

Chesterton was certainly not epic, but he was honest