Why is is that two of the worse tasting artificial flavors, grape and cherry...

why is is that two of the worse tasting artificial flavors, grape and cherry, also the most popular flavors for cough syrup?

absolutely hated having to down these chemical syrups when I was a kid.

what the fuck were the taste testers thinking?

Pure evil, simply put. Maybe some sort of evil plan to profit from sales of fake flavors? I guess one more ingredient only means more money for them.

The thing is, I've made my own cough syrup with just dxm, propylene glycol ,water and sugar (I made it to trip off of). It was awful, yes,but far less than that satanic cherry flavor or that horrid grape.

You can't mask or improve the flavor of chemicals if they're too bitter anymore than pouring sugar into burnt rice makes it taste good. It just becomes burnt rice with inexplicable sugar,which is worse than just burnt rice. Bad example, but ugh, this topic grinds my gallbladder.

they wanted them to be palatable for kids, but not actually taste good enough that kids would seek them out and accidentally overdose.

I unironically love that "grape" flavor. Cherry a shit though.

Why the fuck would you mix it if you had pure dxm?

Amoxicillin was Banana flavored, and it was delicious when I was a kid. Of course, I was smart enough to know that it was medicine.

I had 500 grams of pure dxm and ended up doing all kinds of strange things with it by the three month mark. I made clay figurines out of dxm and the p. Glycol and would eat pieces of them, tried smoking it, snorting it and some things I shudder to recall. It was a very foolish and very odd summer.

Triamenic had an orange flavor that I liked as a kid.

this was a billion times worse than the cherry shit

How did you get half a kg of dxm and how much did you need to pay?
I haven't really seen any of the powder on any of the deep web markets before.

>robitussin cherry vanilla
>not so bad that you can't chug the entire bottle
>but so bad that you can barely keep it down long enough to get high as a kite
fucking kikes

It's not supposed to taste good dummy. Just good enough to be able to take it.

Fuck yeah that shit was so good. That's probably why they don't have it anymore. My grandma used to give it to us to get us to go to sleep when she got tired of watching us.

i like the fake grape flavor. i think maybe the reason we hate these flavors is because they're in cough syrup, rather than because they're straight up bad.
i had a cherry vanilla flavored cough syrup once and i havent eaten those flavors together since.

Fake grape is fine. I have no idea what is wrong with fake cherry, though.

YO WHERE DAT PURPLE DRANK AT?

Lemon redoxon is a delight

>tfw I loved the taste of this

>what the fuck were the taste testers thinking?

Probably that they were the lesser of several evils.

A lot of medication is very bitter. That requires a strong flavor to cover it up.

pure DXM is not well absorbed by the body. it is more soluble in alcohol than water, and binds with PEG, or something like that.

Legitimately enjoy buckleys original mixture, to the point of seeking out that flavor (closest I've found was "alpine" brand chewing gum, but I don't see it for sale anywhere anymore sadly)

I liked it

was just about to post this

God damn was that shit delicious.

Early 2000's it was easily attainable via clearnet.

It does nasty shit to your head though. Cocaine is less destructive

This shit was delicious, shame it gives you cancer

I wouldn't worry about sweeteners when you're taking tylenol/paracetamol of all things. The evidence for it rotting your brain and liver is far more conclusive.

Advil/Ibuprofen rots your intestinal tract, but that can repair itself better.

I meant asthma

dude do you have any idea how liver damage works

The liver can't repair itself if the owner is dead. The link between acetaminophen and increased risk of ADHD/autism is getting pretty strong too.

Unless you have to painkillers for multiple days/weeks I'd take my chances with advil/ibuprofen. Goes better with binge drinking too.

We need NOSH-aspirin/ibuprofen for OTC painkillers.

I would suggest that people hate cherry and grape flavor because of the cough syrup they got as a kid.

I dislike grape flavor and got that as a kid, a friend of mine cherry flavor and now doesn't like that. We both like the flavor we weren't given as kids.