Tfw cant decide if i want to be a writer, a musician, or a painter

>tfw cant decide if i want to be a writer, a musician, or a painter
/art general/ board when?

I like how your post seems to imply that being a writer, a musician, or a painter consists in frequenting the corresponding Veeky Forums board

Well are you actually good at any of those, or do you just assume it'll work out?

Then be all of them

I would assume he's going to pick one and then practice.

You're not going to get anywhere you stupid dumb fuck. Get an education.

If you end up doing what you love for a career you will end up hating it.

Leave it as something you can enjoy.

>If you end up doing what you love for a career you will end up hating it.
???

When you do something you love everyday because you have to, not because you want to, you will end up not liking to do it anymore down the track.

And then when you want to do something else you won't be able to because you have no real world skills.

But doing something you love everyday is the only way of becoming good at it.
>real world skills
what do you mean by that?

This. You are going to work the rest of your life. Doing monotonous actions over and over again. So unless you have creativity to keep pumping out art for a living thats simultaneously relatable to the masses to actually make enough money(or are wealthy), it's best to just do it on the side of a solid career.

I said doing something because you have to, not because you want to.

I play music and I am good at it. I practiced. Because I wanted to. But there have been times where I didn't want to. You don't get to have those times when you do it as a career.

You are stuck doing it or you won't have any food on your table.

choose the thing that you love most and do it
if you want to have a career than it would be the easiest to be a musician, it's hard to get publicized, even if you've written something good.

>it's best to just do it on the side of a solid career.
I cant into STEM
Would you preffer to be doing some data entry on a cubicle all day than sometimes not "wanting" to play music? You really dont love it? You really regret it?

i wish i could paint stuff like that

But I don't work in a cubicle. I run two businesses and do what I like on the side.

I get you're young, but unless you're 100% sure that you will be able to make a living off it like the 0.001% do, then it's best to leave it as a hobby.

you get those times that you don't play, but only when you had a big success in the past and you're getting enough money to live. Miles stopped playing for some years, he didn't even touch the trumpet that time.

Doesn't have to be stem. Many artists of all arts, for example, have started out as just being a fucked up person who tried to get a normal life for themselves and worked shitt jobs.

And everyone who isn't successful have to stop eventually anyway because they aren't earning a living. That's what happens to the majority.

I dont have anything else, is that or I better kill myself.
I dont think anyone who is part of the "0.001%" were "100% sure" that they would be able to make a living off it.

this is right, I remember some polish jazz artists playing on the street because they didn't have money to buy food. And they were really good, just a bit unknown and maybe too avant-garde for most people to buy.

The best option may be a job that isn't that tiring and taking a lot of time, so that you could still pursue your interest in your free time, but I guess that it isn't easy to get such job, and earn enough money.

Forgot this in my reply, I say solid career incase you don't think you would make it. If you still want to go for it more aggressively, get a job that pays good, but also gives you a little time. Get a trade like mechanic, carpenter, welder, or something like that. Not too long to get up in those fields, and you still got time to focus on other stuff.

Exactly my point.

Good luck OP.

And get a job.

What are some literary jobs?

>2016
>implying is not
Everyone knows the vanguard of upcoming years will be former anons, such as pic related

End this meme. The best artists, engineers and scientists commit to their craft and work at it even if it means marginal income. Wage labor is a side effect of our times, you'll probably need to take part but it doesnt need to dominate your life. Practicality is only useful as far as it advances the work youre living for. The average practical guru job prospect STEMfag is a pseudoscientist trying to find their own comfortable niche in the status quo instead of pursuing knowledge and discovery.

Cause I just kinda went back on what I said with
But okay.

why not kill yourself then they say death is the diciest art of all hehehe

nah bruh

share an example of your
>writing
>music
>painting
And let us decide for you, user