Spend 40+ minutes cooking something from scratch

>spend 40+ minutes cooking something from scratch
>finish eating it in 5, maybe 10 minutes
>it wasn't even that good

I wish I didn't suck.

and to think, for you it could have been the mcchicken, the best fast food sandwich.

I've learned my lesson.

do you ever learn? read up? first time cooker, still with mom?

>spend 40+ minutes cooking something from scratch
>finish eating it in 5, maybe 10 minutes
>it was fucking delicious
>Pile of dirty utensils, plates and cookware
>No dishwasher

Fuck I wish I wasn't poor. I hate washing up. I would cook more if I didn't have to wash up.

Recently moved out on my own. Lived with parents who mostly made up frozen stuff all my life and a controlling mom who wouldn't really let me in the kitchen.

I like to cook, I just have little experience.

>He didn't plan.

Did you at least meal prep the evening before?

good. best wishes, then. lurk Veeky Forums, watch yt. experient. Youll be fine

i like this thread

don't be a cunt

>don't have a dishwasher
>hate doing dishes so much that eventually all my utensils become plastic forks and paper plates

I lived with a girlfriend once in a share house with three other girls (never do this) and there was a schedule to do the washing up. For whatever reason one of the girls chose to make some kind of passive aggressive statement by not washing the dishes when it was their turn. She did this a lot. And I would end up just washing the dishes because I don't like piles of dirty dishes and wanted to use clean plates and cutlery. The third the fat bitch decided to just not clean any of the plates my girlfriend told me not clean them this time and bought paper plates and plastic cutlery for us to use.

They sit there for two weeks before I washed them.

Don't know why I posted that but your post reminded me of it.

Have you posted about this before? It looks familiar.

Nope. Not that I can remember anyway. Maybe back when roommate threads were a regular thing on Veeky Forums but I can't recall it.

Probably looks familiar because it's the sort of passive aggressive behaviour common amongst all women.

I'm just now climbing out of the dirty dish hole. am finally getting a bit more energy some days and am making a significant dent in them now. depression sucks. there was a while where if someone had invented disposable pots and pans, I'd have used them.

Gotta start somewhere.

A tip is to find one reasonably simple recipe, something basic, something you can easily learn how to do, and then do it every now and then, maybe once a week, until you really get into the swing of things and get comfortable with cooking, put on some music in the background, or a podcast, then cook this pasta sauce.

Get a large pot, heat it up (if your stove dials are in increments of 12, I suggest you put it on 7), drizzle in some oil you like, then:
>put in 100-200 grams of diced onion, fresh or frozen, let simmer while you do the next step
>dice up a fresh bell pepper, color of your choice (I like the green and orange ones myself), then toss that shit in with the onion and keep simmering
>remember to stir intermittently by the way, I recommend a wooden or plastic ladle
>now add 800 grams of fresh ground meat, be this beef, pork, or a mix, whichever works
>now stir this shit out thoroughly, make sure to hack away at the beef to separate it and stir it out with the other stuff
>now let this sit and brown for a while, make sure to stir now and then
>now comes the spices, you can use any basic kind of spice pack, like McCormick chili spice packets, or even texmex taco spice packets (two bags of say, Santa Maria should be enough for this), it's alright to to be basic here
>stir it out and let it continue it's simmering
>now pour in two cartons/cans of crushed tomatoes, you can use flavored or plain, it all works
>stir obviously, then lower the heat, like roughly half of what it's currently one
>let it sit and putt (with the occasional stir) for a few minutes
>now add either a small carton of cream, or roughly a large coffee cup of of creme fraiche, maybe two (how much you want I guess depends on taste, but it's way thicker than cream so it keeps the sauce thicker, also has more flavor)
>stir it out, now lower the heat to fairly low, and let it sit for maybe 5 to 10 minutes (remember to stir every now and then)
Done.

Why cook when you can eat McChicken for the rest of your life

It's a basic sauce, but it works with any pasta, you can even have it with noodles and rice. I really like it with fresh pasta, even storebought packages are good.
You could of course also make it with ground chicken, but I feel beef and pork have a better suited texture and consistency for this kind of sauce. Quorn also works if you want to.

Since it's basic, it's also easy to alter, add beans and a chopped green chilipepper and it's Chili Con Carne. Add another bell pepper of another color, a little can of corn, and chop in a carrot, and it's a stew, maybe add some mushrooms too if that's your fancy.

The nice thing is that this big pot will let you have a ready meal for dinner, and then you have several servings left afterwards, when you've eaten, go and take care of it, either freeze it, or make lunch for tomorrow.

For me, it's the Krag–Jorgensen.

Consider buying a small used dishwasher and have someone hook it up for you.
It'll help a lot by eating away at a lot of the chore and tedium of doing the dishes.

If it's worn and yellowed, run it once or twice with lemon acid, it'll strip out old yellowed staining from an old washing machine like nobody's business.

It might not fit large pots and pans, but it'll fit plates, utensils, cups and glass, and that's the tedious shit which adds up.
Rinsing and scrubbing out a pan or pot isn't nearly as tedious washing glass after glass or plate after plate, or utensil after utensil.

Ah right, another simple dish I'm fond of, which is easy to do and learn, is kind of a quasi-wok kind of thing.

>get frying pan, heat it and oil it
>put in about 100-150 or so grams of diced onions (fresh or frozen, either is fine)
>while it simmers, dice up a bell pepper of your choice (can you tell I'm fond of this vegetable?)
>green works fine here, but a mix of red and yellow I feel lends itself to a very pleasant fruity hint to the finished dish
>toss it in and stir it with the onion
>chop or dice about 100-200 grams of fresh mushrooms, put it in the pan with the veggies and let it fry with them, stir
>slice or cut up 150 or so grams of fresh bacon and plop it in the pan, fry it good
>spice generously with black and white pepper
>dash some paprika powder onto it if you feel
>if you like spice, add a little bit of cayenne pepper
>stir it out, optionally add some baby corn if you like that stuff and it fits in the pan

Little else to this. Goes just as well with basmati/jasmine rice as egg noodles. Feel free to top with peanuts on your plate for a bit of crunch and flavor.

Learn to cook a stable of recipes you know you'll enjoy that can be customized or have components that are used in other dishes.

Prep your ingredients in advance and do your washing up in steps as you cook.

What would happen if you just simply asked her what the fuck does she think she's doing, in front of them, regarding the plates. Then just be condescending towards her. Would you be in a world of hurt?

Not dish cuck but I'm guessing yes. If he would have called fat bitch out it probably would have resulted in a fight amongst the women. Probably to the point of one or more moving out unexpectedly and leaving dish cuck and his girl with the bill.

Wash your dishes as you cook. Even if you only have 30 seconds free at a time while something is simmering or sauteing, that's enough to at least wash a plate or two.

>Own a kitchen
>Nobody is allowed to use it

I'm not sure what sort of feeling this gives me but it isn't good.

>spend 2 hours making dough and prepping a loaf
>somehow fuck it up

Truly a rare but horrible feeling

I bought a counter top dishwasher for 500$ that washes only 1 plate a 1 glass at a time. I'm living the bachelor lifestyle so I don't care I just hate doing dishes.

Dishwasher breaks after 3 washes. Send it back for a refund. Now I was dishes by hand again. But man, those 3 washes were the best.

I'm sorry you'll have to go through a lot of these moments. Disappointments, sometimes rage even, I threw my pasta maker through the window out of rage because the dough couldn't keep it together. But successful moments make up for it.

I feel great every time I cook, even if it turns out badly, because it means I learnt a little bit more with every meal.
I want to keep getting better at cooking!

I feel bad when I fuck it up, but I don't do that too much.

Cooking can be bit daunting at times, but it's also so much fun!