Hopefully this won't take you guys too much time but I've been trying to solve this problem for the past 2 hours

Hopefully this won't take you guys too much time but I've been trying to solve this problem for the past 2 hours.

You're supposed to find both left and right hand limits respectively. Only problem is that every answer I end up with is complex (negative roots) and I'm currently studying real analysis at uni.

Can anyone walk me through solving this correctly?

Quadratic formula and imaginary numbers

your function is not defined in 6 and has no limit at all (in real analysis)

Can be rewritten as

[math]\lim_{x \to 6} \frac{x+2}{±\sqrt{-x-4}}[/math]

Hope you like complex numbers.

Just graph that shit to see what the limit is and work backwards.

> (OP)
>Just graph that shit to see what the limit is and work backwards

You need the imaginary axis you dumb whore

>has no limit at all (in real analysis)
>imaginary numbers dont exist unless I sit in a course specifically geared towards learning about them
literally retarded much?

Would solve but I got work at 8, brb at 10a

Factor the polynomial in the SQRT and you get something similar to this . The limit is equal to an imaginary number.

If you have trouble in the future, instead of spending 2 hours of your life, graph this shit out in wolfram alpha to get an idea for the solution and then go about solving it.

Well fuck you.

If you want to work on this function as a function from a subset of R --> C, then you can do the calculation of course, and you can do it much earlier with the transformation of the radicals that bring an i. And then you treat the two components of your complex function ( f = Re(f) + i Im(f) ) of a real variable (x).

But you SAID REAL ANALYSIS, considering this function being defined from a subset of R --> R. Did I MISREAD?? So why do you insult fecking faggot.

Only fucking bastards here, noone understands nothing about maths in here. You guys are all hype on wolframshit and fucking imprecise reasonings and calcuations.

Fuck you OP.
Fuck you all pussies.

>noone understands nothing about maths
So everyone understands something about math?

Its 0 m8

>imaginary numbers don't exist
>doesn't realize all numbers are imaginary
kys senpai

f[a]m autofilters to senpai

srsly guise

Well when you change the problem to a simple one of course it is easy.

Now what about the question OP asked?

you get plus minus 8 over sqrt(10)
so limit does not exist
simply break the polynomial into linear factors and use absolute value because of sqrt

holy shit
how many retards and/or baiters (the set of baiters is included in the set of retards, which includes almost every single bullshitposters in this thread) are in here
and where is fucking baiting OP btw?
>fucking bastard gets rid of - in the lower radical
>fucking bastard is either stupid
>but time is being wasted with this very shitty answer

(-x^2 +2x +24) = (6-x)(4+x) =/= (x-6)(4+x)

>real analysis doesn't use complex numbers

rudin introduces complex numbers on page 12

limit is [math]\pm4i \sqrt{\frac{2}{5}}[/math] from left and right, respectively