Are there any health benefits to going vegan as opposed to just eating meat in moderation and eating alot of vegatables?

Are there any health benefits to going vegan as opposed to just eating meat in moderation and eating alot of vegatables?

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritionfacts.org/2016/10/11/what-about-eating-just-a-little-meat/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3565018/
jecgonline.com/article/S0022-0736(14)00165-4/abstract
drmcdougall.com/2013/12/31/walter-kempner-md-founder-of-the-rice-diet/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1973470
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Ornish D, Gould KL, JAMA 1995
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanic_paradox
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23327278
onlinepcd.com/article/S0033-0620(14)00139-X/abstract
nutritionfacts.org/video/the-hispanic-paradox-why-do-latinos-live-longer/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26657045
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

To get the same effect on high cholesterol you'd have to go to meat and dairy in very strict moderation. Beyond that just the benefits of a diet more likely to be high in fiber and low in saturated fat.

No. Vegans being healthier is pretty much mistaking correlation for causation. The only reason vegans seem healthier is because people who choose to go vegan are usually already health conscious to begin with.

It tends to turn people into really arrogant and smug douches.

Basically this.
Not that there aren't vegans with pretty unhealthy diets.

I don't know the exact veracity of this but supposedly a lot of vegans eat way too much soy (beans, tofu, cheese, all kinds of substitutes), which in men can cause gyno.
Again, just hearsay, but if I ate a lot of soy I would probably do a lot of research on it.

It's not hearsay. Unfermented soy is a phytoestrogen. However, tofu is fermented and the compound is altered so it's safe for men to eat. Also beans contain vitamin D, which improves test. No reason not to eat beans.

There is good cholesterol, and there is bad cholesterol. Reducing it across the board is just malnutrition.

I think most of the health benefits that APPEAR to result from veganism come from simple avoidance of toxic additives.

They can't take in much high fructose corn syrup, vegetable oil, margarine, trans fats, excess salt, etc. Notice that none of these obviously toxic things are actually non-vegan.

Eating asparagus on a daily basis demonstrably lowers the risk of dying in a truck at night. Because night time truckers are unlikely to eat asparagus at all. Statistics are much more specific than they pretend to be.

...Tobacco is also vegan-friendly, now that I think about it. But who ever heard of a vegan smoker?

Correlation is not causation. There's a hell of a lot of correlation to being a vegan. It's a high-income subculture.

It's easier to go overboard with meat

"good" chol is only good bc it reduces the effect of the bad. get rid of bad and the "good" chol is useless.

none of those things you listed arent vegan retard. i eat a shitton of fructose.

and the studies done are a lot more specific than that.

not hard to figure out. animal products are unhealthy. thats why you think theres a huge correlation between vegan and healthy. yes, replacing animal fat with unsat plant fat is healthy. not eating high fat high chol high salt meat and eggs is healthy. not eating hormone filled igf raising animal products is healthy. shocker.

literally search youtube for vegan $5/day

You seem to lack reading comprehension skills

And no I am not the user you replied to

Guess what? You just lost 5 years off your life with the stress that comes with some obsessive-compulsive diet fad.

>i eat a shitton of fructose
Breh, that shit is a ticket to pancreatic cancer.

If you look at a fruitarian diet, that not only puts strain on the pancreas as it is, but it also increases the likelihood of pancreatic cancer.
Steve Jobs gave himself cancer with his lifestyle.

I would start checking just how much fructose I eat if I were you.

Even compared to vegetarians, vegans have the lowest levels of diabetes, and lowest recorded BMIs.
nutritionfacts.org/2016/10/11/what-about-eating-just-a-little-meat/
Also the lowest risk of cancer:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3565018/

How about back in the 1940s when a doctor took regular omnivores suffering from hypertension, and kidney failure and institutionalized them, cut off all their drugs, and put them on a rice/juice/vitamin diet and documented major improvements after the fact with monitors of bloood pressure, blood sugar, and EKGs.
jecgonline.com/article/S0022-0736(14)00165-4/abstract
drmcdougall.com/2013/12/31/walter-kempner-md-founder-of-the-rice-diet/

Or when Dr. Dean Ornish proved using angiograms & PET scans that you could reverse the formation of plaques and heart disease using only a plant-based diet intervention back in the 90s?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1973470
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Ornish D, Gould KL, JAMA 1995

>rice diet
Enjoy that nutritional deficiency.

>There's a hell of a lot of correlation to being a vegan. It's a high-income subculture.
There is the "Hispanic Paradox" where it is know that they as a group in the US are pretty poor and less insured, but despite thishave the lowest levels of heart disease and mortality of ANY of the major races.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanic_paradox
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23327278
onlinepcd.com/article/S0033-0620(14)00139-X/abstract

Mostly now it is thought to be because they consume a lot of resistant plant starches, specifically beans which are cheap as it gets.
nutritionfacts.org/video/the-hispanic-paradox-why-do-latinos-live-longer/

>ITT: How can I get, and show my obssesive-compulsive neurosis more clearly?

You could also eat veggies most of the time and eat meat occasionally, that's what I do

A balanced diet is best diet.

We're omnivores for a reason.

Literally no. It's a high income subculture.

That means they don't work in construction sites or oil rigs or other dangerous trades. Massive drop in mortality from that alone.

More women are vegans than men. Women have a lower all-cause death rate.

Veganism is a new trend. Most vegans are under thirty years old. Young people are more vigorous and resistant to disease.

As I said, vegans are non-smokers.

The average vegan is a 25 year old woman non-smoker who works in an office and is the daughter of a white collar professional and lives in an upscale, low-crime neighbourhood.

Do you see how this starts to add up?

>not eating hormone filled igf raising animal products is healthy. shocker.
American problem for americans.
Garlic is fertilised with human shit in China. I don't consider garlic from, say, Spain unhealthy on those grounds.

Cholesterol has valid bodily and cognitive functions or we would not produce it at all. You can't argue with nature.

I'm not arguing with you on this point. Starches are underestimated, as is probiotic food. Modern guts are seriously neglected due to our prudish fear of farting and stinky fermented food - very similar to white vegan's terror of icky meat that comes from, like, animals! With blood, eww!

Hispanics probably have dietary practises that are worth studying and emulating.

But Hispanics are not exactly the most vegan people on earth. Veganism is extremely white. Come to think of it, that's yet another factor that would lower the vegan mortality rate.

White (usually WASP) female aged 25, upper middle class background, crime-free neighbourhood, non-smoker, white collar job with not even much risk of getting a papercut these days, avoids vegetable oil and corn syrupy junk food, low exposure to second hand smoke because her friends are either non-smokers or courteous smokers, does not eat charred and carcinogenic barbecue food. It seriously fucking adds up.

...Yet another point:
-Upper-middle and upper class people don't have much of a sweet tooth. They cringe at the sight of whipped cream.
-Health conscious people avoid sugar.
Sugar is cancer. It comes from a plant called the sugar cane. Vegans avoid it almost as much as they avoid tobacco.

no
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26657045

By now you should know that any extremist views