Is Postmodern lit REAL NIGGA literature?

Is it the most superior type of literature? Why or why not?

It's the most relevant to our times, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the best or that all of it is good.

Not even close lol.

It was a necessary movement of self-consciousness, but it was really bad in developing it.

It's just a stepping stone towards a more enlightened and more sincere genre of literature.

Don't listen to faggots like this though Pretty much anyone who starts talking about sincerity and "enlightenment" has no clue what they're on about.

Don't listen to faggots like this though Pretty much anyone who starts talking about how people who start talking about sincerity and "enlightenment" have no clue what they're on about has no clue what they're on about.

>more sincere
Arguably the next developing literary movement is post-sincerity (or post-irony, depending who you ask, but imo post-irony is just dedicated absurdism), so I don't think we're headed in the right direction.

neh
postmodernism is basicaly postsincerrity
>inb4 im wrong and have no idea what postmodernism is
heh now you cant argue me

There's no need to "argue" you because you're patently retarded.

You're wrong and have no idea what postmodernism is

>what is modernism
there's a start

lay off the memes, they'll rot your brain

>post-irony is just dedicated absurdism

intriguing. could you explain further?

Not him, but:

Irony can be viewed as a kind of reaction to the absurd, as a coping mechanism. Sincerity in the face of the absurd is an open eyed rebellion against the nature of the universe, namely Camus's recommended reaction. New Sincerity is absurdist.

Pre-modernism, romantic = wish fulfillment
Modernism = realism, "truth"
Postmodernism = truth? Hah, you're funny, no such thing
Post-irony = wtf I hate postmodernism now

the next logical step from pomo would be "truth? Fuck it, I'll make my own"

That's what I'm trying to write, at least.

No, because absurdism is knowing; sincerity is supposed to be naive and post-irony wants to pretend it can unlearn nihilism (it can't).

>implying there's any talent to discern in this picture

It's ironic, get it?

Modernism was the richest literary period although Romanticism gave the two best works of all time.

You're all pathetic blathering retards. Stick to reading books; leave thinking about them to the professionals.

>Thinking you need qualifications to appreciate art.

Fuck yourself you cunt