I can't tell you who I am but I can tell you our company is working on a PC exclusive mass-eefect inspired RPGMMO

I can't tell you who I am but I can tell you our company is working on a PC exclusive mass-eefect inspired RPGMMO

We created a bomb the size of a football that has a yield of 5 million megatons (100,000 times more powerful than the tsarbomba)

detonated on the surface of Earth, how fucked would shit get?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawking_radiation
nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/classic/?lat=40.72422&lng=-73.99610000000001&zm=3&kt=5000000000
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Oh, a Hawking bomb, huh? Yeah you'd splat the earth like a grapefruit sitting on C4 with one of those. Even if it was football sized you'd probably dealing with your mass in the form of loosely packed neutronium before collapsing it into a black hole. So your little football will weigh several tons but yeah. Total annihilation would be easily attained.

*251 tons

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawking_radiation

nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/classic/?lat=40.72422&lng=-73.99610000000001&zm=3&kt=5000000000
>there is now a texas sized crater on the surface
>flash burns around half of the earth
Just like your typical yellowstone eruption. Just brighter

could you use it to crack the earth in half if it was buried deep enough?

>>there is now a texas sized crater on the surface

wouldn't a a crater that large expose the Earth's mantle?

>RPGMMO

You are a disgusting excuse for a human being.

>2.092e+22 joules
Why do I get the feeling that your football-sized supernuke is heavy enough to warp spacetime before you even detonate it?

Could be just a few kilograms of anti matter.

>mass-eefect inspired RPGMMO
eclipse phase is better

I suppose it must use exotic materials because its not possible to contain enough nuclear stages to create such a large detonation before the stages are damaged by the preceding explosion. Thr tsar bomba was likely the limit for thermonuclear weapons. If youre talking about the concussive effects, then its not too much different from massive eruptions throughput history. Just compare it to those really. Most likely a lot of material is kicked up and there is a 'nuclear' winter. Aside from that the concussive wave would probably destroy a lot of infrastructure around the world and communications around the world would completely break down. All countries would be overwhelmed by internal issues so there would be little international cooperation etc etc

Gravity does not work like that

you'd need a lot of magnets to keep a few kilograms of antimatter suspended
the bomb being the size of a football is retarded

Then it's a football sized blob of anti matter shot from space, exploding when it comes in contact with the atmosphere.

tsar bomba was 50 megatons. the soviets also built a 100 megaton tsar bomba but did not test it due to the fear it would ignite the earth's atmosphere entirely. to the 50 megaton test blew out windows a thousand miles away in finland and every test animal in a 4 hundred mile radius was blinded.

the biggest united states test was less than a quarter of the load as tsar bomba- it still managed to blow a hole in the ozone layer.

years later whilst oxcart/sr-71 blackbird was being tested, pilots reported dark blobs appearing on their screen as they cruised at 90 thousand feet. turned out to be dead insects blasted up into the upper atmosphere by the thermo-nuke tests.

it was around this time (early 1960s) that the cia began developing drones, mainly because the oxcart testing proved pilots were pushing their capabilities to fly at mach 3 for prolonged periods. there is no official record to prove they were able to comfortably control drones reaching speeds of mach 8-9.

this is all a moot point however when you consider the best way to deliver a nuke hit is to have devices in the general situ of the cities/military sites you want to destroy.

no fly time aka no warning via a radar beep. gone. forever.

That's not the tsar bomb.
There's only one piece of footage of the detonation. Pic related.

That's a fireball larger than Mt. Everest.

Be easier to just drop a rock rather than going through the effort of making a few kilos of antimatter and using it as a bomb. If this is a Mass Effect inspired setting they'd have the capability to get something up to a decent velocity and smack the shit out of somewhere with it. The blast in is that sort of level.

>tsar bomba was likely the limit for thermonuclear weapons
Nope. There is no theoretical limit.

50 megatons of tnt is not the limit of a thermonuclear weapon. The original design had a yield of 100mt, and if for some reason you wanted to, you could go past 1000mt by turning a building into a nuke

Definitely. I'd be interested to see the way the outer core reacts when almost half the overlying weight is removed.

>but did not test it due to the fear it would ignite the earth's atmosphere entirely.

That sounds like bullshit. My guess would be that they stayed with 50 because

A. They didn't want to pilot killed
B. They didn't want to destroy a huge portion of the ozone layer

they could have made the tsar bomba bigger, but it would have killed the pilots