Anyone here have a Veeky Forums job? I've just started working as a proofreader. Bit antisocial...

Anyone here have a Veeky Forums job? I've just started working as a proofreader. Bit antisocial, but you do get paid to just sit and read all day, so I imagine it'd be perfect for some of you guys.

Nope, I work as asset protection.

Where do you work if you don't mind me asking? I just submitted a bunch of job applications to various publishing houses.

My dad is an editor/publisher, and up til now has been a one-man operation, but has too much work at the moment so has taken me on to help. So I got lucky, basically. Doubt it'll turn into a permanent job because I don't think he's looking to expand, but it's a nice earner over summer.

1st year lawyer

I get paid $90/hr to read and write. Does that count?

Well, you get paid to read the most boring and dry literature ever so yes, but no.

>boring
Look who's never read Posner, Scalia, Kagan, Hand, Holmes, etc.

there are great legal writers who are true prose masters. I don't read them in my daily life. I'm a corporate attorney so I'm really just paid to think and solve problems.

Ironically my first job was reading a 450 page legal textbook. It was dry as fuck and took me a full (working) week to get through, but I'm pretty much an expert on consent now.

Find any loopholes?

>Veeky Forums job
if you do, you arent a decent writer.

the best writers dont just blanket themselves in books. go get a real job and get real world experience you brats

Nothing out of the ordinary really, just various situations in which the mens rea was absent which might make the defendant not guilty. If the communication wasn't clear, if consent was revoked halfway through and he stopped but not immediately, things like that. Wasn't just about rape either, it also stretched to mercy killings, euthanasia, tattoos, BDSM, sporting injuries, etc.

Although if that was just a cheeky comment about me being a potential rapist and needing to find a loophole for my own legal defence:
>implying I've even touched a girl in years

>Holmes
>Great legal writer

pls, literally the worst associate Supreme court judge in American history.

>judge
Obvious non-lawyer, opinion disregarded.

>Jail people for several years in direct violation of the First Amendment, because of a "clear and present danger" bullshit justification he pulled out of his asshole
>Good lawyer

You can disagree with him all you want but that doesn't change his skill as a jurist. It just means you have different legal theories, which, if you aren't a lawyer, are most likely grounded in nothing at all. It's really shocking how little the layman knows about the constitution and how it works.

Well, what I know, is that the First Amendment is very clear that no one can create a law in America that makes it so criticizing your country's participation in a war becomes unlawful.

I'm sorry, but either the constitution means what it means, or you can throw it out completely.

Look, I don't agree with Holmes on a lot of issues but you clearly know nothing about constitutional law.

"Give me freedom, or give me death"

It's pretty clear

I get some editorial assistant work from time to time (maybe 2 or 3 days per month). But mostly I stock shelves at the supermarket.

>he rates Posner, Scalia and Holmes

Should be starting a library assistant job on the 9th.

Pretty excited desu senpai.

What's the pay like?

If you don't think Scalia was a good writer, you are literally a retard.