We post our birth books

>best literary work of the year we were born in

pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_in_literature
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Crossing by Caramel McArthur

Ayy lmao

It wasn't the best literary work, it was just the most work put into a piece of literature. Wallace couldn't tell the difference, because he had so many mental issues he sort of just was one single mental issue.

this desu

you sound angry for some reason

>'97
'96
Holy shit, back to your crib kiddos.

the remains of the day.

The Epic Of Gilgamesh

>20 years old
>kiddo

Okay pal

Me too! hue

Absolutely, yes. You probably think that you have a relevant opinion on this board too lmao

Now I feel quite old tbfh

Too old for Veeky Forums

Tbh :^)

The Remains of the Day or All Souls

>born in 1997

Holy fuck.

>20 years old
>kiddo

Absolutely, yes, kiddo. As a 28 year old now, looking back on 20 year old me... wew lad.

lol 20 year old me was retarded. I used to hate teenagers. now I hate 20 somethings.

Ayy lmao

I haven't read it, but looking at a list of new books that year, I'd have to go with DeLillo's Mao II because all the other authors are shit.

American Psycho by #freeMilo

I'm very very very very very very very very very very very very very skeptical anyone born in 1997 has the literary chops to appreciate Mason and Dixon. Most likely you are a memer who has read nothing of the Canon except Camus and Dostoyevsky and then dived right into Pynchon and champion M&D only because Veeky Forums does.

Into the Wild and Fight Club are my favorites from 1996

>dived
Opinion disregarded.

Jesus Christ, why is Veeky Forums so youngfag?
I imagine most of you guys as skinnier Harold Blooms with a larger contrarian complex.

M&D is NOT a hard read my friend and doesn't allude to the 'Canon' as much as you think it does.

English major college kids trying to prove themselves I reckon.

nah

>M&D is NOT a hard read my friend

Overall M&D is readable and certainly easy compared to Gravity's Rainbow, but anyone who emphatically declares that M&D is not hard *at all* clearly did not read it.

How many times during some scene where everyone is rambling on at some pub did I have to read shit multiple times or look something up. A lot.

"nah"

damn you are dumb

I only ever come on this board right after finishing a book. I finished Schoolgirl by Osamu Dazai today

I'm more of an /int/ guy desu

economics personally

this
if you think 20 isn't a kid you're fucking kidding yourself, kiddo

Beloved 1988

Am I too old for Veeky Forums? I feel for every normie meme and still ended up a Manchild on Veeky Forums. STEM degree, gf, weightlifting, varsity sports, "going out", etc.

Looks like nothing of particular interest was published in 1989.

the remains of the day you cunt

I would imagine that most 4channers are NEETS so they would have the time to read these memes

>Am I too old for Veeky Forums?
1990 here. there are a lot of mid 20s here. depends on the board though. /mu/ is easily one of the youngest

Never read it, but thanks for the heads up.

>pic related
Hyperion by Dan Simmons

nigga you old

that's a shit book though

Seconding American Psycho

>25 in a week
>want to die
>can't die
>Stormlight #3 isn't out until next year

Nuthin' personnel, kid.

probably this, I've never read a book from 1993

I've read it. It's really good.

Sorry, but you're wrong. Best book from our birth year is objectively pic related.

really though, it's Wayside School is Falling Down

What about pic related, have you read it? Totally forgot about it.

So that's why the 90s' cool kids were satanists

I've never read it but I hear it's supposed to be good.

No, it's one that's been on my to-read list forever and just haven't got around to it. Never realized it was from 1989, though.

Jurassic Park, nigga

/oldfag/

AAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Every FUCKING day with these STUPID fucking MEMES! I've had it up to HERE with stupid fucking memes! You guys make me want to KILL MYSELF! Is that what you fucking want? For me to fucking KILL MYSELF and write on my suicide note "Cause of suicide: Couldn't handle all of the stupid fucking memes, killed myself"? Because that's what it might as well fucking say!

You guys are literally, L I T E R A L L Y incapable of having even the SIMPLEST of fucking discussion without "MEME THIS, MEME THAT, PROBABLY PINECONE BE CHILLIN, HERE'S A PIC OF INFINITE JEST BY DAVID FOSTER WALLACE, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EBIN AMIRITE?" Fucking STOP IT you pathetic fucking FAGGOTS, you are such fucking cancer that I cannot even fathom how you fucking scumbags live your dumb gay lives. Don't you have a job to get to, schoolwork to finish or a family to attend to? Do you literally do ANYTHING productive with your lives other than post stupid fucking memes on the literature section of a god damn anime imageboard? You fucking people make me sick and you're damn lucky I don't have any of your fucking addresses you fucking pieces of shits. I'd spit in your faces.

What an awful cover, literally has the ending on it

I have been meaning to read more DeLillo after White Noise, so I guess this might as well be my next one.

This.

i guess

Nigga you old.

t-thanks, kiddo

I'm not but I want to add that I've also read this novel and it is one of the finest books I've read that was written in my lifetime, far better than Wallace, post-GR Pynchon, etc. etc. I absolutely loved it, and I'm not a huge DeLillo fan (although I enjoyed White Noise and Libra enough to comb through his oeuvre).

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_in_literature

Since I cannot accept Indian in the cupboard or the color purple, I'll say pet semetary.

>tfw you realize you're discussing literature with actual children
phew lads

82 was a terrible year.

Either this or Vollmann's Butterfly Stories.

>20 year olds
>Actual children
How come society views usn as children but still expects us to actn like adults?
Like why do i ha ve to get a job? why can't I just stay in my room eating my chicken tendies and reading david foster wallace, MOM? HUH? WHY CAN'T I JUST EAT MY TENDIES AND READ BIG DAVE
WHY DO I NEED TO WORK
I DIDNT ASK TO BE BIRTHED, YOU FUCKING SOW
THE ONLY TIME I DONT WANT TO DIE IS WHEN IM DISCUISSING LIT WITH MY BROS AND ENJOYING, SAVORING THE IMMACULATE TASTE OF CHICKEN TENDIES
MY ONL,Y RESPITE FROM MY CONSTANTS CONSISTENT PLIGHT IS SLEEPING, READING OR POSTING ON MY FAVORITE BOARDS
I'M NOT MADE TO WORK
I AM NOT A BIOLOGICAL MACHINE PROGRAMED TO DO THE BIDDING OF THE LESSER
I AM PROUD TO BE NEET AND SHALL STAY THAT WAY EVEN IF I HAVE TO LEAVE THIS SUFFOCATING PLACE AND SLEEP UNDER A FUCKING BRIDGE
JUST BURRY MYSELF IN A COCOON A WOMB OF TRASH OF REFUSE AND INCUBATE IN THE FILTH PRODUCED BY THIS DISGUSTING BLOATED SOCIETY
FILTH LIKE ME RIGHT, MOM? NOT LIKE MY BROYTHER NO, HE'S FINE, HES A SHINING BEACON OF WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY
HE'S ACTUALLY LIVING YOU SAY
"LIVING"
AS IF THAT'S WHAT HE DOES

Sorry i just needed to vent. I know you guys understand
sorry for any typos, i just got done eating and need to go wash my hands.
ill be right back to answer any replies

i think you just answered your own question

Care to elaborate?

Born in '89

'97 reporting in.

Am I a 90's kid or a millenial?

Incredibly forced.

>tfw no one is wiling to even try to like understands my perspective

1988 coming through, losers

We do user, we just reject it because it's the same garbage my friends spouted in 2000.

90's kids are millenials.

as a 20 year old yeh u right lmao

We are 00's kids, also what said

>>>/crib

I don't know, what's the best book of 1980?

Kidding me?

If you're 18-34 you're a millennial you shit.

Artificial Respiration

And where did I say otherwise, you anal cunt?

>being born
How tragic.

good band