I finished reading The Sound Of Waves, i loved the prose but it was too happy for me

I finished reading The Sound Of Waves, i loved the prose but it was too happy for me.
Did Mishima wrote any sad, soul-crushing book?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/file/d/0BwGbhGWPReybN1dGcDFRYTA5dms/edit
bookzz.org/book/2597119/0320a0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>8357692
>Did Mishima wrote any sad, soul-crushing book?

Lol are you fucking kidding?

'no'

Basically all of Mishima's works are sad and soul crushing. Take your fucking pick.

Confessions of a mask
Forbidden colours
i like homo erotic mishima more.

>too happy

Depends on how you look at it. The ending kind of spoiled it for me where where Shinji credits himself, and not the thought of Hatsue's photo, that took him through the storm.

Then what work is the most soul crusing?

His Sea of Fertility tetralogy. He finishes the last book before he offs himself

Nice.
Thanks user.
I am more interested on suicidal mishima and nationalist mishima, but thanks anyway.

Please, God, just one dick pic.

>I am more interested on suicidal mishima and nationalist mishima

Read this.

docs.google.com/file/d/0BwGbhGWPReybN1dGcDFRYTA5dms/edit

It's literally just 50 pages, and fucking well-written.

Mishima was totally gay, right? There's no way you write Confessions of a Mask without being homosexual.

Also, armpit fetishes weird me out.

He was bi, wasn't that big a deal to him. He loved the aesthetics of youth, no matter the gender

Well, he was probably in reality bisexual if you ask me. I doubt someone who was exclusively gay would have a wife and children.

Fair enough.

I am reading Confessions of a Mask right now and it is all kinds of fucked up. Everysingle page reeks of his future suicide.

A lot of Mishima's shit was sad, but none of his works got to Dazai level soul-crushing.

Just uploaded one of Mishima's plays (Primary Colors) that is not in any of any the books collections, previously behind an academic paywall.

An excellent companion piece and in many ways the opposite to "Forbidden Colors", both dealing with homosexuality but in different ways

bookzz.org/book/2597119/0320a0

how was sailor a happy book? every single character was totally unlikable and some totally idiotic and crazy.

I wouldn't say mishima wrote sad books. there are definitely dark themes....but more like books for 20-somethings to motivate them to get off their asses with macho bullshit philosophy with romantic notions with very little basis in reality.

try kenzaburo oe's "the silent cry."

that's a pretty dark and fucked up book but very good.

Mishima told Dazai in person that he hated his work.

>Mishima told Dazai in person that he hated his work.

Just rival homolust

You sound like you've never read anything by Mishima

>Sounds of Waves
>Sailer who fell from Grace with the Sea

Different books brah

Na it was perfect. Would have been way too cheesey/cliche if it was the photo that got him through it

I've actually read 9 of his books. maybe more. 9 that I can remember well.

no. sound of waves is the only book with a protagonist who wasn't a quixotic brat.

>Fancy dinner party
>Mishma sees that scrawny little faggot Dazai across the room.
>Man-mode activated
>Struts across the hallway past all the effete writers and socialites
>There he is.
>Dazai's doped out of his mind from all the sleeping pills again.
>Mishima leans in
>"Dazai-kun ha b-baka!"
>Fucking nailed it, Mishima.

>ha

Could have done without it and delivered the same effect.