Would you give up cigarettes and hard liquor if it made food taste better?

Would you give up cigarettes and hard liquor if it made food taste better?

Hypothetically, of course.

I don't do either one...So yes, of course I would.

this isn't some meme, is it?

No because I enjoy doing all three

A lot of "foodies" seem to partake in either or both, although they massacre your tastebuds.
How do you feel missing out on 40% of the flavour.

I'm giving those up in 2017 because they ruin my life.

But if it's a choice between better tasting food, and booze and fags, I'll take the booze and fags.

>Hypothetically, of course.

>How do you feel missing out on 40% of the flavour.
It's a good trade-off I suppose

/thread

t. tobaccucks

*kills you with second hand smoke*
You tried to warn us..

>*kills you with second hand smoke*
he-he. Nothing personnel, kid.

I would give up food and starve to death before I would give up cigarettes and liqour.

Well, smoking cigarettes makes food taste like shit if you smoke right before eating. Cigarettes are disgusting and anyone of you who still smokes should quit. I don't really drink hard liquor too often so giving it up for me wouldn't be unbearable. Wine is still amazing with some good Italian food.

I gave up cigarettes early October, but then I started smoking tobacco out of a bong. But I would give up both before weed. And I would give up food (and cooking food) before weed.

Weed is for faggots.

I pretty much quit smoking around 6 months ago and it's really my sense of smell that's improved the most - which, yes, does play a large role in taste. All of a sudden I find myself sniffing my way around like a dog, like I have some kind of a super power with my newfound sensetivity.

Never heard anyone claim alcohol dulls your taste buds.

>inb4 op said hypothetically

Where do you think you are?

> Never heard anyone claim alcohol dulls your taste buds.
Drinking hard liquor straight seriously reduces sense of taste.

Although in my experience, it's only temporary.

Definitely don't drink anything 30%+ before or during a meal, if you want to really enjoy the meal.

Beer and wine are fine. They actually go really well with food.

Well sure, obviously drinking hard liquor with a meal is going to kill your taste buds, but it's not the same as with smoking where you have to quit for a few weeks to really start to get your senses back.

I don't smoke OR drink so yes, I would definitely. Also I'm pretty sure the numbing effects of alcohol and the odor and tar buildup of cigarettes would impact your enjoyment of food, so it's not hypothetical.

random fact: people born with dulled olfactory nerves are more likely to be sociopaths

I've smoked for donkey years and it makes no difference whatsoever to taste or smell.

I've given up for a couple of long periods too, never noticed a thing. Infact I can taste better than non-smokers when it comes to detecting seasoning or wines.

Don't post wikipedia links, I'm not interested but the dulled taste because of smoking is complete rot.

It doesn't

i used to smoke a pack a day and after quitting i didn't find food to smell or taste any better. i was looking forward to it, too, as it was one of my motivations for quitting.

Well, drinking wine makes food taste like shit if you drink right before eating. Wines are disgusting and anyone of you who still drinks should quit.