I amputate my arm i'm the same person. I do the other arm, still the same. legs, same...

I amputate my arm i'm the same person. I do the other arm, still the same. legs, same. how far can i go assuming i am kept alive, how much can i cut away and still be the same person

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

as long as you got a functioning brain, you are stlli you.

OP is getting ideas for torture

Identity isn't a real thing to begin with. It's a convenient fiction. There is no 'you'.

Theseus pls go

zenshits pls go

Unless you cut your dick off you are the same person.

>amputate limbs still the same person.

That's not necessarily true. Take Anakin Skywalker for example:

Before Anakin turned to the dark side and become Darth Vader, Anakin had HUGE potential; his midiclorians were off the charts, quite literally (since he was artificially created with the Dark Side by Darth Sidius, he was born of pure Force).

However midichlorians reside inside your cells, and when Anakin lost his limbs during the duel on Mustafar with his master Obi-Wan Kenobi (Kenobi had the high ground, and Anakin was not thinking straight), he also lost a LOT of his midichlorians.

Midichlorians dont regenerate or reproduce. The midichlorians he lost from his lost limbs would never be regained, which severely weakened him with the Force, compared to what he was before.

Take a look at his pre- and post- amputation power level to see the effect of losing his limbs:

>Anakin Skywalker: 27,700 (the absolute highest of all time by far)
>Darth Vader: 21,000
>Yoda = 17,700
>Luke Skywalker = 14,500
>Leia Organa Solo = 14,500

So as you can see, in losing his limbs, Vader essentially lost a massive amount of potential with the Force. This is why Luke Skywalker was able to contend with him (and still eventually lose) rather than just being obliterated immediately (Anakin theoretically had 2x Luke's Force level).

Vader could never realise his full potential and become the ultimate jedi/sith because he lost his limbs, and thus he was changed as a person.

>I amputate my arm i'm the same person
Debateable.

that was actually interesting thanks

>Luke
>14,500
Lol. What a mitochlorianlet.

so if you'd stitch a few amputated jedi arms to vader so he has the same level of mitochlorians as anakin he is the same person again? that makes no sense. a person is more than just his mitochlorian level. i think a man is what he is because of his actions. dead or alive of without limbs, he is what he is. pic related.

No i think it was already stated before that a person would suffer the equivalent of an organ rejection or autoimmune attack, making it impossible to harvest or gain more using someone else's.

what if you're a piano player, or a soccer player?

KEK

at least he was over 9000

or masturbator

Actually if you amputate your arm you will not be the same person. You will be minus an arm, this will affect your brain physically, and psychologically you will be different immediately, and not only that your person will evolve differently than it would have.

You're your brain.
It's not rocket engineering, people.

Wrong.

Try being a brain in a vat. No eyes, no ears, no sense of touch, etc.

This is what you're saying self is. You are retarded.

Self is the whole body, which is also what we experience.

you're simply retarded
we're not our "outputs"

You are literally never the same person.

/thread

Your body is your temple, protect and preserve it.

No.. it's immeasurable.. which is also the problem with advancing A.I.

This is probably the best response to a shitpost I've seen on Veeky Forums for years.

From your head to your dick and balls excluding the arms. Like that guy from the oblongs.

if you take an apple and cut it in half which half is the original half of the apple and which half is the half you cut off???

or do you actually now have two of the same apple?

If its interrogation that You are into then Self awareness is the wrong way to go. The fundamental idea is to use deceit and reward with bursts of Truth, removing body parts and organs lowers the lifespan of the subject considerably.

Teeth can be fun, especially if You can induce Rogue pain.

Furthermore removing useful body parts trying to make a person feel depressed and not the same person is a temporary measure and often times Useless as the Subject may be educated.

27,000 inch dick

He's correct. Arguing with him for fun, I'm sure would be. If otherwise philosophical and, a good deal pointless.

Every process we perform the brain is vital to. If this becomes about semantics. We are made up of also what our experiences are, once it's possible to transfer that comes immortality. Once it's possible to say delete something like specific memories from the brain, so would come the inverse even in life.

You'd still be you if, you next choose to identify that by your unique genetic sequence. Just not exactly the right consciousness, which I'd place as paramount.

kek

>You're your brain.
Actually with this I disagree. You are a process your brain carries out. There is a difference. Theoretically or in principle, this process which you call you could be carried out by other brains or even something completely different to a brain, like a computer.

You will not be the same person after amputating your arm. Your thought experiment failed from the get-go.

The body with which you interact with the world is an important part of your identity and thought patterns. Not to mention the experience itself would change you forever.

>I amputate my arm i'm the same person

No, you are not. You are missing an arm.

Remove your frontal lobe and "you" are gone at least the human part of you that is which is pretty much "you" all that is left is an impulsive sociopathic idiot.

banach-tarski apple

aghora

not sure if this is star wars shill or just a really ambitious retard

what if we replace a single neuron with an artificial neuron that performs exactly the same? would you still be you?

what if we replaced 10? or a million?

what happens to people with a split brain?

You aren't the same person. You're the person you were minus a arm/leg. You won't even experience yourself as the same person. You'll have to adjust to your new state of being.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus
This is not Veeky Forums. Impolite sage.

10//10

descriptive literalists pls become one

First, define 'person'.

No such thing as 'you' exists. There is only a body going about its business with an illusory self.

The human body is one long chemical reaction, that takes its own chemical reactions personally. That's what life is. An advanced chemical reaction, through and through.

Neuroscience is zenshit now?