Why are people so fucking comfortable talking about things they know nothing about?

Why are people so fucking comfortable talking about things they know nothing about?

The amount of idiots in bars who are right now confidently talking about economics, international relations, counter-insurgency, philosophy and so on despite the fact they've never read a single book on those subjects is astonishing. So is the amount of people on Facebook ranting against "Keynesian economics" or the "military-industrial complex" based on five-minute youtube videos they've seen.

What caused this shit? The internet?

Definitely. Before the advent of the internet no one talked about subjects they hadn't studied in a rigorous way.

>fucking 'normies' reeeee *inserts pepe the frogman of virginity*

t. vapid millenial

> hurr durr only let technocrats speak!

fuck off and not Veeky Forumsrelated

Sage!

The answer is that they aren't aware that they have no idea what they're talking about.

Who says people didn't read newspapers back in the day and talk about economics and shit.

I'm pretty sure there is evidence that medieval peasants would talk about knights and wheat too.

A combination of things really. First of all due to the internet making it easier and easier to put your opinions out there, people tend to assume that they SHOULD put their ideas out there, or that they're entitled to for no discernible reason. Secondly, social media and the pandemic obsession with celebrity means that people value any kind of attention, so they're more than happy to talk about stuff they know sweet fuck all about if it means that people will be listening to them. Then thirdly, and probably most importantly, is that people simply don't know that they don't know, and tend to massively overestimate how much they know/how proficient they are at something (Dunning-Kruger effect).

People should really read the Tractatus - Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.

>telling people to study before they open their mouths is only letting technocrats (lol) speak

because they're not self-conscious low test beta faggots like you

OP is an anger management missed class.

Collective intelligence beats most experts at quizzes. What is this snobbish assumption y'all are making?

>equating being dumb/ignorant with being manly

Now yell something about vegetarians and political correctness

A lack of inhibition is an essential part of being manly.

Most of you are gonna need trenbolone to actually understand this, so there's no point in me discussing this with you.

>Keynesian economics
>the military industrial complex
Because they see the effects of these things? You don't need to study either of them when the news is a constant reminder of how they "work".

This has always been the case with things. People have always seen the surface of ideas and constructed a submerged iceberg to appear interesting or to garner social brownie points. It's just now the Internet gives us more surfaces to scratch on and thus more complicated and controversial submerged icebergs to make up and you're exposed to much more people as well. nothing new man

Some aspects of these things really aren't very difficult to understand. What lead to the financial crash in '08, for example, or how war- and fearmongering are no so subtly perpetrated by a country with a huge arms business and sway in government & media. You don't need to know the atomic interactions of every water molecule in a kettle to understand if the water's boiling.

This has always been the case. I try not to talk about things I know nothing about, but even being aware of how bad it is to do so I still end up doing that shit too sometimes.

You could study fields such as philosophy for the rest of your life and still have a bunch of shit to read, it's unrealiatic to expect only experts to say anything about it. At what point is one justified to speak about philosophy then? When he's read every canonical thinker? When he finishes his Phil major, perhaps?

>get into argument with normie
>point out his logical fallacies and counter his points using real evidence
>he just laughs at me and points out I'm a manchild virgin
>"b-but that's just name calling and it doesn't-"
>"HAHAHAHA LOSER EVERYONE LAUGH AT THE LOSER"
>tfw lose every argument because of this

Why do normies have this much power?

Last night some of my older brothers friends came over to chill, smoke and shoot the shit and one of them got to talking to me about his theories on the dark side of the moon. Just before he could really get going I kind of shut him down completely, not in a rude way mind you, but I didn't really know the guy all that well and I felt like I squandered a chance to connect with him. I should have just kept my mouth shut.

Majority rule.

>'normies'

You aren't on /r9k/, you virgin loser.

>People should really read the Tractatus - Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.

How about you read the Tractatus yourself as well, ya hypocrite? If you did, you surely wouldn't have used that quote so far out of context.

>A Man should always be drunk Minnie, when he talks politics - it's the only way in which to make them important

-Sean O'Casey (Shadow of a Gunman)

Spotted the bottom bitch

Not everybody is autistic

Take the redpill, you beta nu-male cuckold.