They just removed all mascots on food packaging here in my country...

They just removed all mascots on food packaging here in my country. Also banned toys and non-edible content aimed to kids (yes, we don't have Kinder eggs anymore). Everybody is fucking angry even though this is needed to fight obesity.

What do you guys think?

Other urls found in this thread:

bakeryandsnacks.com/Regulation-Safety/SERNAC-sues-Nestle-Kellogg-s-and-Masterfoods
foodmag.com.au/chiles-new-food-labelling-laws-commence/
nytimes.com/2008/06/13/world/asia/13fat.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

NOOOOOOOOOOOO EL PERRO DE CHOCAPIC

>needed to fight obesity
All what's needed is parents to be parents again and actually control their kids.

I noticed it happen to my younger brothers. When I grew up I was ruthlessly told what I could and couldn't have and punished for stepping out of line. My brothers would get a "I can't force him to eat something he doesn't like..." YES YOU CAN.

sounds like a good idea

Don't see what's wrong with it.

I kind of agree, but I remember buying junk at school without my parents' supervision. Kids do things on their own.

>this is needed to fight obesity
so when this fails, what's going to be banned next?
thats insanely idiotic to think this will stop obesity. Did incredibly old people come up with this "plan"? Which 3rd word country are you in?

Is fighting obesity also why cereal costs $4,000?

Hahahahaha.

You think mascots cause obesity?

Are you stupid?

Japan is the homeland of mascots, everything has a mascot, and everyone is obsessed with mascots, and most of their population are skinny as fuck.

Stop blaming you and your kid's problems on everything but yourself and their parents. Take hold of your life by the neck and force yourself to be better. Removing a cartoon tiger isn't going to get rid of your body's cravings for sugar coated corn, only you can do that, through your own willpower.

That's fine, kids are supposed to push boundaries it's how they learn. As long as the rest of the time they are kept in check.

The real problem is they have to fight poverty and retardation.

Obesity was increasing in Japan, so they made the entire population get weighed and shamed the fatties and told them to lose weight. With companies and local government getting penalties if they had too many fatties.

Fascism, it works.

>What do you guys think?

I think it's silly but then again I don't really care that much. I buy very little boxed/processed food.

>Giving parents control over children education
We can't have that. Children may learn agency and responsibility and become too smart to control

>1g of fat per serving cereal causes obesity
>not oily greasy mcdonalds burgers and fries
>not 70% fat frozen dinners
>not high fat high mac n cheese nugget meals
>not milk that raises insulin growth factor
I think your country is retarded.

>The government will stop alcohol consumption by banning it
>The government will stop drug consumption by banning it
>The government will stop immigration by banning it
>The government will stop rape by banning it
>The government will stop bullying by banning it
>The government will ban racism by banning it
>The government will ban obesity by banning it
When will you people learn?

Which country? Can you please link a news article about it? And what's the reasoning behind getting rid of the mascots?

>A newly released Centers for Disease Control report of a study conducted at Stanford has examined the effects of San Francisco’s 2010 “Happy Meal ban.” The ban prohibited the free distribution of toys with unhealthy meals; the fast-food restaurants McDonald’s and Burger King instead sold the toys for 10 cents. Though neither restaurant complied with the ordinance’s specific calls for changes in nutritional content, improvements have been made.

>…over the study’s two-year period, McDonald’s in particular made big changes to its Happy Meals, said [Jennifer Otten, MD,] of the University of Washington School of Public Health — first in California, then nationally.

>The fast food giant cut the amount of French fries it serves in Happy Meals in half, replacing them with apples; stopped serving caramel sauce with apples; and began offering nonfat chocolate milk to customers. Otten said those substitutions were “pretty dramatic,” — they reduced the calories in a Happy Meal by 110, and cut the sodium and fat content of the meal as well.

>Otten and her colleagues, including senior author Abby King, PhD, concluded in the study, “Although the changes… did not appear to be directly in response to the ordinance, the transition to a more healthful beverage and default side dish was consistent with the intent of the ordinance. Study results… suggest that public policies may contribute to positive restaurant changes.”

over eating carbs is what makes you fat not fat dumdass

I know you were trying to be funny and troll, but the fat shaming thing is a real thing and it works very well.

Japanese kids are some of the most massive assholes on the planet and they are never disciplined until they near high school, so they completely rail on fatties through youth.

Once in adulthood, pretty much the only fat people you see on tv are comedians who pretty much have to make fat jokes about themselves. This is especially true of female comedians. Its also socially acceptable for anyone that is more than just a passing acquaintance to constantly ask you about your weight gain if they even notice a slight increase in size, until you slim down. If they are family members they can be as mean as the school children

Actually, overeating either or both makes you fat. Hope that helps, buddy.

Fattier foods don't make you obese. I am not sure if it is still the case, but years ago the French had a much fattier diet than Americans yet their obesity rate was much lower than Americans.

We've been on a high dairy, high carb diet for centuries in Northern Europe.

Soda, overeating and sedentary lifestyle makes you fat.

>paleo memes in 2016
>b-b-b-but rice and fruit stuffing kenyans are s's-super fat
>those carb stuf-f-fing asians are obese!!
This is why obesity is rising.

If carbs turn to fat but fat doesn't make you fat...why not eat even more carbs? You can't even form a coherent thought.

This. Call me when they ban siestas, you lazy spic.

Chile. Only found these news articles in English:

bakeryandsnacks.com/Regulation-Safety/SERNAC-sues-Nestle-Kellogg-s-and-Masterfoods
foodmag.com.au/chiles-new-food-labelling-laws-commence/

>over eating carbs is what makes you fat
you're retarded

agree'd
that eat smaller portions and drink alot of red wine which for whatever reason seems to keep them slimmer and have really low cholesterol levels

The distinction is whether or not it's the fat in the food or fat in your body. Two separate things. The "point" user was trying to make was:

Carbs turn to fat in your body very easy.
Fat you consume doesn't turn into fat in your body as easily.

>fat doesn't make you fat
t. i read a meme blog once

The ‘black octagonal stop-sign’ warning labels will apply to all solid food products which exceed the following limits:

‘High In calories’: 275 calories or more per 100 grams;
‘High In saturated fats’: 4 grams or more of fat per 100 grams;
‘High In sugar’: 10 grams of sugar or more per 100 grams;
‘High In sodium’: 400mg of sodium or more per 100 grams.

lol what kind of logic is that?

maybe the same that has your money on the thousands for a box of cereal.

keep at it youre doing great.

So, what do the calories turn into? Air?

>fat is actually not fat even though they have the same chemical composition
t. Veeky Forums health expert

>doesn't mention whether or not it helped in obesity
>likely no test and control group
>likely no testing at all
>just changes for the sake of changes so a couple women who likely sucked dicks for their titles can feel better about themselves

Whoa, stunning.

uh no he is not..
he is actually very correct.
low fat diets you may have lower ldl levels
but still be an obese land whale
carbs make you fat

The question wasn't whether it helped with obesity. The question was whether it improved the nutrition of children's fast food meals, which it ultimately did.

Any articles in Spanish, preferentially from Chilean sites?

Neither "make" you fat, you reductionist scapegoater. You can't demonize an entire macronutrient group. Humans survived off all four in history.

Chile

next thing you know is theyll remove street signs to avoid traffic accidents.

Soon everything will be in plain packaging with the contents written in default text

They've just done this to cigarettes here in the UK to try prevent new smokers, when I used to work retail it was a pain in the fucking ass

Larger animals tend to have sedentary lifestyles to conserve energy with spurts of energy expenditure. Before the 16 hour work days where you only got Sunday off during the Industrial Revolution, the fields of antiquity were fallow many months in the year and people lived mostly low energy lifestyles. Only during parts of the growing season did they have anything close to the vigorous lifestyles modern people think man had in past eras.

>4k for a box of cereal
Damn Paco

rip doggo

And voting for laws removing mascots is one of the ways parents are actually controlling their kids.

It's a really poor way to achieve that goal though, and it certainly doesn't teach their kids anything.

That garbage in OP image has 30g carbs per serving, some up to 50. Most kids I have seen don't measure out a serving but rather dump some into a bowl then bathe it with cow pus. Probably eating a days worth of a healthy carb intake in a single 'meal'. They then go on to slam multiple soft drinks a day.

Obviously eating too much of anything with make you gain mass but these products in the USA may be marketed as FAT FREE! but that doesn't inherently make it healthy.

People still believe cartoons get kids to do things like Joe Camel hooked an entire generation on cigs.

And any biology freshman would tell you that all that sugar is instantly converted into long-term fat.

>even though this is needed to fight obesity
>I can't restrain myself, PLEASE daddy government tell me what to do!
Cuck of the highest order.

>people not knowing calories in/calories out
Not gonna make it.

Wow, seriously incorrect. Take a biochemistry course.

>HALP GUBERMINT! Tell them to stop fucking my sexy kids ;(
No, keep your bitches on a leash and stop letting them wear lingerie as clothes. It is exactly the same thing.

When are we going to cut to the chase and just let the gubermint raise children.

god damn you are pedantic : okay smart guy
eating an excess of "carbs" and NOT doing enough physical activities to convert them into energy and burning them off, they are then stored as fat for expected later use by the body but because there is never an absence of fuel intake ..YOU GET FUCKING FAT OFF CARBS....

>Be gay
>Start smoking Joe Camel
>Thought I started due to self hatred and depression
>Friend points out camel is actually a penis

Fuck marketing.

>eating an excess of "carbs" and NOT doing enough physical activities to convert them into energy and burning them off, they are then stored as fat for expected later use by the body but because there is never an absence of fuel intake ..YOU GET FUCKING FAT OFF CARBS....

Except the same can be applied to protein, fats and alcohols. It's called gluconeugenesis. If energy is needed, energy is used; if it is not needed, it is stored. This occurs for all macronutrients.

>just let the gubermint raise children

I see you Podesta, you pizza eating, fake news crying asshole.

Everyone knows loli haets pizza. You know this. You have forgotten your roots Veeky Forums. For shame. You can't run a pedo ring out of a pizza place when loli haets pizza. It simply can't be done.

Must be shitty living in a leftist totalitarian nanny state, you fucking babbies.

See, this is how you can generate adipose from fatty acids. The fact is, for all macronutrients, you can utilize them to immediately fulfill energy needs but if you cannot, they must be circulated or stored as lipids or glycogen. Fats, carbs, alcohols, protein.

>tfw authoritarian statist
this makes muh dick hard

>was morbidly obese
>starting to lose mobility
>type 2 diabetic
>spend years hating myself
>realize it was actually my obsessive love of toucan sam making me fat
It was the hardest thing I've done in my life but I cut him out of it. I couldn't help it. Every time I saw that bird I had to eat a box of fruit loops.

>tfw I was that younger brother
>was a really picky eater
I'm not any more, thank god, and honestly I think besides being a little chubber in highschool and middle school, I think it was for the better.

>Liking a limited amount of food is a good thing, ever

Which is better:

A.) Being forced to eat a wide variety of foods and hating it but maintaining that diet out of routine.

OR

B.) Eating a limited number of foods that you liked eventually expanding your diet's variety of your own accord.

>A.) Being forced to eat a wide variety of foods and hating it but maintaining that diet out of routine.
Acquiring tastes IS forcing yourself to eat a wide variety of foods.

>not realizing kids have more sensitive taste buds
When I was 14 I wouldn't have liked a 10 week fermented pickle, but now I quite literally can't get enough

Hillary go away.

Eating a food out of curiosity, since it looks or smells good, or comes highly recommended isn't forcing yourself. You don't need to force yourself to acquire new tastes unless it looks very questionable.

Really made me think

Try telling that to any parent in this shithole of a country and you will get replies ranging from "I'm literally too lazy to do parenting" to "parents here are too lazy and irresponsible to do the parenting so the government has to do it for them".

Japan is a really fucked up society, I'd rather have some ambulocetae than live in that shithole.

Imagine what that did for sumo wrestling.

wena nido

How is this Veeky Forums kid

simpsons predicted the third world. It aint gonna work

>They just removed all mascots on food packaging here in my country.
>food packaging
>food
>Veeky Forums - Food & Cooking
It is always nice to meet new friends.

Kek who gives a shit about that nogger

If you look closely you can see a man with a boner

Check with your modern pack

> When are we going to cut to the chase and just let the gubermint raise children.

If the Jews can't convince parents to go along with it (and they couldn't in the end) no one can.

>"even though this is needed to fight obesity"
>leftycucks are actually this fucking retarded

Cartoon characters aren't the reason fat kids love high-carb high-sugar cereals, this is a bunch of do-nothing feel-good nonsense that allows the problem to continue by subverting time, money, and energy away from methods that would actually have an impact and put responsibility back on the parents even if it hurts their feelings.

If I was a tinfoil hat wearing maniac, and I am, I would theorize that maybe this is the result of lobbyists working for various cereal companies in an attempt to obfuscate so that willfully ignorant parents continue to buy their sugary cereals in large quantities.

I mean let's be real here. Part of the reason why we as children bought those cereals was because of the faggot ass animals/mascots. My dad insisted I should get the generic Walmart brand which objectively was very similar but I just wanted the damn cartoon characters on my cereal box.

Well done Chile

>Part of the reason why we as children bought those cereals was because of the faggot ass animals/mascots
No, not really. I liked the generic because it came in huge bags. That way I could eat huge bowls of not fruity pebbles.

Way to go Chile, you fascist fucks.

I think is just a relevant factor not a decisive alternative

Well you're probably a fatty. I wasn't that big into food when I was growing up to be honest, my parents had to struggle so I could eat. I sometimes just bought shit just to get the toys inside/collect stuff.

>needed to fight obesity
>fight obesity

Where do you live and how fast can we get mustard gas there?

Come over to my house and you can look for a distance.

does that dog have a death wish?

What country is that? Judging by the pic I'm guessing Spain or Mexico. Over here in the Netherlands they're also planning a comparable law. Sounds good if you're a weak-ass parent.

This too. The problem with fat kids is the parents. The kids may want Tony the Tiger, but it's up to the parents to realize that Tony makes kids diabetics.

>Fascism
Kek, far from it. It's not so much fascism as it is social control, which still works in Japan considering it has a collectivist, shame-based culture (as opposed to the Occident's individualistic, guilt-based culture). When a Nip is called fat, he doesn't put his feefees at the center of the world and cry about HAES at the top of his lungs, he bows his head in shame and accepts he has done something dishonorable by porking out.

nytimes.com/2008/06/13/world/asia/13fat.html

I don't doubt the fat shaming helps, but government steps in too.

Are there any countries which force restaurants to list the nutritional information of their food somewhere yet?

This is one of the stupidest things seen in my life, for real.

Maybe this was aimed for "fighting" obesity on kids because they like the mascot, but the responsability belongs to their parents, not the fucking mascot neither the company.

If your kid is fucking obese, educate him well, make him have better food balance treatment, stop going out there and buy every shit your kid says you to buy and stop fucking with some stupid cartoons on boxes jesus fucking christ.

america.

>"I cant be bothered to control how much my son eats, so ill let the government parent him for me :^)"

You stupid fucks deserve 1984

Kids can't drive to the store and spend part of a paycheck. I guess the idea is that fewer kids will want the product and so fewer parents have to bother telling their kids no?

New Yorkistan.