Are there any good books where the villain is a woman?

Are there any good books where the villain is a woman?

my diary desu

Where can I find a copy?

it would be misogynist to have a female villain

The Idiot, kind of

>villain

Stoner

The Old Testament

this t.bh

Edith is not a villain, she's not even the antagonists

If you reply to me ever again with that retarded fucking nonsense I swear to god I'll kill you in real fucking life.

Replying "my diary desu" as the first response should be an automatic ban.

>being this jelly that people don't wanna read your lame ass diary

All of them.

Seriously. I hate women. Dubs and women are awful.

real life

I think the main character is the antagonist in that one.
> bullies autistic kid
> makes fun of colleague for looking weird
> tortures wife with his sadistic mind games, shackles her to a life of boredom

More like
>doesn't let manipulative retard get ahead just because he's deformed
>see above
>lets his socially and emotionally crippled wife do whatever she wants

>actually has principals and sticks to them

If that's really your interpretation you are something else mate.

More like:
> doesn't realise he has a student with special needs whose emotional instability requires him to seek help
> doesn't realise that his colleague was just trying to help that kid the best he could in a time where mental health issues in men weren't discussed at all

That kid is like all the spergs on Veeky Forums, causing a scene because he needs attention, so that he feels like he's worth something. I feel very sad when I think about him. In fact, he is really the only sad part of that novel. I was actually so happy to see the main character die alone, he definitely deserved it considering how much of an asshole he is.

Avril Incandenza

You literally don't understand that book at all. He had a spazzy leg, why do you think his incapable academic work should be excused for that reason?

So you are saying we should coddle retards and hand them positions of power simply because they are retarded.

This is bait, and I won't reply again you fucking retard.

He didn't just have a spazzy leg, he clearly had some debilitating neurosis and probably aspergers. Just like your average Veeky Forums poster.

I only said that people with special needs should be helped, is that so wrong? Stoner did nothing to help him, and probably made his condition worse. Surely there were ways of dealing with him without making things worse, don't you think?

East of Eden?

Didn't he try to deal with him in a nicer way when he skipped his first class with stoner

I seem to remember Stoner having a sort of instant prejudice towards him upon seeing him for the first time.

Honestly it just doesn't seem like Stoner likes cripples and people with mental health issues.

this is the correct answer

I don't know. Stoner didn't even want to be on the judging committee, probably because he knew walker wouldn't pass.
The questions he asked were fair and most were easy (I could answer most without any literature education). A student applying for a PhD position should know those.

Maybe stoner didn't like cocky attitude both the cripples in the story had.

Manon lescaut

Except we only have Stoner's point of view, so for all we know this "smug" attitude was only in his head.

Can we really trust Stoner's judgement, given the novel is largely about a long series of mistakes that turn his life into a rollercoaster of mediocrity?

asoiaf

wait
you said good

most good books don't have a "villain"
anyways...

Lady Macbeth
Juliette
Job's wife
etc.

This is what makes stoner such a great book. Everyone I've talked to who's read it has different ideas about it. And the ideas are all about different parts or aspects of the book. It seems simple but is deceptively complex.

Serena by Ron Rash

>macbeth retelling set in depression-era western NC, still pretty good tho

not dubs, therefore women are not awful

this

the diary of Anne Frank.

also the protagonist.

101 dalmatians
i think i had a book of it when i was a kid
can't really remember if it was good tho

The Sun Also Rises

She was a total qt tho

Her tenderness toward Hemingway's stand-in character was so beautiful

The real villain was clearly the Jew

Alice in Wonderland

Did you mean Lot's wife, or is that just a highly original reading of Job?

The Three Musketeers. Murdery lady spy.

>dost thou still retain thy integrity? Curse God and die.
Job's wife told him to abandon his faith and kill himself.

One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Medea
The lion the witch and the wardrobe

How is Lot's wife villainous? Besides disobeying the angles (which isn't particularly villainous)

One Flew Over the Cuckold's Nest

Anything by the late Strindberg.

The human stain?

The first story in Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

Agamemnon

holy shit MODS GET IN HERE

Kys, virgin

This.
It's seems like a straight forward narrative to everyone yet everyone seems to have different views on what even happened. Myself always pitied Stoner a bit, if not pity I sided with him. He was caught up in a shitty situation and managed to find some beauty in his otherwise mediocre life. And some people saying the kid had Aspergers no he didn't at all from any viewpoint really he was manipulating people to get them to pity him because of his physical condition. The smile he gave Stoner when he knew he had him beat is very unautistic and the manipulation of people shows he's very aware of people's emotions.