I fucking hate Sriracha. It barely tastes like actual peppers and for some reason it tastes noticeably sweet

I fucking hate Sriracha. It barely tastes like actual peppers and for some reason it tastes noticeably sweet.

I have a friend that piles it on everything. How can you even taste the food?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambal
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I enjoy it for some reason.

I put tabasco on evrything

Tabasco is like 7000 times better then Sriracha. Actual fucking taste of peppers and none of that sugary shit.

Is that american sriracha? it's not sweet here.

Really? Why are Americans such fucking pussies when it comes to spices?

Fucking tex mex is proof that god doesn't exist. I've never tasted food so bland in my life before. And this was in Texas!

Tobasco and most vinegar-laden sauces are shit tier. Fight me. I agree OP Sriracha is for covering up flavors not enhancing them. I just had some on leftover cold porkroast, and all went well... because the roast sucked

Hey you little dipshit, first off. No one is forcing you to use Sriracha.
Second, do you eat a cheesecase and complain it's too cheesy and too sweet? wtf is wrong with you
Third, if you don't like the sweetness and the pepper taste being hidden under other flavors, then try Sambal
Now go be a nigger somewhere else

Because spice is classically used to cover up subpar cuisine

>2016
>sriracha still not word-filtered

mods do your fucking job

The best cheesecakes don't make you say "this is too sweet".

Fucking Americans put sugar by the bag load in every desert. Do they not have any sense of restraint? Why must I be fucking overloaded with a sweet taste? Why cannot it be more subtle. In the background.

Thank you for this Sambai suggestion. I'll check it out.

Looks like Sambal is made by the same company as Sriracha. And I'm liking the ingredients list.

Which non vinegar one do you enjoy?

This is correct.

Actually bought a bottle today. Tastes watery, grassy and slightly sugary. I don't see where the 'hot' comes from, nor am I a xD THAT'S NOT HOT fag.

You know sriracha isn't a brand, right?

friend got some sriracha flavor chips a month ago and let me taste one since i have always been interested in what sriracha tastes like but not wasting money on a bottle incase i dont like it.

what a fucking joke, its just tons of garlic with the tiniest hint of chilipepper for a small zing, the garlic is what gives it shitty tingling since theres so much

i love spicy food but this isnt spicy its just a heap of garlic
i hate garlic, such a shitty "spice"

Cuz they ain't a bitch like OP.

Tabasco is fucking vinegar, you faggot pleb.

Sambal is not a brand
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambal
There are different types of sambal, most common one is Oelek. Try them.

fucking this
Sriracha isn't even that great and is only popular because of whatever hipster meme status it has, but at least it's not sour vinegar shit like 99% of other hot sauces

We need to get to the bottom of this. Are there different productions of sriracha being sent to different countries? I'm in Canada and sweet is not a word I would use to describe it but I buy it from the asian market not the grocery store.

are you saying flavored chips taste the same as an actual food product?

any flavored chips taste nothing like what they are trying emulate

I think OP had ketchup not sirracha

We need to get to the bottom of this. Is everything upside down in Canada?

Just Samsung's camera drivers are.

It's supposed to go on seafood like a cocktail sauce

Same. A little Tabasco is good for enhancing flavors but it doesn't overpower, it compliments. Sriracha is only good for covering up the flavor of shitty food, much like ketchup.

Gotta get some Cha in you brah!

I had no idea they were not brands. The only sriracha I've ever seen is the one in OPs pic.

Definitely will be be digging more deep into this... Thanks!

Why are there so many Tabasco shills on Veeky Forums?

Why the fuck did you quote ?

It's so good with macaroni and cheese

how does it compare to huy fong cock sauce?

Make your own hot chili sauce.

The three jars on the left will make better hot sauce than you can buy anywhere on the market. No vinegar. Just fermented chili, small amounts of garnish (garlic/onion etc), salt, and lactic acid.

The second jar from the left is my best. Pickled lime and habanero. The lacto bacteria break down the lime rind and the citric acid breaks down the habanero. Extremely spicy, but it removes just enough heat so that it doesn't distract you from the fruity flavor of the habanero. Takes a long time to ferment though.

LOL @ OP

Too bad Lexus made a Sriracha car. You're opinion is forever fucked.

The brown stuff in the bottom of the third jar from the right is chipotle. That's the easiest one to make, and ferments in a week. Jalapeño, Serrano peppers, chipotle, and a couple garlic cloves in salt brine. After a week, dump it in a blender, purée it, and you've got a huge jar of better hot sauce than you can buy anywhere. It's mild enough that anyone can enjoy it.

Y'all should try that one if you spend this much time bitching about store bought hot sauce. One week and it's done.

Disgusting thread

Are you fucking retarded?

Tabasco or pic related if I want more heat

/pol/ get away

You have literally no idea what you are talking about.
The reason european food is so un-spiced is because we did not have the diversity of spices available in the rest of the world.
Deal with it.

You a fucking asshat man.

I bought Sriracha and Tabasco and I never use any of them. Absolutely meme-tier.
Why is spicy vinegar so popular?

I don't really put tobasco on foods except soup, too thin to actually put on anything.

But it is an incredible ingredient, can add a huge amount of flavour with only a few drops.
I like to put it in pesto and have a light spicy pasta.

Yas and ketchup is the Company that made mustard

ham is the company that made bacon

You can't taste the food, that's the point. When I'm eating my Shitty$5 chow mein from down the block, its not to enjoy it, it's so o don't fucking die

It's fucking chili ketchup, what do you expect?

Thai sriracha is different than North American. I have been to sri racha and eaten there by the disgusting dead fish trash seaside. The wild boar is what I recall the most. It's not a bad weekend spot for the BKK crowd. The amount of trash that the waves bring in is disgusting, though. If you want to swim (you don't) you'd have to wade through a couple feet of garbage. The people I visited there with were complete trash. One idiot got drunk and pissed on a homeless guys squat out by some rocks. I saw him awhile back outside a club and he acted like a dick to me so I will probably fight him if I see him again.

God, I hate this town.

Oh yeah, Thai sri racha is less sweet, more liquidy, and more pungent. North Americans wouldn't be able to handle it. In comparison ours is more like spicy ketchup.

I'm going back to Thailand in the spring to train at a Muay Thai camp and then I'll be coming back to the west to dominate a few fights and get on the fast track to UFC stardom. I'll wear a Pepe logo on my fight shorts so you'll recognize me. Screen cap this cause the next time you hear about me will be in about a year and a half on a UFC pay per view.

Tabasco is the best.

Then it's

>Texas Pete's

Then it's

>Frank's

>I have been to sri racha
you w0t?
but seriously, nice log post

Chili garlic ketchup but yeah.

I like it on salty Asian noodle dishes. Lo mein with sriracha is good stufd

>UFC stardom
>see me on pay per view

A real legend in your own mind. Since I've never seen, nor wiil ever see, a UFC fight, I won't be looking for you except in the gutter after you wash out.

I bought the Flying Goose 'Extra hot' version. I just added a few tablespoons of ground horseradish to it because it's not that good. Or hot.

yeah you gon hafta teach me that stuff right there, or at least point me in the right direction

Do a home comparison faggot

Please give an alternative. Less sugary, but not water thickness like most hot sauce.

I've been sauce hunting for some time now, and basically there's no definitive answer for this hot sauce argument. Here's why--first it depends on your palette. I'm in the minority of disliking the salt-water-vinegar-heat combo of 99.9% of all Tabasco-based products. "No but this one is hot as fuck"....it may be hot, but I taste salt first, then vinegar, then how am I supposed to pour this thin red water over something?

I want a ketchup consistency at the very least, BBQ sauce at the most. Thick, slow pour with a flaming hot sting that hits you before anything else. Sriracha is a good start, but they fuck it up with all that garlic...So what I do is start with Sambal Oelek, then add diced Serrano peppers and a bunch of cayenne powder. If it gets too hot, I add some mild Ortega taco sauce or diced tomatoes to cool it off..but you can't buy it like that; you basically have to Frankenstein it...