Is this close to what they really serve in Chicago? I'm from the UK...

Is this close to what they really serve in Chicago? I'm from the UK, and this is as close as I can get to your famous style of pizza.

not even close, that looks pretty bad.

photo for reference

Yeah, this is a lot like in Chicago. Since you're in England this is probably the best you can get.

no

No, a real Chicago style deep dish is about 3 to 4 times thicker than that, and also usually has a layer of sauce on top of the cheese

That's grim.

haha no. Also it isn't anything like a sloppy joe

It's close to Chicago style but the ad doesn't mention a fat guy diarrheaing gravy and Polish sausage bits onto it at the end. That's why other countries always pale in comparison to the real thing.

That basically looks like a bad ripoff of a red baron microwave pizza.

So no, not at all.

Also this, what the fuck is with other countries making random greasy food items and calling them 'an American classic!'

Not only does 'sloppy joe' mean something else completely different from that pizza in America, that combination of pizza toppings isn't even a particularly popular or common thing here, not to mention that thing isn't even close to a real Chicago deep dish pizza

I guess it's really no different from American Chinese restaurants making breaded fried chicken with brown gravy and calling it 'Chinese food', or America inventing flour tortillas for 'Mexican food', but it's still an odd phenomenon

Please stop this. You can find pizza just as good, if not better than the US here in the UK. And on top of that, despite what you may think, the Italians will always beat us all at it.

Fun fact- it was actually the British who started calling that garbage cheese we make "American" cheese. We sold millions of pounds of it to them in the late 1800's and dyed it that yellowish color because apparently the limeys were weirded out by the white color.

>making random greasy food items and calling them 'an American classic!'
Telling about their perceptions of us, I'd say.

Is that what you tell yourselves to try and justify your awful cheese?

Before you go all 'b-but muh micro cheese producers", you should know that I visited Wisconsin last year. What I tried was nothing special. It was 'good for American cheese'.

You be the judge.

Their microwave variants of food we're somewhat known for are pretty depressing.

When he says "American cheese" he's talking about that disgusting plastic fake cheese shit that comes in single wrapped slices, not just cheese from America

>implying flour tortillas are not the superior product

It was in national geographic magazine over a year ago.

I don't have to tell my self anything lord faggotron.

What microwave food isn't depressing?

Oh and, just so you know if you ever come back; the best cheese in the US actually comes from Vermont. Or just don't come back.

I agree with you and I always choose flour tortillas for tacos and shit, but that's irrelevant, better or not all I was saying is that they're not an authentic Mexican food item

>America inventing flour tortillas for 'Mexican food'
Flour tortillas were invented by Spanish colonists. They're as authentically Mexican as anything else in the cuisine.

Good to know, I always heard people spouting the "REAL Mexican food like my grandma used to make only uses corn tortillas!" shit

>listening to Californians

Not even once.

It's not all that odd. The US is an immigrant nation, but not so much a nation of world travelers. What we know about the cuisine of other countries is what immigrants bring here, and when they go to sell it to the rest of us it usually gets adapted to our taste. A generation or two of that and you get something completely different than the starting point.

We've only recently started aiming for authenticity.

At least the adaptations gave us delicious shit like general tso chicken.

the cheese in a deep dish is supposed to not be on top

You yanks really do get butthurt don't you? Don't worry, we still like you overall :)

If you want to get nitpicky about it, using flour tortillas for tacos, specifically, IS very uncommon in Mexico. So that's a point where the complaint can be fair. Still, the people who dismiss flour tortillas categorically have no idea what they're talking about and are mostly just virtue-signalling because they're a distinctly colonial influence (not realizing that Mexico's entire cuisine, culture and fundamental identity are a fusion of indigenous and European traditions)

peepoo stop arguing

>despite what you may think, the Italians will always beat us all at it.

this is how i know you're a pleb whose opinion counts for nothing

>We've only recently started aiming for authenticity.
This is a good thing in some situations. Like Mexican food. In most cases I'll take some reasonably authentic version of Puebla or Oaxaca food over nachos, fajitas and hard shell tacos.
>general tso chicken.
This was actually created in Taiwan by a Chinese chef who then moved to the US and popularized the dish here.

Still, wasn't it originally developed to please the palates of American diplomats or something who complained the food wasn't sweet enough

your pizza doesn't deserve to call itself pizza

No, but it didn't go over in Taiwan. Sure did when he brought it to America.

Gross af. Would not serve to dog.

If the cheese is on top then its not even close. Deep dish needs to be thick and needs to be cooked for such a long period of time that the cheese would completely burn if it wasn't protected by the sauce

Don't forget they taste better. In all situations

>Is this close to what they really serve in Chicago? I'm from the UK, and this is as close as I can get to your famous style of pizza.
Chicago pizza is unique. And, just because it's a deep dish (thick), doesn't mean there aren't other pizzas with thick crust or double topping.

What makes Chicago style deep dish unique? The crust has a good amount of fat in it, it is heavy with olive oil, thickly pressed into the pan, and oily and buttery at the same time, almost a brioche, with a bit of a flaky crust underneath, like the bread actually fries underneath in the thick cast iron pan to a crunchy crust equivalent to a grilled cheese kind of browned buttery crunch. Second thing that makes it unique is fresh sliced mozzarella goes in there, about an inch thick. Then, on top of the cheese, goes the toppings, and the best is basically a simple italian sausage pizza with a handful of parmesan, so when the pie is baking, the sausage spices render with the sausage fat as it cooks down and flavors the whole thing downward. Most people can't eat more than 1 slice, because it's like solid cheese slice, probably a 1/2lb of cheese per serving.

In Chicago, my favorite is Lou Malnatis, and I'm sure you can google some videos of how they make their pizza. He's been featured on many a cooking show. They ship all over the nation via FedEx (for a price), but not sure about UK :(

Although I've always considered chicago style to be tomato pie, your description is actually mouth watering and may have caused me to want to try it. I suppose I should say thanks for broadening my horizon, but I can't since I hate chicago.

No you're a yank too I bet. You cunts have a habit of hating and pissing all over your country

Fun fact: nobody in Chicago really eats Chicago style pizza very often.

Nowhere near it. It's like a microwavable burger vs a Wendy's Triple with Cheese.

eh, no. Cities like Chicago and NY do every cuisine just as good as the fuckers in the country it came from.

or you could, you know, just get a pie mold and bake your own
don't forget to degrease it while baking though

BR here, visiting my fianceé in the UK. That brand is alright-ish (as in edible) but I fucking hated almost everything pizza-related here. Brazil has tons of Italian immigrants and my city alone has over 23 pizza places. Here in the UK I struggled to find a decent burger and had Domino's for the first time, fucking awful stuff. How can you guys stomach premade tomato sauce as opposed to fresh in takeout food?

As a result of how weird things are in Bongland, I'm eating more Mexican food than I ever did in my entire fucking life in South America. Never thought I'd get a decent burrito from a place called Greggs.

Brit cheddar is delicious, however.

Awful it should be much more like

the regular cheese and tomato ones from chicago town aren't too bad, good enough for lunch on a day when I just can't be bothered in the slightest. Wouldn't even dare to imply it's close to the real thing though.

Chicago native here. That 'za is wrong.
A real 'go 'za is just cheese singles and ketchup occasionally with chopped hotdog sausage. The pie is cooked until the cheese nearly boils.
What you have is a commercial take on the real deal using better quality ingredients. It's a total rip off as well, probably costs 10 times more.

>implying Dominos is a UK chain

tortillas de trigo is a thing here in México, friendo

>all this hate

Wait, does america have good prepackaged food then? I cook all my own food because uk prepackaged food is disgusting. I assumed it was the same in most countries.

disgusting

Go back home Pedro.

We definitely have better microwave pizza than that.

These are also pretty good.

Take that, put a hand full of bland ass mozarella cheese in it and microwave it like a minute until the crust thaws and the cheese liquifies then smear some lumpy poorly spiced plain sauce on top and bake that for like 7 minutes at 500 degrees.

lel

Should of cooked it in the oven senpai, makes them things abit more edible

what is this?

>Should of

that looks gay as hell.

Chicago should be nuked.

You can get stuff with a low quality like OP's, but there's lots of really tasty prepackaged food, for what it's worth.