How do I make a thicc hot chocolate like the ones you get at a bar?

How do I make a thicc hot chocolate like the ones you get at a bar?
I've tried with potato flour but it doesn't taste good at all.

Other urls found in this thread:

cravingchronicles.com/2013/01/17/rich-creamy-5-minute-microwave-hot-chocolate-for-one/
youtube.com/watch?v=TOvAJTdMIK4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You melt chocolate.

nice trips

I'd probably just make a ganache and then add more liquid until it's the preferred consistency

Try using this

Fucking flour? Have you tried...you know, melted chocolate?

How are you supposed to melt chocolate though? I tried putting a bar of Hershey's chocolate in the microwave and it just burned.

Double boiler.

Of course I tried chocolate, but I can't get the same density as the bought one.

Now that I'm looking around there might be a difference between normal hot chocolate and what I want to make, the italian equivalent of it.

Bain marie

Sure you can, heavy cream and milk should be pretty good. Ratio dependent on how thick you want it. A good whisk and some effort should get exactly what you want.

cornstarch or xanthan gum

nice dubs

this though. Make a thin ganache. Hot cream over chocolate, whisk adding more cream until desired consistency, like I said here

You can use milk but cream is more rich. You can heat the cream in the microwave. You don't need to heat the chocolate in the microwave, but if you feel you must then heat it with the cream in bursts of no more than 30 seconds, stirring after each go.

You can also use a double boiler but the microwave is probably easier from what your experience seems to dictate.

3.25%milk
Cocoa powder
Melted chocolate (bain marie)

The cocoa will make it thicker

Smaller pieces, microwave at lower power, repeat if necessary and stir using residual heat to melt it.

cravingchronicles.com/2013/01/17/rich-creamy-5-minute-microwave-hot-chocolate-for-one/

I know I'm doing it wrong but I just make a roux and add my chocolate powder and then milk until I get desired consistency.

a what like you get at a bar? beer?

lol

Who the fuck orders hot chocolate at a bar?

Make golden milk
Finely chop dark chocolate
Dissolve chocolate in hot golden milk
Niggus

>words are difficult

youtube.com/watch?v=TOvAJTdMIK4

Guy's a fag but this is worth doing

Poofters, mate, that's who.

lel

Choco powder powdered sugar dark and milk chocolate heavy cream and milk... Welcome to disneyland drinking chocolate at the grand Californian

adding orange zest to hot chocolate with marshmallows in it. What a fucking disgrace. "Hey mom can i have some gelatin in my gourmet hot cocoa? Sure son, feel free to be the biggest faggot you can be."

The real question is, how the fuck do you get rid of the cocoa clumps? There's always some at the bottom.