Today Veeky Forums got redpilled on the nature of time

today Veeky Forums got redpilled on the nature of time.

it is an arbitrary construct that does not exist in reality. It is a concept, arbitrary at that, designed to map/track periodic things that happen on our scale of existence.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Y92TRiKNo
youtube.com/watch?v=cLXL_GjyYZo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nice facebook image, have a like

Is time just a measure of physical change?

cool, since time doesnt exist that means i'm immortal, right?

>It is a concept, arbitrary at that, designed to map/track periodic things

Explain how anything could be periodic without using time in your explanation.

>since time doesnt exist that means i'm immortal

Yes, but only as an enormous, motionless worm permanently immersed in all your past mistakes and bowel movements stretching from the grave back into your mother's vagina.

Today Veeky Forums got redpilled on the nature of space.

it is an arbitrary construct that does not exist in reality. It is a concept, arbitrary at that, designed to map/track related things that happen on our scale of existence.

No time is a social construct, we just got redpilled afterall

howly fuck bro, my mind just exploded with awesomeness at the mind fuck that is your post.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Y92TRiKNo

damn, sorry bro. blue pills for you from now on.

i cant tell if this is bait or not
tell this to the fabric of spacetime you twat

It seems really sad. I feel terrible after reading your /x/-tier post.

the fabric of spacetime is a visualization technique, it don't real but that doesn't mean it don't useful like OP's faggot image seems to imply.

My layman's understanding is that time is basically just a product of matter + energy.

More matter (denser celestial bodies w/more gravity), more energy (goin' real fast), time goes more slowly, 'more time'.

It's an entirely localized thing, and it's something experiential rather than being, for example, a particle or whatever.

That about nail it on the head?

Soo does that mean that fast moving objects and space in high gravity fields are just getting lazier and slowing down on purpose?

No idea! Like I said, I'm a layman, and I profess only to be ignorant. I'm assuming that individual particles or waveforms aren't sentient, though, in the way you imply.

My best guess is that it's just an interaction effect- I kinda like to think about it like computer latency, sorta-ish. If you send a load've data packets at the same time, eventually you're gonna hit a point wherein the conduit can't efficiently maintain a certain speed, and shit's gonna choke up.

Again, no idea if that's correct.

Er, a load've data packets in increasingly rapid succession, rather than at the same time. Mucho stuff, many fast. I am -so- sleepy.

We are still on level 3, the age of pre-science.

Yeah, we all have known that long before you came along. Or did you only just realize it yourself?

>"words only describe or represent concepts, they aren't actually those concepts"
oh wow its fucking nothing

>things that happen on our scale of existence.
Isn't that just kind of a shitty definition of your reality?

Time is Entropy

map is not the territory.

perception is a map.

what is the territory? Will this ride ever end?

biological processes might as well be governed by solar cycle.

If we had a clock outside of milky way we could measure that its actually slowing down.

We are slow mo versions of primitive man.

But we cannot be aware of it (maybe with some meditation) because the movie is slowing down and we ARE IN the movie, our processes slow down with it.

>biological processes might as well be governed by solar cycle.

they already are (pineal gland)
what I meant was aging too, not just circadian rhythm

youtube.com/watch?v=cLXL_GjyYZo