Grilled cheese or quesadilla? I realize the quesadilla frightens some, but which do you choose?

Grilled cheese or quesadilla? I realize the quesadilla frightens some, but which do you choose?

>I realize the quesadilla frightens some
hang yourself, Barneyfag

grilled cheese for just cheese

quesadilla if i want to add other ingredients

Pretty sure my taste buds have outgrown both in the basic forms shown in the OP pic and I wouldn't be able to finish either, even drunk and hungry. Once you make them less basic it's like comparing apples and oranges.

Stupid question.
They both have the potential to outclass each other based on quality of ingredients and execution of technique.
As pictured, the quesadillas would be my choice, because that shitty white wonder bread and Velveeta looks bad to me. But an excellent grilled cheese could potentially exceed even the best quesadilla. This whole thread is dumb.

quesadilla is more consistently good.

here's a tip: if you are cooking up your quesadilla in a pan, add a little bit of salt to the outside of the tortilla.

this board just got 20% cooler

grilled cheese = crumbs everywhere, and worthless without tomato soup

ill take the quesadilla

If I just want an unpretentious cheese mess, the quesadilla is clearly superior.

But if you are adding extra ingredients- good bread, tomato, whatever- the quality ceiling for a grilled cheese is much higher.

several quesadillas made with corn tortillas, with that crispy yet chewy

Quesadilla from a restaurant or bar.
Grilled cheese for home.

>le im le adolt and refind arant i khool guiy's?

I was under the impression that flour tortillas make a superior quesadilla.

>Barneyfag
who?

Both delicious, but serving their own tastes. Wouldn't consider substituting one for the other.

Quesadillas nigga.

>cook a salted boneless chicken breast in frying pan
>segment into pportions, store unused portions in fridge
>heated chicken with garlic and sometimes sliced tomatoes
>put on tortilla and top off with jack cheese and monterey, grind some black pepper
>repeat until out of chicken

reminds me i need to buy chicekn breast soon.

anyone got any ideas for seasoning chicken breast for maximum quesadilla tastiness?

Berbere. An ethiopian spice blend that's easily made if your spice rack is plentiful. Add extra cumin for enhanced mexicaniness.

>if your spice rack is plentiful.

it's not

oh well i'll try it for nest year.

Flour is the texmex storyline quesadillas, corn tortillas are much more snackable in mexican homes generally

That looks like it's been fried, not grilled?

I think toasted tortilla is better than toasted bread. So quesodilla.

fuck off Alton, the "grilled" means on a commercial flat top grill/griddle, not a BBQ grill

Most Americans use a frying pan.
It's a fried cheese sandwich.
Grilled is a misnomer.

I alternate. When I get tired of one, I spam the other. Both are good with and without extras, depending on time/ingredient constraints.

>RIP in peace user,
>Got butthurt and memed upon

A what?

I like a nice grilled cheese if I want to relax. It's good for dipping in chocolate milk.

I'll pass. Cheese and white bread is garbage.