Is there an unwritten rule that you don't take toddlers to fine dining restaurants?

is there an unwritten rule that you don't take toddlers to fine dining restaurants?

Yes, the problem is that it's unwritten.

I would definitely have an age requirement in my restaurant
there's this one place that is 21+ even during the day at lunch hours.
there's another one that is 23+

HOW DARE YOU MISOGYNISTS TELL ME I CAN'T TAKE MY PRECIOUS LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT ANYWHERE I WANT? MY BRAT IS ONLY TWO BUT YOU ARE THE ONE THAT NEEDS TO GROW UP!

t. Entitled cunt mother

If that's in the United States I can kind of understand the 21 because that matches up with the legal age you can buy alcohol but 23 just seems like a completely arbitrary age.

>23+
God-tier.

It's even better so drunken college freshies can get the booze out of their system leaving only the real drinkers, or non-drinkers, left. No children, and no faggots. Best of all worlds.

This

People like this are so disgusting and moronic. If you're going to complain about this shit, consider not procreating in the first place.

I'm just stunned that this woman can't connect the dots about why people would be offended she's changing a shitty diaper where people eat.

As someone who works at a restaurant mothers are the fucking worst. They think they've done some insurmountable Olympian task my doing the one thing literally everyone else has done.

fuck that cunt desu, every time I go out to eat with my sister and she drags her toddler along she goes through this long drawn out process with the poor waiter, asking him for various component items of foods because "max doesn't eat tomatoes, max doesn't eat bread, max doesn't eat cheese, max doesn't eat pasta" he ends up bringing her some inane shit like a whole cucumber or something which he eats one bite of. If I ever need a reason to pull out of my girlfriend, there it fucking is.

Get a babysitter.

If you can't afford one/ can't get a family member to cover you, then you don't need to dine finely. You need to go to mcdonalds with your kid and take one for the team.

Or Denny's. Go to Denny's and order the steak. There's your fine dining.

Not just restaurants. I went to a symphony once and some fucking retard brought her newborn that started screaming. I almost got up and left. What a shit show, guess I'll just stick to listening to records.

Sounds good. I used to bartend and people 21-22 were insolent as fuck until you laid down the law.

I picture some sort of Victorian era man getting pissed off to leave to his shitty house and he sits in the corner of his room listening to gramaphones.

I have no problem with people having children, but do not bring them to restaurants, theaters, or any of the above when you know your fucking piece of shig offspring cannot shut the bloody fuck up when needed. Fucking toddlers are crying and moaning and kicking my god forsaken when trying to enjoy my movie.

Bottom line, don't be a fucking spastic and pull the fuck out.

I don't plan on having children but if I ever do I'll make sure to find a way to not bring them to restaurants

There's nothing more infuriating than having some great food with your family and having your audio background be "UAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

I witnessed such a scene one day. Bonus fact: the woman in question would complain it was Muslim bashing.

You just cannot win with them.
>you cant tell the child to shut up because it's retarded
>if you tell the parents to shut their child, they wont and they will feel high and mighty as they let their child run amok as a sign they stood up against your advice
>people around will treat you as the villain for hurting the poor babby and mommy's feewings

Bong here. There's a trend in London of bringing your toddler to the pub in the afternoon and petting the little cunts run around screaming.

It makes the whole experience very uncomfortable and you're scared of moving because you're going to tread on them.

I don't mind if they just wear the kid out a bit first, so it settles down.

>people around will treat you as the villain for hurting the poor babby and mommy's feewings

Not really, I remember my Dad took me to see I am Legend, and this woman brought a fucking baby to I Am Legend, not a 4 year old, or an 8 year old, a fucking baby. It started crying and everyone just turned around and basically said really, she had to leave the theater then and there because everybody was just pissed.

Usually but my brothers 2 and 4 year old are pretty well behaved and know when to act civilized I guess would be the word.

The people around you are pretty based, then. Things with unruly babies and kids are pretty bad here to the point we get a 3-5 min lecture before every theatre film starts, and yet nobody follows the damn rules. And if you tell the mothers to calm their children, people will think you are the drama queen making a ruckus while the ones on your side are only lukewarm defenders, but most of the time totally mute.

Asia, the land of herbivores.

>my brothers 2 and 4 year old

you forgot that kids who are 2 and 4 years old probably wouldn't like the kind of strange food they serve at fine dining restaurants.

I've removed countless mothers from my bar, and it has instilled in me a venomous hatred for white women.

My sis brings an army to a restaurant if we are bringing the nephew. The kid can't stand sitting in the baby chair for more than 5 minutes, so we take turns carrying him out on walks in the vicinity with some kind of relay system.

White women feel entitled to special treatment for their shit kids, minorities just let them run around screaming. I really can't tell which is worse.

I can't even imagine bringing a shitty toddler in a place like that in the first place. How can you justify ruining literally everyone else's experience, and manage to handle the embarrassment of knowing you're a complete piece of shit?

>I can't even imagine bringing a shitty toddler in a place like that in the first place. How can you justify ruining literally everyone else's experience, and manage to handle the embarrassment of knowing you're a complete piece of shit?

because women want to ruin everything

Small kids should be banned
>carrying coffees to a tale
>small kids running around not looking forward most of the time
>randomly hitting tables, chairs or me
>just wait for the day when I pour hot coffee on a small kid
Cunts

>invite friend to birthday dinner
>realise that it might be difficult to get away from his 1 year old and extend the invite to the kid too
>"nah stuff the kid he can't sit still. We'll get a babysitter"

He's an excellent father.

>woman brings her fucking kid to class
>"haha don't mind me"

The people who should have kids put it off forever, and the ones who shouldn't pop them out on the regular

Dunno. Legal drinking age here is 18 but a lot of pubs have 23 anyway to keep out kids. I'm fine with that

A agree with this. I have a five month old son and i would never go to a restaurant with the kid where it wasn't obvious that it was allright, like a mall restaurant and such.

Why would 21 year olds go to bars anyways? Isn't it more cost efficient to buy shitty vodka and hawaiian punch and get slammed in their apartments?

where i live they have film showings specifically for parents with young children
i think they're a bit cheaper, quieter, and they leave a couple extra house lights on so it's not totally dark

everyone's happy

Just a way to use the expanded privileges that turning 21 offers you. Freshman and sophomore years are the ones for getting smashed in your dorm room or at frats off everclear punch and vodka sprites while playing beer bong, but by late junior or early senior year all that looses some of the luster. In my case too the university is like 70% male, so if you want to go meet available gurls going to bars is a much better bet than going to apartment parties.

Take your kids to a restaurant. Start by being a decent parent and raise your kids not to act like fuckin idiots. Even well behaved small children can have bad moments. That's when you remove them from the restaurant by either stepping outside until they calm down or get your shit in a box and leave.

F P B P
P
B
P

Much like you don't take your kid to an R rated movie you shouldn't take your kid to a fine dining restaurant. Problem is it isn't written and even if it was I doubt anyone would anyone would actually follow it.

>watching Avatar in theaters when it first came out
>sitting with older bro
>lights turn out
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>some fucking kids start screaming behind me
>mom gets kicked out because kids was screaming for 5 straight minutes

>Back in 2006 when I was 14
>Uncle is going to dinner with his wife and her cousins family who are visiting from Australia
>Decides to bring me along for some reason
>Chinese place, we sit in one of those round tables with the spinny thing
>They have an 11 year old who acts like a brat the whole time
>Brat discovers spinny thing
>I watch in amazement as he spins it to ultimate velocity and covers everyone in the table except him, his brother and me in soy sauce

what kind of strange food do you eat at a fine dining restaurant?
>You know kids are just small people, they eat the same thing as big people?

Do bars actually follow this rule?
I'm 18, but I easily look 24.

>a trend in London of bringing your toddler to the pub
That doesn't seem like a trend though, my father would have brought me to the pub perhaps once a month when I was under 8 15-20 years ago.
Tbqh I'm perfectly happy with most pubs being a casual place where you can bring your family, as long as the kids aren't crying. If you want a grim daytime boozer go to a snooker club

>you forgot that kids who are 2 and 4 years old probably wouldn't like the kind of strange food they serve at fine dining restaurants.
you were raised bad

*poorly

If you look presentable enough, they usually let you in. That's the case here at least.

I'm sorry.

Either you worked at a shit bar or are just inundated with shit customers.

That said my introduction to bars was through travel with work, so I probably had a more utilitarian first few bar experiences beyond just "get as drunk as possible"

>breeders

>those fat black moms that trash their kids for being little shits

Granted, they still keep being little shits, but it's still satisfying in a way.

We don't get a lot of minorities in my bar. Mostly just young black men who don't realise that most of the women here are lesbians.

Not really that bothering, though putting the baby on the table where people drink their coffee is gross, she should have told the waitress or manager if they couldwatch her coffee for a bit and go change the baby.

God goyim, Juan and/or Ahmed will assuredly treat you well when you're old.

I think it's because the rest of the customer's were so good that I noticed the 21 year old crowd tended to be so shitty.

>muh savior of the white race
I'm sure your one or two trailer trash will solve the snackbar problem, Cletus.

>meet side family in another country
>they're rich as fuck, take us out to eat at an expensive fucking restaurant
>15 of us at a table
>they bring 2 of their little fucking demons, 9 yr girl and 7 yr boy
>both run around the entire restaurant, fucking up the plate settings on other tables
>parents and entire family all ignore it and laugh, i'm uncomfortable as fuck
>the wait staff essentially become baby sitters, but don't actually do anything to the kids because they're scared about pissing off the rich as fuck parents
>i personally have a really bad meal experience as i watch 3 wait staff follow the two little fuckers around, fixing whatever mischief they make and politely tell them to please stop
>boy finally comes to table, starts hitting his mom with the knife, mom doesn't do anything to him other than take the fork away

This is what happens when you don't discipline your kids. I literally wanted to backhand the little fucker and watch him glide across the floor. I felt so bad for the staff and equally angry that the parents simply assume the wait staff are going to take care of shit.

So much this.
When I dine out, I am not paying for food, I am paying for a nice place to eat my food. Howling and screeching children mean I am not getting what I pay for.
If I'm at a fast food place or a "family restaurant" that's one thing, but if I'm dining at any place that wants to provide an atmosphere beyond a cafeteria, children should be banned.

My parents would take me and my younger sister to restaurants from an early age

Never caused any bother since we were actually brought up well, people are just bad parents these days
Thanks for all the nice food mum and dad

This x1000

>these days

sure, gramps

Seriously, if public wiping of kids gets called 'natural' and I gotta smell shit and see poop everywhere I go, western civ is fucking done for me. I am just going Muslim and killing everyone. I didn't go to Nursing School for a damn good reason. (uhh yeah I hate poop)

no one believes this, calm down

Olive Garden is not fine dining.

My family is also like this.

6 year old kid with unrestricted access on an i-pad.

I go tell her that there is a lot of swearing and ridiculous behavior in the videos he is watching and she acts surprised and concerned. Explain to her that there is a youtube kids that has restriction levels and shit.

Visit family again when he's 7 and he's watching the same shit. Talk to her about it again and she just brushes it off.

He constantly gets suspended from school at 7. I have never seen that before. She is one of those stay at home mothers that has a cleaning lady to allow her to go to "meetings" all day long.

I went to a bar right next to a high school and the bartender had to screen out like 4 fake IDs every day

I take my 5 year old fine dining all the time and she does very well. She goes to a private school, and receives regular instruction in etiquette. Taking her to high class restaurants at this age is an important part of her development.

However, we are white and financially well off. This approach may not work for people of lesser genetic dispositions, or people who lack financial competence.

I took my 1 year old daughter with my wife to a restaurant and nobody complained. She even made a lot of people happy by throwing her smile everywhere.

Max is just a spoiled cunt. My mom sent me to bed without dinner if i did not eat her food

tfw my community college has a daycare due to all the mexi sluts.

Tfw 40 prime parking spots are daycare only 1 hour parking.

REEEEEEE fucking breeders

I guess this is why my theater advertises "special needs" screenings of kids movies

I had a natty 8 month beard when I was 18 and people always though i was older

Hey I've seen it have some success if they're actually being taught how to also behave instead of just being beaten.

Because they're oblivious and entitled. Always feel free to knock people like that down a few pegs. The reason it happens is because people don't voice their opinions often enough.

You don't need genetics to have manners, although genetics can affect personality slightly. Culture and behavioral expectations are very much the majority of what determines how your kids act. This includes other kids they socialize with.

My uni has a daycare because they have a "early childhood education" degree course.
They still make the students pay for it, though.

Childhood education is a legit degree how do you think we get kindergarten teachers

>unwritten rule

Yes. That's why solipsistic people lacking any social awareness insist on bringing their special little monstrosity to ensure they ruin everyone elses rare and special evening with his/her/its high pitched screaming, vomiting, pig-at-trough style of eating and poo/piss diaper smell.

Newsflash: Your kid is not lovable by, or even tolerable to, anyone but you.

Early Childhood Education is as much of a major as most university students go for. I think his point was its kind of bullshit to make students with kids pay the university for a daycare which is staffed by students who are working for university credit while paying the university.

it's probably the best daycare there is

yup, staff all smart, young, and eager enough to give a shit. as long as they don't show up horribly hung over all the time as college students sometimes would

Sounds so enjoyable...

Yep. I hate everyone's kids but mine. My kids may whine a little bit when they're tired but are never loud or rude. Well at least not in public. We try to make sure if we do go out to eat with the kids we take them to family friendly restaurants

My parents took me along sometimes to restaurants when I was a toddler. If I started crying, one of them took me out to the car until I either cut the bullshit, or the food got boxed up.

This thread makes me want to hit my nephews to put fear in them.
Also give them hatchets and teach them to chop wood.

unbehaved ones yes very much.
some places will throw you out and charge you the meal that was never served.
others execute the child to teach you a lesson in manners.

it's not just restaurants. i'd rather not hear crying, whining, loudass snot-nosed brats in public ever. i'd rather not have to wait for them to get the fuck out the way because they're too braindead to understand manners yet, i'd rather no one has to clean up after them, and i don't ever want to be in a position where i have to tell a kid to fuck off because he's unattended and bothering everyone. fuck kids they belong in schools until they're old enough to understand they're fucking worthless and don't deserve a grain of salt worth's of attention from anyone but their terrible parents.

>drive back to hometown
>family gathering
>aunt and uncle have a 6yo
>mom brought a black forest cheesecake we whipped up real quick
>time for dessert
>little bastard rushes out to the kitchen and opens it up like he owns the damn place
>proceeds to take a quarter of the cut out pieces
>mom stops him and says ""maybe we should leave enough for everyone?"
>little fucker spit back "you're not my mom"
>mom instinctively reached out and cuffed him
>grabs the cake and drags it onto the floor
>shit settles down after mom stops his tantrum
>aunt did nothing the whole time
>after he sits down, uncle says "young man, you're grounded"
>about fucking time
>"no ipad for 2 days"

Please tell me it's frequency illusion and that not all new parents are this shitty.

I don't know which I hate more, the parent that does nothing, or the parent that does nothing while SOMEONE ELSE punishes their kid. Like, for fucks sake, if you didn't want one maybe you should have used a fucking condomn.

>be a grumpy ex-army fuck
>take wife to a slightly upscale steak place for anniversary
>Little fucking shit at the table next to us is ignoring his parents and being a right little fuck
>slamming silverware
>screeching randomely
>demanding bread and then throwing it
>Little fucker makes the mistake of tossing his spoon and it hitting my god damn hand
>Wife says "Honey hes just a boy, just ignore him"
>Nod at her and try to calm down but then the little fuck hits his mom with a wadded up ball of bread
>IAMBECOMERAGE.jpg
>Bring up hand
>Slam hand down on top of the table and everyone jumps
>verbatim;
LISTEN HERE YOU SPOILED LITTLE SPAWN, THIS IS MY WIFE AND I'S ANNIVERSARY, AND YOU ARE REALLY PISSING ME OFF
>Knife hand him with a foot between my middle finger tip and his nose
YOU ARE EMBARRASSING YOUR FUCKING PARENTS IN PUBLIC, AND IF YOU WERE MY SON ID TAKE YOU INTO THE BATHROOM AND WHIP YOUR STUPID LITTLE HAMS TILL THEY TURN GOLDEN BROWN. IF YOU MAKE ONE MORE GOD DAMN NOISE IM GOING TO TOSS YOU AND YOURE STUPID LITTLE HIGH CHAIR OUT THE GOD DAMN WINDOW, DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?
>Resturant is dead silent
>Little kid is staring at me like i just clubbed a baby seal in front of him
>His dad is making that stupid shocked gaping fish face
>His mother just stares at the table
>Remove my hand and turn back to my wife, who is just silently laughing and hiding her face in her hands
>Manager walks over and kindly askes me to change tables
>Agree
>End up sitting in the patio and enjoying a nice meal

The manager was pretty bro and i refused to have my meal comped. The father wanted to press charges apparently after we were moved for a public disturbance but the police apparently went "eh" when he called them, so he bitched to the manager to have their mealed compensated.

You are completely selfish and irrational, the world don't orbits around you and your children.

...why couldn't she just explain that her baby took a dump, and ask to use their bathroom?

"No public restroom" could have been solved with a simple "It's either in your restroom, or on your table."

When I was a kid I wasnt just a brat, I was a smart brat, I knew how to use threats of embarrassment at the age of 4.

>be child
>dont wanna go anywhere
>get taken to a resturant
>say something to the effect of "if I dont get what I want you will suffer"
>one time mom tried to call my bluff
>she did
>she called my bluff
>but I couldnt take the loss, fried ice cream was on the line
>threaten to embarrass her again
>"whatever"
>sit up from table and strip my clothes off and jump into the resturants indoor coin pond while screeching at the top of my lungs
>get kicked from resturant with mom
>she's furious and can never go back
>didn't try to call my bluffs until I was older

>be 8
>at resturant despite my thorough protests
>make an unreasonable demand
>mom attempts to call my bluff "you wouldnt dare"
>reply with "try me"
>intense standoff in front of waitress of pure laser eyes and silence
>she caves

>19
>on a date with my now ex
>waitress comes up to take our orders
>ask gf what she wants
>she says shes not hungry
>get myself a nice big meal because I was hungry
>waitress comes back with drinks and I stop her and ask gf if shes fine with nothing, because im not sharing my food when she declines to order anything
>insists shes fine
>waitress askes once more
>still says shes not hungry
>we chat
>food finally comes
>she immediately goes to grab some of my fries before the plate is on the table
>swat gf's hand
>everyone in the immediate area turns around
>gf is white as a ghost
>" you were asked three times if you wanted anything and you said no, youre not leeching my food when you already declined to order anything when youre not even paying."
>gf starts to cry
>continue eating my food while shes on the verge of summon a school of orca's from her boisterous wails
>break up with her in the parking lot and make her walk home and say "I'm not into dating children, so we're done, you can walk home."

Nothing says impotent rage like knife hands. Be sure to calm yourself down with some winter green dip and a low carb monster.

this reads like three different heavily pixelated jpg stories you found on r/Veeky Forums and cobbled together poorly after seeing this thread

I'm sorry you feel that way

Unsubscribe