Math majors of Veeky Forums what jobs are you doing now or what jobs are you applying for?

Math majors of Veeky Forums what jobs are you doing now or what jobs are you applying for?

I enjoyed studying matt, but now that I've graduated I have no clue wtf I'm supposed to do.

i jack it a lot.. ill probably go work at subway or something soon.

Recent grad only doing part time tutoring atm because i am good with kids.

Though i just got a job interview to working on programming java for slot machines. I have basic java experience and took probability.

junior majoring in math here, I'm going to kill myself after I graduate

Do it.

t. One year after graduation still no future prospectss

You guys are dumb. Why not continue your education by getting a PhD? You'll get a 300k pesos starting job guaranted

>guaranted
Keked

Proving theorems inc. is hiring user, go ahead!

you can always sell your soul working in finance

Learn a trade, programming, perhaps apply your math knowledge into a related field.

If you don't plan on having children, live with your parents doing a minimum wage job. Save up for over 5-10 years, then retire to the country or a ghetto, where you'll have all the free time in the world to spend on math.

Next semester I'm gonna get a job at UPS as a package handler; it actually looks pretty comfy.

300k pesos a year?!
That's not too bad actually.

Poor math majors, they fell for the meme and are destined for unemployment now. Should of just majored in computer science.

Math is deprecated, study Computer Science

>15k USD
>t. Math major

I'm gonna save this post for the next time math majors try to stroke their ego.

you'll really show us with that screenshot of an ironic shitpost

I double majored in bio and math, statistics minor. I have no idea what I'm going to do. I live in the mid west so probably apply for some ag research job.

Bioinformatics or perhaps even fermentation tech.

>Should of
This shows you cant trust game develo- I mean computer science students.

>haha, he made a grammer mistake!

Boy, you sure got me. Hope that makes you feel better about your worthless degree. Have fun being poor math cuck.

Sold my soul to finance after phd. I was pretty far over on the pure side of math but my experience with Python sql and SAS etc was enough to get me over the hump. With an undergrad I'd say practice for actuary exams OP you'll make bank and you won't have to go to anymore school. Pre reqs are basically a brain calc sequence and probability.

didnt you even think of this while still studying???

I'm already working on research as an undergraduate, and a professor at a top ten math school is trying to get me into the graduate program without my bachelor's because he wants me to focus on my research and collaborate. I think I have a decent career ahead of me.

Stay in academia

>cuck

for a second you made me question my decision to major in math, but fortunately you gave me good reason to dismiss anything you say

>fermentation tech
That would be really neat. There are numerous orchards and vineyards where I live. Unfortunately I don't know much about the fermentation industry or even the process itself.

In fact, I don't know much about agriculture in general, either. I sort of worry my studies were too theoretical, and that the folks with ag and/or CS/Stats degrees will be more competitive applicants. I do have undergrad research under my belt, but it was largely wet work in the genetics lab and I hated it. At least I know thats not what I want to do now. Ah well, my time studying mathematics in particular was well worth it. I've had a blast along the way and will still study in my free time as a hobby.

Do anything. Literally. Anything.

>be 22
>Pure Math/CS
>Fresh out

Already pulling 2 jobs that are +$9/hr. One gives healthcare + I can chill, read, eat, toke, learn about mental healthcare and get paid to go on outings with residents(Resident Aid)

>$9/hr

All and all. I have the chillest life atm but I had to go thru shit to get it. An there's more shit to come. After uni you can't neglect your studies. School is the beginning of education, not its end.

>should of
britbong detected

>tfw cs major not even graduated yet making 22/hr, smoking weed 24/7, as many hours as i want, chill boss, paid to read books on the job.