If there was no colonialization of Africa

do you think there would of been a black Einstein?

a black Isaac Newton

>i will say something before all the inevitable "lol" posts

No, Sub Saharian Africa was simply isolated from the Near East/Greek/Arabic/European scientific tradition

even by the time of the Middle Ages, Europe was clearly ahead of Africa....without colonialization, they still would be behind

you think they still would of developed a more isolated type of science or math like the Mayans?

Africa would be worse and on a lower civilization/education level without intervention

Would they have needed to? I honestly don't know much about Africa in terms of numbers or societal structure, but if you don't develop a large agricultural civilization, where there a lot of people in one place, I don't see the culture needing to advance in that way. There's less disease, less trade, less competition for resources, less need when the people are all spread out.

ooga booga ?

haha, "hey stop making sense and pointing out the truth. go back to pol!! :^)"

If anything Africans benefited from colonization in terms of science and civilization.

Left to their own devices they'd be abo-tier...

-->

There are at least two pre-colonial and pre-medieval civilized societies of Africa that we know of. On one side of Africa, you have the great Zimbabwe, the site of many large and complex building structures that would have required some mathematical and physical maturity to build. [Fun fact: a bunch of then-/pol/-tier archaeologists destroyed a lot of the still-standing structures in the 19th and 20th centuries, searching for evidence to support their opinion that the black people in the region could not possibly have been responsible and that some advanced (white) society had hidden something underneath them.] On the other half of the country, you had the pre-Islam Djenne, where you can find evidence of studies of social science, architecture, and human anatomy, all despite living in a region that's only mud and sand. The reason the latter fell is simply because they got pillaged by Islamic extremists. (Part of their legacy survived: the people of Djenne had built an intricate mosque out of only mud that is still standing today).

>www.reddit.com
> :^)

>[Fun fact: a bunch of then-/pol/-tier archaeologists destroyed a lot of the still-standing structures in the 19th and 20th centuries, searching for evidence to support their opinion that the black people in the region could not possibly have been responsible and that some advanced (white) society had hidden something underneath them.]

Ill take 'things that never happened for 1000 alex'

Pathetic shitpost

Overall, though, the environment in Africa isn't really anything that supports sustainable growth in terms of science or stationary culture. In Africa, you essentially have a moving region of desert (which slowly shifts in cycles around the continent) every so many 100 years; given that so little of the continent is arable, and given that the arable region varies, many African peoples were nomadic and primarily focused on subsistence living. There were many great (as far as Africa goes) African civilizations which flourished and then eventually fell to a sudden change in climate.

I know people tend to want to blame it on purely racial inferiority, but European centers of science are speaking from a geographic point of privilege. The size of Europe and the environment both allows for metropolitan development and specialization away from core labor (agriculture and such that provide food). What you do see in African history pre-colonization, though, is people being disrupted by climate or a sudden radical change, and quickly developing up to the point of iron-age technology until the cycle repeats again. In fact, the earliest evidence we have of iron-age-capable humans comes from places deep within Africa.

Many a /pol/-lurker will try to rationalize this by saying, 'they were white! they moved into Europe after they did that!' but that's sadly just historically and archaeologically unsupported (people in Africa did migrate, but not from those regions), simply the product of a mind wanting to rationalize its own ignorance.

See: Richard Hall, 'The Ancient Ruins of Rhodesia.' In this work, he supports his decision to destroy the ruins in Zimbabwe.

>anybody who counters my diseased mind is pol
post ignored...

Nice defense mechanism. Perhaps you shouldn't ignore the post; you might grow.

>"wow dude I was worried about having to respond to your arguments but I see you called me a /pol/ack, ahah tough luck pal"

Yes, there would be because trade routes would eventually expand their exposure to knowledge around the world.

How long would it take? Who knows, but it would eventually happen because of trade. Same shit happened with Europe, middle east, India, China and Japan.

>blablabla pole xDD
sad...

Do you have a response, or are you caught on the fact that we're able to tell that you frequent /pol/?

I'm still waiting for your evidence that shows how anyone here is pol, whatever the hell that means. Otherwise, /r/eddit might be a better place for you.

That must be the most pathetic attempt at swaying away from a debate I've ever seen.

You're a disgusting delusional SJWtarded shitposter, not here to debate anything. It's better not to indulge your autism at all.

no it has to do with racial inferiority

name one black scientist in history that was as intelligent as Isaac Newton or Leibniz?

>the haven't checked my geographical privilege to day

Name one white who was as smart as Von Neumann

Are we talking about the same Neumannlet? He has zero accomplishments, so anyone in the world is smarter than this potatohead virgin loser.

Carl Gauss, Leibniz, Euler

Kant was a white man and he pretty much revolutionized modern philosophy

Von Neumann was also an Ashkenazi Jew so he most likely had white blood in him

remember alot of Ashkenazis have European mixture

what a shit post

Sorry dumbkid, but nobody cares about Neumannlet :^) He's literally shit-tier and has zero accomplishments in life.
Find someone with actual worth to be your idol.

>single handily invented game theory

shit-tier with no accomplishments?

fuck boy get lost

>single handidly
Everything he did was based on other researchers and mathematicians works. Stealing their work and just re-branding it with his own name makes him a disgusting fraud.

He's a dissapointment to the world of mathematics.

Either this guy is trolling, or he is legitimately pathetic.

This is what's happening if he's not trolling: He has validated himself on the idea that, because he is white, he shares somehow in the accomplishments of famous white scientists, mathematicians, and philosophers. Because their minds and creativity were prodigious, so too, somehow, is his. When confronted with the fact that it's possible that somebody who is not one-hundred percent white (read: like him) may be successful or superior to him in intellectual ability, he has a vested need to conclude that they are "shit-tier," because he has conflated himself with those great minds: he in some way recognizes that these "shit-tier" people are better than them, but how can that be if he's as great as the white minds before him?

These "shit-tier" people are different from him in this way that makes him believe he is better than them, and yet there's the nagging truth that they have done more than him and that they have done what he cannot do. If he were to allow himself to accept that race cannot predict individual success, he would have to accept that he has done nothing; he would have to accept that his life is a failure when compared to the lives of those who are not like him.

He would have to realize that he has accomplished nothing, is accomplishing nothing, and that the color of his skin or the way he looks does not excuse that fact. He would have to admit that he, in fact, is the one who is "shit-tier," which is something he simply will not do.

>getting this mad over someone with zero accomplishments
get a life

I recognize your defense mechanism. It's honestly weaker than I would have hoped.

Shit-tier.

>Tens of thousands of years old tribe has no tradition of education, an average IQ of 65, no written language, no selective pressure for intelligence, and haven't even invented the wheel
>"If you don't think they could have discovered General relativity too, you're a big fat racist!"

If we dropped you off as a baby with one of those tribes, would you discover general relativity, or are you some kind of sub-human?

>look guise im so smart and superior :D
sad...

Superior to you, sure. You're a sheep doing nothing more than desperately hoping to be a part of the 'best herd.' I'm not.

jokes aside JVN is literally below average. World would be the same without him.

Nice ad hominem.

>Hurrr I'm so smart guize xDDD
Oh god how desperately insecure are you exactly?

>hing, is accomplishing nothing, and that the color of his skin or the way he looks does not excuse that fact. He would have to admit that he, in fact, is the one who is "shit-tier," which is something he simply will not do.

yes im proud of my accomplishments...the white race in 300 years have achieved more than the history of the entire black race

Ashkenazi Jews have a lot of white admixture....its funny that the smartest jews in the world are the white ones..isn't it

How insecure am I?

Well, I do work in a pretty popular STEM field right now. I moved into this field from a more applied one, but I'm catching up; I just received notification of my first paper acceptance in the field today. Overall, though, I am somewhat insecure in that I don't trust my preparedness or depth of knowledge; I'm correcting this by work, practice, and study. Physically, I'm somewhat insecure in that I'm not satisfied with my ability to reach fitness goals, but, again, I'm working to correct this by adjusting and staying committed to my regimen.

How insecure are you? Maybe shedding some light on why you need to validate yourself through praising people you see as "white" and admonishing people you see as not white will help you. Would you kill yourself if you found out that you had a small percentage of black African DNA?

as a scientist...do you accept that vast amounts of research that show White IQ superiority or are you part of the "politically correct" crowd

There's the rub. You did nothing to contribute to those achievements. Those aren't your achievements at all. Perhaps you're confusing the attribution of achievements with the benefit from achievements. You see, both you and plenty of non-white people in the world are benefiting from those achievements. Similarly, both you and those non-white people are not responsible for those achievements. Do you understand yet?

>talking about how worthless Neumann has no accomplishments
>derails discussion into being white and shit
Are you retarded ? Did you lost your way from a copkiller BLM rally ?

where did any of those posters imply that african's are sub-human, faggot?

so blacks are are allowed to celebrate the pyramids, and the innovations of Ancient Egypt which they claim was a black civilization

but when whites do the same thing," oh no your just harping off their accomplishments"

As a scientist, I accept the sound studies which have concluded that the mean white IQ is higher than the mean non-white IQ.

As a scientist, I also encourage you to pursue understanding of two things. I would first encourage you to pursue knowledge of variance in statistics so as to better understand the personal implications of these studies; statistically, you individually are somewhere around that mean IQ; statistically, a significant percentage of non-white people have IQs above your individual IQ, and, if you equate IQ with potential, more potential than you. I would then encourage you to come to understanding of the concept that statistical evidence of a phenomena in a population does not reveal anything about the causation of that phenomena: the fact that the white mean is higher than others does not imply that the white mean is higher than others because the people are white.

look i understand thats the politically correct view to have, but lets be honest

Anybody can celebrate the pyramids as being impressive works, including white people. Note that I'm not saying that it's impossible for blacks to also conflate the attribution of achievements with the benefit from achievements. A black person trying to take credit for the pyramids makes as much sense as John Smith from Utah trying to take credit for the Eiffel Tower.

I really am starting to hate this generation of scientists, the politically correct, were all equal types

It's not the politically correct view to have: it's the objective view to have. You can't cherry-pick the results of formal studies to suit the conclusion you want to make: you can't ignore variance, and you most certainly can't assert that the phenomena you observe is its own cause.

There would be no achievements from anybody if they looked at deductive studies in the manner you're implying we should.

>everyone is equal and shit

is pretty much your response

Not at all. My response is simple: (1) variance exists as a sound statistical concept and (2) showing evidence of a phenomenon does not prove that the phenomenon is self-causing.

If you read between the lines, I'm also saying that these studies say that you're much dumber than a lot of non-white people, statistically speaking.

and a white person is much smarter than alot of non-whites..

honest question, what kind of scientist are you.....do you think everyone is equal?

i thought scientists were the ones that asked these uncomfortable questions..your sounding like a humanities professor

>ask a question
>get an answer you dont like
>HURR BACK TO /pol/
Grow up.

This!
No matter how much all of us keep peddling the 'white man >> all' meme, there are also a considerable amount of environmental factors that influence intelligence.
I don't wanna get involved in the shit-tier nature nurture arguments, but I think OPs question could be made better if he asked something along the lines of, "what if a baby from a low IQ African tribe was adopted by a high IQ European family. Would they be able to raise the IQ of the nigger as compared to their tribes avg?"

Also, then there is the question of IQ tests. They are inherently flawed in assuming that everyone can be tested by the same standards. You can't measure length in decibels.

>do you think everyone is equal?
He already answered that.

see minnesota transracial adoption study.

even then, its a moot point. regardless of cause, there is a substantial difference, and if its nature or nurture, its unrealistic to expect people to give up their culture, or to defy their nature, even if it is for the common good.

Culture is meaningless shit for plebs, and nature is hugely influenced by the environment

Yeah, all those farms and vegetables were just waiting in crops when the white men came there. And all the unsuitable soil magically just turned into farms.

Take responsibility in your life for once and admit that blacks didn't have the brains to think one step ahead and try doing something with their huge land to feed their people. They would rather massacre each other for turf wars and eat dead animal parts thinking they have magical powers rather than do something intelligent with their life.

Your obvious racism is clouding your judgement.

It was not that the Africans didn't want to/were too lazy to use their land, it was just that they didn't need to. See Also, it wasn't the white man who invented agriculture. It was the sand niggers, and by that time the first Homo sapiens had already migrated to and become established in Europe.

>criticizing someones mistakes makes you think your race is better than averyone else.
Pathetic strawman
Misinterpreting arguments you can't defy is SJW-tier shitposting and does not belong to this board.

If sand-niggers could do it in their giant dead desert, so could niggers, not doing proper farming caused their generations to have poor nutrition and necessary environmental factors for a proper civilization.

They are 100% responsible for their dumb primitive culture/lifestyle/population, nobody else is. Stop shitting out excuses for their stupidity with such retarded baseless bullshit.

>transracial adoption study

Not that user but that's instant trash, if a kid has to be adopted, 7 times out of 10 substantial damage has already been done to their general health and brain growth. More than likely they lost several IQ points from the mother's lack of proper nutrition during pregnancy alone and the adoption itself simply mitigates future loss in IQ through auxiliary support if the kid is young enough.

Also such studies lack rigorous info on the adoptee's mother's health when they were a child, which is important because if they suffered poor nutrition too through pregnancy and childhood the adopted child is most likely working off of a definitive sub-optimal IQ average for their respective demographic.

Which is a very real problem in places like sub-sahara Africa. Where malnutrition (not lack of food, but lack of proper food) during pregnancy is common.

>Not that user but that's instant trash, if a kid has to be adopted, 7 times out of 10 substantial damage has already been done to their general health and brain growth
You realize they were compared to white kids who were also adopted?

Kant was a two-bit hack.

>Not that user but that's instant trash, if a kid has to be adopted, 7 times out of 10 substantial damage has already been done to their general health and brain growth. More than likely they lost several IQ points from the mother's lack of proper nutrition during pregnancy alone and the adoption itself simply mitigates future loss in IQ through auxiliary support if the kid is young enough.
Do you know what a control group is? You're making a huge amount of assumptions without addressing the study methodology, all to affirm your unfounded beliefs.

when you live in a place where you can just walk around naked and pick food off the ground, you have no impetus to think.